CBJ Training Camp Thread (Sept 13th-Oct 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I haven't watched any of the preseason this year, what's the deal with Prapavessis? Seems like we actually inked him to a 2 year ELC. He's been THAT impressive?
Yes he has IMO. I'm not sure of his NHL upside per se (mostly because I still don't feel like I have a clear picture of his ability with the puck - that and I'm historically poor at amateur scouting ;) ) but what I have seen has been really encouraging. He strikes me as being very mobile and having surprisingly good instincts as to how to use that ability.

* * *​
It just might work.

Werenski-Savard
Wennberg-Nutivaara
Kukan-Clendening
This is completely bat**** insane as a concept and yet I love it so.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Yes he has IMO. I'm not sure of his NHL upside per se (mostly because I still don't feel like I have a clear picture of his ability with the puck - that and I'm historically poor at amateur scouting ;) ) but what I have seen has been really encouraging. He strikes me as being very mobile and having surprisingly good instincts as to how to use that ability.
I think him being only 22 out of college help too. Jarmo probably think he can develop him. if he was already 25 I don't think it would be the same story

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
* * *​

This is completely bat**** insane as a concept and yet I love it so.
I didn't mess with the forward lines, but that could also be interesting

Bread-PLD-Atkinson
Foligno-Nash-Bjorkstrand
Duclair-Stenlund-Anderson
Jenner-Dubinsky-Sedlak/Milano

or

Jenner-Stenlund-Duclair
Sedlak/Milano-Dubinsky-Anderson

major major

Feb 18, 2013
What in Saint Prospal’s name makes y’all think Wennberg could actually play as a defenseman? Because he has the vision and passing ability?

To me it's entirely serious as a long term proposition, or rather something you try out at some point to see if he could become a very good defenceman in the long term. In the short run, although we could use D help now, Wennberg likely has too much to learn in terms of gap management and footwork to be a good D man. It would take a while, months to years, to learn properly.

Long term, I think Wennberg has the instincts and the basic tools to be a very good defenceman. He is much more comfortable with the play in front of him, and that's part of why he isn't aggressive enough offensively. His defensive positioning is superb. The vision, the passing, the skating, all of that. He'd be a classic puck mover.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Korostelev signed 1year AHL deal with Monsters, guess who is his agent.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
To me it's entirely serious as a long term proposition, or rather something you try out at some point to see if he could become a very good defenceman in the long term. In the short run, although we could use D help now, Wennberg likely has too much to learn in terms of gap management and footwork to be a good D man. It would take a while, months to years, to learn properly.

Long term, I think Wennberg has the instincts and the basic tools to be a very good defenceman. He is much more comfortable with the play in front of him, and that's part of why he isn't aggressive enough offensively. His defensive positioning is superb. The vision, the passing, the skating, all of that. He'd be a classic puck mover.
Yep, pretty much this. The short term is why it's insane, the long term is why I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad