Post-Game Talk: Celebration Rock: Canucks 7, Predators 4 - Hail King Ebbetterle

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
I was actually about to write something about high scoring game which throws everyone on this board off their balance of negativism against random Canucks stuff.

would anyone want to see Booth with sedin to see if there is any chemistry? I mean he have not play with any solid center........we expect him and Kesler to play together when Kesler return right?

I rather stick with what works right now. It is the AV way to try new stuff when things really should be set long ago. If Burrows goes down I rather see Kassian up there for the physical presence, perhaps it should be done more as it might be what we need in the play-offs.

Further, we can we not see consistent defensive pairings, half the season is behind us and still we see this willingness to experiment to find the Holy grail of the Blue-line when all the players need is time playing together.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Was at my first Canucks game today, Hansen line was great all game long, and it came down to a very exciting finish, crowd went nuts on the penalty shot. Had a great time!

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Was at my first Canucks game today, Hansen line was great all game long, and it came down to a very exciting finish, crowd went nuts on the penalty shot. Had a great time!
There's only been a couple of games as good as this one for the Canucks this season so you chose a good one to go to :)

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
I still can't believe we almost blew that lead to that offense...

To allow them within 1 goal with 4 minutes left is unacceptable. So we can all be happy about the win and Booth finally shooting a puck into an empty net but it's not all positive that's for sure.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I still can't believe we almost blew that lead to that offense...

To allow them within 1 goal with 4 minutes left is unacceptable. So we can all be happy about the win and Booth finally shooting a puck into an empty net but it's not all positive that's for sure.

I was at the game, and honestly at no point after about ten minutes into the first was I at all worried that the Canucks would lose the game.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Lol did anyone see the picture of the Canucks win on tsns website?

maximlapierre_3576-430x298.jpg

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
A few things:

Kassian reminds me so much of early Bertuzzi that it hurts. Not necessarily as a direct comparable, but just in the way that one minute you think he's an idiot, and the next minute you're thinking that you can't wait to see this guy once he matures. He's really clearly still trying to put together the pieces, but if/when he gets there it'll be impressive. Needs to learn how to stay involved more consistently.

Sedins didn't have a very good game, but they're just so good that even on an off night they'll have spurts where they look like they can do whatever they want out there.

Tanev is so good. Just unreal. Unbelievable pickup for the Canucks.

Hansen's puck pursuit reminds me of Kesler when Kesler decides he's not going to kid around anymore. Guy just somehow makes straight-line paths to the puck appear out of nowhere with his speed, hustle, and sheer bullishness. That whole line had a good game.

Booth had a good game, and it's nice to see him rewarded. He gets lost in his own end sometimes, but that's just what you're going to get. Hustles hard and gets on top of his man in a hurry, which causes chaos.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Haven't read any of the other comments in this thread so I don't know if this was brought up, but did anyone else find it totally strange that Luongo made what was one of the most amazing saves of this entire Canucks season about 5 minutes into the third, and not only did the crowd not get on their feet and cheer him, they barely seemed to notice. WTF???

I mean, the Rogers area crowd "Louuuuuu"s for the most routine saves imaginable, and then Roberto dives out and stops a shot going into an empty net with the blade of his stick, and it's crickets chirping in there.

At first I thought everyone in the building missed it since it deflected off his stick and flew into the crowd, but then even with the instant replay playing on the jumbotron, there was just the slightest little crowd mumble of appreciation.

Last edited:

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
went to bed after the 2nd (late in the east)
i thought this game was an utter comedy of errors
bieksa was brutal on the 2G against i saw, and it was scrambley and flow-free for most of the first 2 ...
was the 3rd any better?

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Also, Ebbet plays the best game of his career. Maybe people can lay off the guy a little for a few games around here, now. The expectations for this player around here are insane. We always seem to act like our 3 and 4 line guys are failures if they aren't scoring like the Sedins. HELLO... that's why they're 3rd and 4th line guys....

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Also, Ebbet plays the best game of his career. Maybe people can lay off the guy a little for a few games around here, now. The expectations for this player around here are insane. We always seem to act like our 3 and 4 line guys are failures if they aren't scoring like the Sedins. HELLO... that's why they're 3rd and 4th line guys....

I really don't think that's the point, or the problem people have with Ebbett.

As a 13/14th forward? Ok. Great. And he had an oustanding fill-in game for a fill-in.

The thing fans are upset about...is the fact he's filling in as our #2C. That's just not acceptable, even if he did have a good game tonight.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Nice to see Ebbett have a good game, but I find it weird that they weren't willing to reunite the Raymond-Hansen duo until after JS was sent down? Doesn't make any sense.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
IT was a bit ugly the last half of the game, but they aren't the first and won't be the last team to take an easy multi goal lead on an opponent and then go to sleep. And really, had Bieksa been at all decent last night the game doesn't look nearly as bad. He was doing his best to prevent a win for his team last night.

I will say the canucks did a pretty good job the last 7 or so minutes of pulling it together and locking things down.

I know they are the whipping boys right now but how can anyone not like the physical play of Kassian and Booth on the wings? They are throwing some hard hard hits. Kassian is starting to play with that edge that puts him on the borderline of clean hit/suspension...which is where he was most effective as a junior player. Though he had a bit of a tough game last night. Still impressed with how that part of his game has developed the last couple of weeks.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
A few things:

Kassian reminds me so much of early Bertuzzi that it hurts. Not necessarily as a direct comparable, but just in the way that one minute you think he's an idiot, and the next minute you're thinking that you can't wait to see this guy once he matures. He's really clearly still trying to put together the pieces, but if/when he gets there it'll be impressive. Needs to learn how to stay involved more consistently.
Reminds me of the time I *think* (my memory is a bit hazy so recollection might be off lol...) the first time I saw Bertuzzi (as an Islander). I was wondering who the heck the Islanders were booing on their team (it was Bert). He was struggling somewhat as a prospect (no surprise given the slow development curve of power forwards - likely made worse by being rushed into the lineup as the fishsticks had no better players to use).

bpoulsen

Apr 20, 2006
Glostrup
That whole "what if hodgson was still here" ... Who wants a guy on the team that didn't want to be with the team/orginazation? ... Or did i miss something?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
watch AV go with kassian and the sedins in the first game of the playoffs, after not having him there with them since the first quarter of the season. and of course, they won't get going until it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->