CBJ Training Camp Thread (Sept 13th-Oct 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
giphy.gif

zGHQb4O.gif

Me when I read this page.

Reactions: cslebn

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
he played 7 games and got 2 point why do you say he struggled all year lol

I didn't say he struggled all year. Don't misquote me. I said he struggled in the AHL. Said nothing about the SEL.

He's going to be a nice 3rd line center, if he develops.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I didn't say he struggled all year. Don't misquote me. I said he struggled in the AHL. Said nothing about the SEL.

He's going to be a nice 3rd line center, if he develops.
He arrived with an injury, he played through it in final games in SHL and then he got injured again.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
And played with a group of players he's only ever skated with at camp, at the end of the season. :eyeroll:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
anyway glad to see zach is healthy and ready for opener will be a nice replacement now that Harrington is injured lol

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I was low on Stenlund after his disappointing year last year (his production in SHL wasn't great for the ice time he got).

But when you see a guy adjust this well to north american ice, and look dangerous offensively several shifts per game, you have to be ready to adjust to new possibilities. He might be in the midst of taking a big step, and end up better than a 3rd line center. He might even be an effective 3rd line center within the year. He might not, and this might be where he tops out. We don't know for sure, do we?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I was low on Stenlund after his disappointing year last year (his production in SHL wasn't great for the ice time he got).

But when you see a guy adjust this well to north american ice, and look dangerous offensively several shifts per game, you have to be ready to adjust to new possibilities. He might be in the midst of taking a big step, and end up better than a 3rd line center. He might even be an effective 3rd line center within the year. He might not, and this might be where he tops out. We don't know for sure, do we?

he still have 2 year of waiver exemption so he got more than enough time to hop between Columbus and Cleveland

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJFan827

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
*This does NOT factor in trades, signings, etc. Just as the roster sits*

2018 Roster: 23 Open Spots

Locks (100% Chance to make the roster): 18

Anderson
Atkinson
Bjorkstrand
Dubinsky
Dubois
Duclair
Clendening
Foligno
Jenner
Kukan
Nash
Panarin
Wennberg
Nutivaara
Savard
Werenski
Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

INJURED:

Jones
Murray

Likely (75% chance or higher of making the roster): 4

Hannikainen
Sedlak
Stenlund
Carlsson

INJURED:
Harrington

On the bubble (50% chance or lower of making the roster):2

Davidsson
Milano

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Anderson
Duclair-Nash-Stenlund
Sedlak, Hannikainen

Werenski-Savard
Nutivaara-Clendening
Carlsson-Kukan

INJURED: Murray, Jones, Harrington

Due to injures, Clendening and Kukan are locks. Carlsson is too, if Harrington/Murray are out long term.

Porty suggests in his roster outlook that Duclair is a lock, and I agree. Which means theres only one spot left in the lineup and potentially two extra spots up for grabs between Sedlak, Davidsson,Hannikainen, Milano, and Stenlund. When you go off of camp, it appears Stenlund has the inside track for one of those spots, and it appears Milano will go to the minors (or traded) based on his two way deal. Sedlak and Hannikainen have one way deals and haven't played themselves out of their roles. Unless management is comfortable with Davidsson potentially sitting or playing a 4th line scoring role, I think he'll go back to Sweden.

When Murray, Jones, and Harrington come back from injury Carlsson will go down to Cleveland, and the final spot will be decided between two of Harrington, Kukan, and Clendening. Clendening has had the best camp out of the three, with Kukan a close 2nd. My guess is Harrington gets waived.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88 and CBJSTH

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Porty suggests in his roster outlook that Duclair is a lock, and I agree. Which means theres only one spot left in the lineup and potentially two extra spots up for grabs between Sedlak, Davidsson,Hannikainen, Milano, and Stenlund. When you go off of camp, it appears Stenlund has the inside track for one of those spots, and it appears Milano will go to the minors (or traded) based on his two way deal. Sedlak and Hannikainen have one way deals and haven't played themselves out of their roles. Unless management is comfortable with Davidsson potentially sitting or playing a 4th line scoring role, I think he'll go back to Sweden.

two-way vs one way deal barely mater here I dont think management care to pay 500k more or less. Milano is waiver exempt is what is important compared to the other guys.

They can also keep 3 extra forward for the start of the season too theres 23 roster spot for 24 players.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If Milano doesn't make the team out of camp I'm willing to call him another Jackets #1 bust. He could turn out to be effective somewhere else but his days in Columbus appear to be numbered or at least should be.

Reactions: Cowumbus

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Hi guys, just inquiring for pool purposes on some reported injuries to Jones, Panarin and Werenski. I know Jones is listed as 4-6 weeks, but what about the other two?

Any inside info you have would be much appreciated. Good luck this season. Thanks.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Hi guys, just inquiring for pool purposes on some reported injuries to Jones, Panarin and Werenski. I know Jones is listed as 4-6 weeks, but what about the other two?

Any inside info you have would be much appreciated. Good luck this season. Thanks.
Panarin and Werenski are back.

Reactions: untouchable21

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006

Panarin and Werenski both played Friday and looked like world beaters.

Reactions: untouchable21

pled

Sep 7, 2009
MacDermid and Kulak on waiver and possibly more today. do you guys think they might try to claim one if Murray and harrington aren't ready anytime soon

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Connor Carrick on waiver too. one of them got to be better than Clendening/Carlsson even maybe Kukan

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Stenlund not training so I guess he'll be sent down too ? if murray can play oppener

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
If Milano doesn't make the team out of camp I'm willing to call him another Jackets #1 bust. He could turn out to be effective somewhere else but his days in Columbus appear to be numbered or at least should be.
I'm hoping he makes it but only if Torts is committed to a 4th line getting 10-12 minutes. That may be hard because Torts already has his opinion of him and it's not favorable. A trade may well be in the future.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Stenlund not training so I guess hell be sent down too ? if murray can play oppener
Yes, because Milano and Beerman are clearly better options.

Why even bother with that charade of "fighting for a spot" if your roster is set before it even started.

...ck that.
tenor.gif

Reactions: major major

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
PP1:
Atkinson​
Dubois Foligno Panarin
Werenski
PP2:

Wennberg​
Duclair Bjorkstrand Jenner
Murray​

pled

Sep 7, 2009
so Murray is actually practicing not just skating around ?
that is a good news for the day I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce