CBJ Training Camp Thread (Sept 13th-Oct 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
All I know is Panarin is going to have an absolute FIELD DAY with Detroit’s Defense. Tomorrow night.

Reactions: GoJackets1

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Same notebook - here's Atkinson on Hartnell:

“He came in when times were pretty tough, and he helped change the culture, little by little. We had (a team) at the time where it was ‘all about me, I’m all about me,’ and he really sat down with us as a group."

I haven't thought of the Jackets having that sort of pomposity issue since -- 2012? Was it just Johansen? Maybe Wiz? I don't know what this is about.

:puppy: :whaaa?: :squint: :amazed:

:propeller :innocent: :silly: :moose:

Wiz was just a bad defenseman. In regards to Jojo, ALL the signs were always there.

I know now that I didn't help people believe "IT" (even though that's ALL I ever wanted) with how vocal or aggressive my "crusade" against Jojo was, but looking back, you really had to go out of your way to really believe he WASNT a huge part of or simply was THE problem. Think about all the different times the "organization" was negatively vocal about him PUBLICLY. Over a VAST time period. At some point, it became clear to "them" that he wasn't getting or going to get the "message". The ONLY entity with ANY "health issues" was the CBJ, and the "cancer" was removed, while at the same time adding a Norris candidate that almost has the complete opposite "effect" on the teams "mindset".

Zack Savard
Murray Nut
Kukan ?

and will they put harrington on ir or send somebody down

C-l-e-n-d-e-n-i-n-g

major major

Feb 18, 2013
:puppy: :whaaa?: :squint: :amazed:

:propeller :innocent: :silly: :moose:

Wiz was just a bad defenseman. In regards to Jojo, ALL the signs were always there.

I know now that I didn't help people believe "IT" (even though that's ALL I ever wanted) with how vocal or aggressive my "crusade" against Jojo was, but looking back, you really had to go out of your way to really believe he WASNT a huge part of or simply was THE problem. Think about all the different times the "organization" was negatively vocal about him PUBLICLY. Over a VAST time period. At some point, it became clear to "them" that he wasn't getting or going to get the "message". The ONLY entity with ANY "health issues" was the CBJ, and the "cancer" was removed, while at the same time adding a Norris candidate that almost has the complete opposite "effect" on the teams "mindset".

C-l-e-n-d-e-n-i-n-g

You weren't the only one on the boards who couldn't stand Joey.

Reactions: thebus88

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Wennberg will NEVER be what he should be. He has made it clear thru numerous statements to the press that he plays the game he wants to play regardless of what the coaches say. He will be a defensively oriented center, who can't win face offs and who passes the puck rather than shooting it. He will NEVER be what he "should be" because, quite simply, he does not want to be that kind of player. And he does not care what the coaches think. End of story.
I thought this was the best one to reply to on all the Wennberg BS. If Wennberg is a 60 pt player this year and scores 10 goals will you, and others, still feel he's useless? I mean that would indicate he was part of 60 goals for right? If he plays the same defensive game (oh yeah, he's one of the best defensive forwards, if not the best) and pitches in 60 pts what would the gripe be? Yes, I'm a fan. I also feel I'm pretty realistic with my critiques. He's not a goal scorer...we know that. He still has great vision, defensive play and awareness in every situation. I too wish he would shoot more. It's a flaw but why don't others get the same treatment on here? Seriously, why isn't Bjorkstrand better? (I really like him too by the way)?

I'm sure I'll get flamed but really don't care. Wennberg was injured the entire season. This BS made up about him not caring, not working out... it's just that. BS.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The BS is how injured he was. I have seen no definite confirmation of his injuries or their extent.

Tell you what, let's see him get 60 point. Then I will let you know. But my initial thought is that it is not likely that he will get 60. Let him do it and I will let u know what I think. And I think this is a fair response because my opinion of him is based upon the fact that he has never given us 60 points. So when your hypothetical becomes reality, I will let you know what I think. But for now, I think your hypothetical is fantasy.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
The same Ryan Johansen who wasn’t AHL eligible in 2011-12? And who then played 40 games in the AHL during the lockout? And please don’t compare Jenner and Stenlund, they play completely different styles.

The same Johansen who had less than a point a game in the AHL during 2012-13, and then 5 goals and 12 points in 40 NHL games after the lockout. And everyone swore that he was being permanently ruined and would never amount to anything as a result of him becoming a tall Gilbert Brule or some stupid crap.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

CBJ 2015-16 record under Tortorella, pre-trade: 15-15-3
CBJ 2015-16 record under Tortorella, post-trade: 19-17-5

Weird, that's not really much of a difference there.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->