CDSF: (1) St. Louis Blues vs. (WC1) Minnesota Wild - Part II (Series 3-2 MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
OHHH BABY, WHAT A SAVE! I miss Ken Wilson, but Kerbs is great as well

I agree with Ken Wilson, he was great and all my childhood Blues memories were his calls. But I can not Stand the "Thank you,Thank you, Thank you" call its has to be the worst in the league. I guess Im turning into a cranky old man in my early thirties.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
I agree with Ken Wilson, he was great and all my childhood Blues memories were his calls. But I can not Stand the "Thank you,Thank you, Thank you" call its has to be the worst in the league. I guess Im turning into a cranky old man in my early thirties.

Nope I'm right there with ya, Blues made a big mistake letting Wilson go.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
These fan bases are so bipolar. After game 3 everyone was saying Wild will win the series and blues fans had their doom faces on. Now after game 4 it's completely flipped, though I haven't seen as many Wild fans with doom faces on. We all know the Wild will not repeat their performance from game 4. It doesn't get much worse. Dubnyk should have been pulled after his 3rd goal. #FireYeo

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
This is going to be me at work tomorrow all day before the game.

30v16j7.gif

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
These fan bases are so bipolar. After game 3 everyone was saying Wild will win the series and blues fans had their doom faces on. Now after game 4 it's completely flipped, though I haven't seen as many Wild fans with doom faces on. We all know the Wild will not repeat their performance from game 4. It doesn't get much worse. Dubnyk should have been pulled after his 3rd goal. #FireYeo

Probably just taking after their teams.:).

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Team scores first goal, opposing team goes into the fetal position. What's wrong with these teams? Lol

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
They sure do. Just as much of a chance as the Wild.

:sarcasm:

I think that if the Wild win this series, it's in 7. I don't see them winning both games 5 and 6. I think that the Blues could take the next two games, but I can definitely see this going 7 and coming down to the wire.

How's a game 7 overtime sound? There hasn't been a single OT game in this series thus far. It would be amazing if the first 6 games were regulation wins/losses and game 7 goes to double or triple OT. As much as my heart would hate it, my eyes would love it. St. Louis hasn't seen a game 7 in over a decade.

Spicy Panger

Jan 17, 2015
Every game has been a surprise in one way or another, so who knows what will happen. Expect the unexpected in this series!

:cry: :blush: :banghead: :confused: :dunno: :rant: :pullhair:

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011

I miss Ken Wilson so much. John Kelly has grown on me but I still think Wilson was much better. He had a knack for sensing what was going to happen and adjusting his intensity accordingly.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
Posts like this make this forum worth reading. I just love how after each game the winning team's fans somehow think their team has suddenly found the formula and there is nothing the opposing team can do to stop them.

It's W, L, W, L (or for the Blues L, W, L, W) with the two most recent games being total domination and yet the series was over after each. LMAO

You Blues fans are cracking me up (not you specifically DB) how it was time to start the rebuild after game three and you're unbeatable after game four!! I don't know how you people survive this emotional rollercoaster!!

Get bounced in the first twice in a row and that'll have an effect on a fanbase. The Blues are capable of playing every game like last night. The reason they don't is seemingly between the ears of some key players. It is incredibly frustrating sometimes, pretty easy to see why blues fans are so reactionary.

I don't think there are a lot of Blues fans who think their team is unbeatable. There were seemingly LOTS of Wild fans that thought theirs was unbeatable. Things balance out.

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
Get bounced in the first twice in a row and that'll have an effect on a fanbase. The Blues are capable of playing every game like last night. The reason they don't is seemingly between the ears of some key players. It is incredibly frustrating sometimes, pretty easy to see why blues fans are so reactionary.

Regarding the bolded, I call BS. I appreciate that the Blues are an extremely talented team, but games like last night happen in this modern parity infused NHL only when there is a willing opponent. There is simply no way they can dictate that type of game at will and that is exactly the type of comment that has me so entertained each post season.

I don't think there are a lot of Blues fans who think their team is unbeatable. There were seemingly LOTS of Wild fans that thought theirs was unbeatable. Things balance out.

Link? These two fan bases have been surprisingly even keeled when it comes to boastfulness IMO. There has been plenty "the sky is falling" going on, and the occasional "We got this" after a win, but the former far outnumber the latter.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Regarding the bolded, I call BS. I appreciate that the Blues are an extremely talented team, but games like last night happen in this modern parity infused NHL only when there is a willing opponent. There is simply no way they can dictate that type of game at will and that is exactly the type of comment that has me so entertained each post season.

Link? These two fan bases have been surprisingly even keeled when it comes to boastfulness IMO. There has been plenty "the sky is falling" going on, and the occasional "the series is over", but the former far outnumber the latter.
There was maybe 2 Wild fans posting that they thought the series was over after game 3, but like 50 Wild fans telling them to calm down and look at this realistically. The Blues are far too talented to think the Wild could continue to dominate as they did in Game 3. Apparently the Wild players thought it was going to be easy, and thus laid the egg they did lastnight as a result. Thus the Blues did to the Wild in game 4, what the Wild did in game 3... only with shaky goaltending to go with it.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

They are capable of playing every game like that...

The Wild had a bad game, especially Dubnyk. That's why the Blues dictated the play nearly all game. However, if the Wild were playing on par I still think the Blues would have taken that game, although it probably would have been closer. We have little control over how good the other team plays, but we have complete control over our game. And we can play the way we did last night, every game.

Last night wasn't us being hot or having a really good game; that's the "normal" Blues, a team we haven't seen in a while.

The scary part is, this is not the best that we've seen from them.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
So let me get this straight, that was the normal Blues that you haven't seen in a while? Me thinks you should review the definition of normal!!

:naughty:

I know, it's almost hard to believe.

We were horrible in March. In April, we saw flashes of the normal team, but we never really had a complete game and didn't stay consistent. Elliott had been playing terrible and it was rubbing off on the rest of the team. We started coming out of it in the last 6 games or so of the regular season as we switched over to Allen, but we still weren't back in our groove, not to mention we didn't have Steen or Tarasenko.

Game 2 I think was the first time in a while that I saw a complete performance from the Blues. Game 4 was the same. What you saw in those two games is what is expected from them. That's what we should always be like, which is why we say that we can play like that every game. Those games were our norm.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
There is no home ice advantage for STL if they try to win in 6. :sarcasm:

I actually was thinking about this...

if MIN wins next game... they have big Mr. Bean-like advantage to close out at home
if STL wins next game... it is likely they lose in MIN and come home for game 7
if THIS is going nowhere.. it is

The problem with the wild is that they don't have Patrik Berglund, IMO (they also lack panger FWIW):yo:

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
It'll be fun experiencing the playoffs in the road building for a change. Even better if we win of course... ;)

what section are you in? I'll try and get tickets near you so we can heckle each other and i'll buy you a beer nacho:yo:

mnhowitzer

Jul 7, 2006
It's a new day. Hitting the airport for a flight to Sin City and hunkering down to watch the game somewhere. I expect tonight is going to be a slugfest...2-1, 3-2 toss up...both teams had their poop games now it's time to grind it out.

Let's go Wild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad