CBJ Training Camp Thread (Sept 13th-Oct 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I wouldnt draw that conclusion yet, I think Sedlak is very vuenerable

He's vulnerable, but more likely to Hannikainen or Davidsson taking his job. They're in the "NHL group", 15 forwards total. One or two too many still. I'm guessing Sedlak's plusses here are that he can play center, and they aren't going to care about his icetime unlike the younger Davidsson. I like Sedlak's play the least of them. Whoever wins those scratch spots is still stuck behind some pretty good 4th liners. I doubt anyone's watching Duclair right now and thinking "I can outwork that guy for a job".

Reactions: The Bread Man

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'll speak up for Hannikainen. He's got a great aggressive forecheck. Some of these guys are just a tad slow to the corners by comparison, and if they aren't threatening offensively they don't add as much. Hannikainen's also got decent production for his minutes so far. His discipline is maybe a bit of a minus. I'm not sure.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Today scrimmage.
Team Blue – Forwards: Oliver Bjorkstrand, Jonathan Davidsson, Brandon Dubinsky, Anthony Duclair, Nick Foligno, Markus Hannikainen, Sonny Milano, Alexander Wennberg; Defensemen: Adam Clendening, Scott Harrington, Dean Kukan, Markus Nutivaara; Goalie: Sergei Bobrovsky

Team White – Forwards: Josh Anderson, Cam Atkinson, Pierre-Luc Dubois, Boone Jenner, Riley Nash, Lukas Sedlak; Defensemen: Gabriel Carlsson, Seth Jones, Michael Prapavessis, David Savard; Goalie: Joonas Korpisalo

Blue beat White 4:1 Goals Blue: Foligno, Bjorkstrand, Duclair, Harrington
White: Nash.

Panarin joined the group after scrimmage.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'll speak up for Hannikainen. He's got a great aggressive forecheck. Some of these guys are just a tad slow to the corners by comparison, and if they aren't threatening offensively they don't add as much. Hannikainen's also got decent production for his minutes so far. His discipline is maybe a bit of a minus. I'm not sure.
He does have that, to be sure. Unfortunately, every time I've seen him, that's the only thing he has. And just about everything else is at best subpar.

He's the "motivation" guy in the old "combine [talented guy] and [motivated guy] and you'd have a superstar" cliche.

Reactions: CBJFan827

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Abramov, Stenlund,Robinson to AHL group. Thinking this means it will be tough for any of these guys to make the big club.
Stenlund and Robinson will see time as injury callups this season IMO. I think Abramov will get a year in Cleveland.

Reactions: CBJFan827

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Robinson will be in the NHL over Hainikainen and Clendening will be in over Carlsson.

Mark my words.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I find it bizarre how you can have so much love for Wade yet hold Carlsson in so low a regard.

What's bizarre about it? Did you see Wade play at all in TC or at any time?

I'll put it this way, Wade plays the game the way Carlsson SHOULD play. I've said Prout (somewhat tongue in cheek) in the past, but I'll use Wade as a literal example of who Carlsson should model his game after.

Not to mention, I'm talking about Wade getting an AHL contract, whereas Carlsson had been appointed as a "top 4 NHL defenseman" before he got off the plane from Sweden 1.5 years ago.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Robinson will be in the NHL over Hainikainen and Clendening will be in over Carlsson.

Mark my words.

I don't know if you missed it but Carlsson looks vastly improved. There's no doubt in my mind that he's ahead of Clendening on the chart, though they might prefer to have Clendening in the #7 spot so Carlsson gets his ice time.

Robinson doesn't look that good to me, but I could see him maybe getting in eventually. Though he, like Clendening, is not in the main group with the NHL bound players, indicating he'll be headed for Cleveland.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
We will see.

I wouldn't be so sure that these groups are 'set in stone' or that being in either group (after 2 preseason games) means what people THINK it means.

Clendening and Robinson look good TO ME. Look better than the other 2 guys. Again, we will see.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We will see.

I wouldn't be so sure that these groups are 'set in stone' or that being in either group (after 2 preseason games) means what people THINK it means.

Clendening and Robinson look good TO ME. Look better than the other 2 guys. Again, we will see.

Don't worry I've already marked your words

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Madden also said Carlsson was playing through injuries most of last season. But I'm sure that's just another excuse.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
What's bizarre about it? Did you see Wade play at all in TC or at any time?

I'll put it this way, Wade plays the game the way Carlsson SHOULD play. I've said Prout (somewhat tongue in cheek) in the past, but I'll use Wade as a literal example of who Carlsson should model his game after.
Yeah, I hate to tell you Bus, but a 24 year old should look abnormally good in Traverse City. He's older than Seth Jones for f***s sake.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Unlikely. Normally it means you can't play immediately afterward but you're fine the next day. Murray kept playing a couple shifts, and now he's on the shelf.
See but as he’s him, and I’m a chick, and these are balls we’re discussing so I didn’t know. I figured it was much like you said. But this is Murray we’re talking about. And I love Murray. Big fan. I’ve long been on record as cutting him slack with the injuries. But. You know. Shit happens. And maybe he has really dainty balls. Like more so than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad