CDSF: (1) St. Louis Blues vs. (WC1) Minnesota Wild - Part II (Series 3-2 MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
That game stunk. I wanted Stastny in for Lehtera before game 4, and they both had very good games. Stastny gets the bump with Lehtera out and plays like trash. Jaskin is just plain not ready for the big lights. Apparently after several years, Osh and Backes still aren't either. Allen had a bit of a stinker, but it's allowed. We need Lehtera back, badly. If nothing else, to get Goc out of the lineup. That guy is the worst. Minnesota fans made fun of Ott and Reaves lack of hockey skill. But Ott competes and Reaves wins puck battles all day. Goc is below average across the board. Sitting him for Porter was a great move. Playing him instead of maybe Jokinen wasn't good IMO. And I don't think much of Jokinen at all. But Minnesota played good defense. We had a lot of shots, but not a lot of clean looks. Credit to them and Dubnyk. I still don't know how we had that many shots. I would have guessed 27-28 tops. Maybe more got through from the point than I thought. But that number seems high. We did have the puck a lot.

We need to show up in Minny. Because if they score first, I feel like our bench is gonna get their heads down.

sushinsky4tsar

Oct 17, 2002
Edina, MN
Visit site
I'm not betting against them in Game 7, but I've seen enough of the Wild to know that the Blues will take game 6. Wrapping up the series on home ice in 6 games would just be too neat and tidy for this team. This game almost felt like a formality. Whoever was going to lose tonight would be a cinch for game 6.

Would love to be proven wrong.

JCraw1

Jul 22, 2014
I know, it's almost hard to believe.

We were horrible in March. In April, we saw flashes of the normal team, but we never really had a complete game and didn't stay consistent. Elliott had been playing terrible and it was rubbing off on the rest of the team. We started coming out of it in the last 6 games or so of the regular season as we switched over to Allen, but we still weren't back in our groove, not to mention we didn't have Steen or Tarasenko.

Game 2 I think was the first time in a while that I saw a complete performance from the Blues. Game 4 was the same. What you saw in those two games is what is expected from them. That's what we should always be like, which is why we say that we can play like that every game. Those games were our norm.

Okay so the Blues played like their "norm" 2 games in the past 2 months? Do you know what "norm" means? I mean seriously...just read your own post and tell me that you are making a case for the Blues being normally amazing by saying how they were awful an entire month and only seeing brief flashes the next month. Seems like quite the norm indeed.

Just because you expect them to play a certain way doesn't mean they actually do most of the time...especially in the playoffs.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
I haven't seen many Blues games but I know Tarasenko is a young elite scorer.. Just curious as to what you Blues fans think about the rest of his game?

I am admittedly pretty cranky right now but this post is annoying. How about you just come out with your opinion and we can have a discussion about it?

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I am admittedly pretty cranky right now but this post is annoying. How about you just come out with your opinion and we can have a discussion about it?

Nice. Or you could you know...start that discussion...by posting your thoughts on his question in his post instead of this passive aggressive ********.

I'd actually be curious to know too because before this series I've really onlyl watched Tarasanko highlights. Sorry for the annoying post bro. smh.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
Well the Wild got lucky in this one. Got outplayed pretty badly again but this time managed to come out on top. Going to need a better performance all around or game 7 will be right around the corner.

Still kind of bitter this is a first round matchup and not at least a second rounder...

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
The Blues seem like they're a team that should be made for the playoffs, but for whatever reason they just can't get it going. I don't get it. Hitch is a fantastic coach, but he just does not have playoff success.

Series definitely isn't over yet and I'm hoping the Wild come out strong on home ice because the Blues have shown they can push back.

agree with some of it....

wouldn't say the guy doesn't have playoff success he has a cup....just saying

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Well the Wild got lucky in this one. Got outplayed pretty badly again but this time managed to come out on top. Going to need a better performance all around or game 7 will be right around the corner.

Still kind of bitter this is a first round matchup and not at least a second rounder...

Yeah the Wild definitely got outplayed winning 4-1.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Jesus Christ...I'm sorry but as a neutral fan where the **** was St Louis' battle today? Looked like you guys were playing a preseason game.

You guys have incredible depth this year, are healthy, and have the perfect mix of young players/veterans to make a healthy run. I still have you guys in 7, but god damn today was not a good day for you guys.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
Nice. Or you could you know...start that discussion...by posting your thoughts on his question in his post instead of this passive aggressive ********.

I'd actually be curious to know too because before this series I've really onlyl watched Tarasanko highlights. Sorry for the annoying post bro. smh.

The post I quoted is the literal definition of passive aggressiveness. Think about it. It was bait.

peteyp

Apr 13, 2015
Minneapolis

Honest question. I really don't know much about the rest of his game but it seemed like the only time I ever hear his name is when he's shooting the puck. Just wanted the opinion of someone who watches him more frequently.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Jesus Christ...I'm sorry but as a neutral fan where the **** was St Louis' battle today? Looked like you guys were playing a preseason game.

You guys have incredible depth this year, are healthy, and have the perfect mix of young players/veterans to make a healthy run. I still have you guys in 7, but god damn today was not a good day for you guys.

Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde with our core leadership. Backes and Oshie combined for 0 hits tonight, Oshie a -2. Steen misses 2 point blank grade A chances. Add all that up with a night where Allen played like trash and you have a 4-1 loss.

I have seen enough things from this team and this core group especially to know they are going to not even bother showing up on Sunday. If they do somehow manage to win, I will personally buy tix to Game 7 just to boo them off the ice then because they wont show up for that game.

I think everyone has come to accept Oshie being a complete joke down the stretch and into the playoffs every year, but Backes not playing a physical/hardnosed game is so headscratching to me. Hes getting outproduced by Berglund....hes getting outproduced by Chris Stewart. 0 power play points in his playoff career, I just dont understand why Backes wants to play like Peter Cajanek in the playoffs instead of Keith Primeau.

What makes me upset is how they are going to get Hitch fired for this. The only thing Hitch does wrong is change the lines too much. This aint Hitch';s fault and it never will be but he will be the scapegoat for this team if they choke away another season.

peteyp

Apr 13, 2015
Minneapolis
I hate the Blues and am rooting for Minnesota big time, but the Blues obviously outplayed them tonight.

I'd say the Blues outplayed the Wild 2/3 of the game but I think finding a way to win when you're not playing your best is the mark of a team that can go far in the playoffs.

That being said, I still think this goes 7 games. The Blues have shown that they can play great in the neutral zone and control the puck in the offensive one for long periods of time. A couple bounces the other way and the score is flipped.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
Can someone please explain to me how that was passive aggressive? I'm honestly curious and if you look at my history I've only posted honest questions. I don't know much about the guy except that he can flat out put the puck in the net like not too many people can.

If it was legitimately an honest question then I misinterpreted your post. I apologize. We are five games into this series, pretty reasonable to believe you have already formulated an opinion about it.

Tarasenko isn't in the running for Selke that's for sure, he is by no means a liability though.

peteyp

Apr 13, 2015
Minneapolis
If it was legitimately an honest question then I misinterpreted your post. I apologize. We are five games into this series, pretty reasonable to believe you have already formulated an opinion about it.

Tarasenko isn't in the running for Selke that's for sure, he is by no means a liability though.

No worries. I guess I don't so much pay attention to numbers and names as I do the flow of the game.... and flow of the beer. So I pretty much only notice specific players when I hear their names. Honestly just curious about the rest of his game. All I really know is that he's one hell of a scorer. Sorry if I came across differently.

Edit: However, I am somehow able to point out Vanek at any point during the game.

I guess I do notice all the Wild players out there but rarely pay attention to who's on the ice against them.

Last edited:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

I'm definitely very envious of Tarasenko. He's a fantastic player, and he's only gonna get better.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Devan Dubnyk dive and mask ejection. It's sandella's stick that hits Dubnyk in the chest and not hard enough to catapult him backwards like that nonsense. The mask flying off after he punched himself in the head was just embellishment. should have been 2 and an Oscar,

Last 3:33 of 3rd period.

NBC postgame, Devan Dubnyk interview.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I have very little hope right now of the Blues winning game 6, but it would be exciting to see a game 7. I don't know, this series has been kind of dull so far. Not just because my team is losing, but it just seems like they are kind of taking turns playing like crap (the Blues more so than Minny, but still). Most of the games have lacked excitement and fireworks. On one hand it's kind of nice playing Minnesota instead of a team like Chicago or LA who I just can't stand, but this series does lack fire and hatred. Aside from Ott, there's been absolutely zero.

And the Blues just don't have the same energy and physical play as they've had the past two years against Chicago and LA. Props to Minnesota for playing well, and they definitely deserve to be leading the series, but I just don't see much urgency or resilience from the Blues until it's too late. I don't get it. Even though they lost the past 2 years, I thought they showed a lot more energy than they are right now. They never put a piss poor effort on the ice like they have this series.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Devan Dubnyk dive and mask ejection. It's sandella's stick that hits Dubnyk in the chest and not hard enough to catapult him backwards like that nonsense. The mask flying off after he punched himself in the head was just embellishment. should have been 2 and an Oscar,

Last 3:33 of 3rd period.

NBC postgame, Devan Dubnyk interview.

An embellishment for diving because of his own player's actions? Trying to draw a penalty against Scandella, eh? He could have gotten it in his throat. The refs were definitely not on the side of the Wild tonight.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
These next (possibly) 2 games are about to be epic. I know the Wild are not gonna play 2 terrible games in a row at home and the blues are gonna be coming out like it's game 4.

I picked Blues in 7 to start. Hope I'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad