CBJ Training Camp Thread (Sept 13th-Oct 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I think it’s fine. Porty’s Not really asking questions, especially when Torts points it out.
No, they were questions.

Edit: the questions about the coaching reassignments and Duclair were both ripe and simply dismissed. Heck, who isn't interested in such a major change as the coaching change which without explanation seems pretty crazy. (And even with it now explained still seems pretty crazy).

Last edited:
Reactions: major major

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Anderson
Atkinson
Bjorkstrand
Broadhurst
Davidsson
Dubinsky
Dubois
Duclair
Foligno
Foudy
Hannikainen
Jenner
Milano
Nash
Panarin
Robinson
Sedlak
Stenlund
Vigneault
Wennberg

Carlsson
Clendening
Harrington
Jones
Kukan
Murray
Nutivaara
Savard
Werenski

Berube
Bobrovski
Kivlenieks
Korpisalo

thats 33 not 34 who am I missing ?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Anderson
Atkinson
Bjorkstrand
Broadhurst
Davidsson
Dubinsky
Dubois
Duclair
Foligno
Foudy
Hannikainen
Jenner
Milano
Nash
Panarin
Robinson
Sedlak
Stenlund
Vigneault
Wennberg

My 2 cents on the forwards

In: (12)
Anderson
Atkinson
Bjorkstrand
Dubinsky
Dubois
Duclair
Foligno
Jenner
Milano
Nash
Panarin
Wennberg

out (5)
Broadhurst
Foudy
Hannikainen
Robinson
Vigneault

(Bubble for 2 spots)
Davidsson
Sedlak
Stenlund

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
^^^^^^
I agree and would keep Sedlak and send the other two to Cleveland to provide them more ice time. The big advantage to Cleveland is it is only a couple hour drive if someone needs to be called up.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
also Broadhurt would put Cleveland over the vet limit so idk if Columbus will care about that

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
How are Davidsson and Duclair looking? Any idea of what lines they'll start the season on? Thanks in advance.

Both meh.

Davidsson will go back to Sweden (in all likelihood) and Duclair will start on line 4 with what seems to be Nash and Milano.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
With this announcement of associate coaches changing responsibilities, my preference would be to break up the pairing of Jones and Werenski.

Both are offensively capable. Both can handle the puck and make great clearing passes. Both are responsible in all 3 zones. My opinion is to have one of those two on the ice for 44-46 minutes per game.

During the first 20 games, split them up for 10 consecutive games (in a row). You can mix and match their partners, but split them for 10 games. Then sit down, as a unit (every defense man, their position coach, Torts, Jarmo and JD) and talk it out. Plenty of Labatt Blue and Tim Horton's coffee to drink and Panara Bread can cater. Everybody talks about everything; positioning, coaching, injuries, and call ups. Then do a deep analytical dive on the 14-16 minutes when neither is on the ice. What are all the numbers, scoring chances for and against? I would trot out every analytic in use today and look at those 10 consecutive games.

I'd start with Jones and Savard, then pair Werenski and Nutivaara. But I wouldn't be afraid to pair Nutivaara with Jones and Savard with Werenski. I also would liberally mix in Ryan Murray, Gabriel Carlsson, Dean Kukan and Scott Harrington to the experiment.

The point of all this is to drive down goals against, boost goals for, and obviously win more games. If those 10 consecutive games result in 10 consecutive wins, you can cancel the caterer, still hold the meeting, but use the money on more Labatt Blue. The decision would be obvious.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
That's a really fascinating idea, Old Guy. I like it.

I'd prefer to see Nutivaara-Jones, Werenski-Savard, Kukan-Harrington/Carlsson to start (if Murray is hurt, as he seems to always be :( ). Savard-Jones would put a lot of people off their preferred side. One of Carlsson/Murray/Nutivaara should be sufficient (or even good) as LD with Jones.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I dont think savard jones is a good idea they are both natural rd and mostly always play there but nut jones and zach savard seem good like cbjfan827 said nut is probably as good as savard or better on the left side

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I dont think savard jones is a good idea they are both natural rd and mostly always play there but nut jones and zach savard seem good like cbjfan827 said nut is probably as good as savard or better on the left side

Nut Jones has a nice ring to it.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think Murray - Jones, Werenski - Savard, and Nutivaara - Harrington/Carlsson/Kukan is the best case scenario if Murray comes back healthy any time soon.

That way we play 75% of the game with Jones or Werenski on the ice and paired with a solid stay at home guy. The other 25% or so we have Nutivaara on the ice who I think has pretty good offensive upside.

With Murray out, however, I think they should stick with Werenski - Jones, Nutivaara - Savard, Harrington/Carlsson/Kukan and keep doing what they have been doing.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
An article on the Blue Jackets site mentioned keeping eight defensemen up in Columbus as a possibility. I assume this is only if Murray is healthy (i.e. not sending down Carlsson). Keeping eight defensemen without Murray would involve keeping Clendening up. I don't seem them going with 13 forwards to keep him in Columbus.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Players who I believe may be sent down following Hockeyville game

Robinson
Stenlund
Vigneault
Prapavessis
Berube

Broadhurst and Kivlenieks are scratches tonight, so they're still in Columbus for other reasons (Chicago game Thursday?).

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
"The Blue Jackets assigned the following players to the Cleveland Monsters, the club's American Hockey League affiliate: D Michael Prapavessis, F Eric Robinson and F Sam Vigneault. The club has also placed G Jean-Francois Berube on waivers for the purposes of assigning him to Cleveland. Forward Liam Foudy, Columbus' 2018 first round pick (18th overall), was returned to the Ontario Hockey League's London Knights."

Stenlund is still standing.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
still 5/6 cut to make

logically Kivlenieks, Carlsson, Davidsson, Stenlund, Clendening, Broadhurst but maybe Milano or Hannikainen and one more can stay up if Murray is on IR for real I guess. Stenlund seem raw but is the most surprising one to me and he look better than Davidsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad