CBJ Training Camp Thread (Sept 13th-Oct 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I just watched the grey/blue scrimmage from this morning:

Ryan Murray and Anthony Duclair look like the best players on the ice. Duclair is flying on the forecheck. Milano looking good too. Gabriel Carlsson looks to be the most improved.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yeah all of that, and still he was taking offers from some other clubs, but not from the CBJ. His intentions are clear enough to me.
Not really he said he was open to taking offers if the cbj want to go that route because they want security if Panarin does end up leaving. He is giving them full transparency so no one feels lied too. If we go 3 rounds and the team starts to score and Bob stays I think he stays. He had 1 year here thats not a whole lot when you consider it would be 8 years of commitment. And of that 1 year how much of it was actually spent in the city in his down time where he didnt have anyone he knew there. He stated last year unprompted he really liked the city and its clear how much he likes the team and they like him.

He might be leaning towards leaving but I see it as a 1 show me deal like players get after off years. The organization has 1 full year to show them why he is worth 8yrs of his life and career.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I don't buy the "you're only UFA once" in regards to Panrian, he wasn't drafted and got to choose where he wanted to play. He might not have liked the money he made the first two years, but that's under the CBA and if he wanted to play in the league you gotta abide by it.

Reactions: Xoggz22

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
#CBJ players for 1st preseason game Mon:

Fwds: Abramov, Bjorkstrand, Broadhurst, Davidsson, Dubinsky, Dubois, Duclair, Hannikainen, MacInnis, Milano, Thurkauf, Vigneault
Def: Clendening, Cross, Harrington, Kukan, Nutivaara, Savard
Goalers: Kivlenieks, Thiessen

Reactions: CPTN71

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
How has Davidsson looked so far?
Going off one game in Traverse City (he was sick and missed the championship game), he's been about as I expected. His shot is a bona fide weapon -- hard and accurate, with a lightning-quick release. He looks like he'll be a threat to score given even the slightest opportunity. That said, in that TC game, he got pushed around fairly easily and disappeared for stretches. I'd say right now the most likely outcome, barring injuries to several CBJ forwards, is another season at Djurgardens, but we'll know more after tomorrow night's preseason game (assuming it'll be available to watch somewhere). He's definitely in the mix and a good preseason could force the club's hand.

Reactions: Son of Petter

major major

Feb 18, 2013
How has Davidsson looked so far?

Electric. Moving fast, thinking fast, I'm sure you know his game. He looks like he can play in the NHL right now.

I still have no idea how he'd make the team though. The one guy of the 4 top RWs who isn't established yet is Anthony Duclair, and he is also having a great start to camp. Davidsson's too promising to sit, and he doesn't want to go to Cleveland, so I think there's an 80%+ chance he goes back to Sweden.

Reactions: Son of Petter

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Going off one game in Traverse City (he was sick and missed the championship game), he's been about as I expected. His shot is a bona fide weapon -- hard and accurate, with a lightning-quick release. He looks like he'll be a threat to score given even the slightest opportunity. That said, in that TC game, he got pushed around fairly easily and disappeared for stretches. I'd say right now the most likely outcome, barring injuries to several CBJ forwards, is another season at Djurgardens, but we'll know more after tomorrow night's preseason game (assuming it'll be available to watch somewhere). He's definitely in the mix and a good preseason could force the club's hand.

He's zipping around the ice at the camp scrimmages, my guess is that he wasn't well in the one game he played in Traverse City.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Pre-season games will be available on CBJ website and on Fox Sports Go app.
one will be on NBCSN, the Kraft Hockeyville game on the the 25th.:thumbu:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Electric. Moving fast, thinking fast, I'm sure you know his game. He looks like he can play in the NHL right now.

I still have no idea how he'd make the team though. The one guy of the 4 top RWs who isn't established yet is Anthony Duclair, and he is also having a great start to camp. Davidsson's too promising to sit, and he doesn't want to go to Cleveland, so I think there's an 80%+ chance he goes back to Sweden.

If I got it right he's not even aloud to play in the AHL, not that he doesn't want to, since he has one year left on his contract with Djurgården. It's NHL or SHL

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If I got it right he's not even aloud to play in the AHL, not that he doesn't want to, since he has one year left on his contract with Djurgården. It's NHL or SHL

You might be right but all the reporting on it speaks of it as his preference to play in Sweden for another year. He's getting good minutes on a good team, playing with his brother, etc...

Reactions: CBJFan827

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
You might be right but all the reporting on it speaks of it as his preference to play in Sweden for another year. He's getting good minutes on a good team, playing with his brother, etc...

Yes, we all want him back. The pace and intensity him, his brother and Axel Jonsson-Fjällby played with in their line last season I don't think another line in the SHL could match. They we're an absolute "pain in the ass" to play against and they could set up some attacks in the offensive zone where the opponents looked like cones, and forcheck like madmens when they didn't have the puck. They got some problems once the other team managed to push them down in their own defensive zone, but other than that they were fantastic. Even supporters from other teams loved to watch them and gave them praise, and that's unusual in Swedish hockey and sports in general to admit of teams you don't like :D

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJFan827

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
So they cut the roster in 2 groups today.

NHL group. D Werenski-Jones, Kukan-Savard, Harrington-Nutivaara-Murray-Carlson.
F: Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson, Bjorkstrand-Wennberg-Foligno,Jenner-Nash-Anderson Milano-Dubinsky-Duclair, Beerman, Davidson,Sedlak.
Bob.Korpi

The rest are AHL group.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So they cut the roster in 2 groups today.

NHL group. D Werenski-Jones, Kukan-Savard, Harrington-Nutivaara-Murray-Carlson.
F: Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson, Bjorkstrand-Wennberg-Foligno,Jenner-Nash-Anderson Milano-Dubinsky-Duclair, Beerman, Davidson,Sedlak.
Bob.Korpi

The rest are AHL group.

Abramov, Stenlund,Robinson to AHL group. Thinking this means it will be tough for any of these guys to make the big club.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Not a lot of surprises there. Who is Beerman? Is that a nickname, or a player I'm forgetting about?

Reactions: GoJackets1

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Niceeee.

Count me among those who don't think Hannikainen would be of more use to the team than any of the young guys. The only reason I'd keep him up instead of them is so they can get playing time.
As one of Sonny Milano's biggest detractors anywhere, at every level I've been more impressed with Milano when he's on than Hannikainen at any point. He's always been just... there, even as part of the Hannikainen-Sedlak-Bjorkstrand line that dominated in the Calder Cup playoff run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->