CBJ Training Camp Thread (Sept 13th-Oct 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
See but as he’s him, and I’m a chick, and these are balls we’re discussing so I didn’t know. I figured it was much like you said. But this is Murray we’re talking about. And I love Murray. Big fan. I’ve long been on record as cutting him slack with the injuries. But. You know. **** happens. And maybe he has really dainty balls. Like more so than normal.

It's possible. You never know with Murray. More likely that skate messed up something else. Deep thigh bruise or something. It's not common whatever it is.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
who will play PK if murray die ? Harrington on the first unit ?

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
He got kicked in the groin. That would injure anybody. Pure bad luck, nothing more.

I've never heard about some being out long term from a kick in the balls. A back injury from the hit by Brandon Davidson (what most of us thought it was initially) seems like the more likely culprit.

Edit: The club is clear about it that it's a soft-tissue (not balls) injury from the kick. I was sort of right the first time:

It's possible. You never know with Murray. More likely that skate messed up something else. Deep thigh bruise or something. It's not common whatever it is.

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I've never heard about some being out long term from a kick in the balls. A back injury from the hit by Brandon Davidson (what most of us thought it was initially) seems like the more likely culprit.

Edit: The club is clear about it that it's a soft-tissue (not balls) injury from the kick. I was sort of right the first time:
It isn't his back, it is his groin muscle.

If he had absorbed some hit or something that wouldn't have injured most other players and been injured as a result, sure. But continuously getting hurt out of sheer bad luck doesn't make one injury prone. As Portzline said, it is like when he took a slapshot to the hand and broke it. Or when Johansen fell on him and caused a high ankle sprain. Or when he got his skate caught in the boards and popped his knee. It just means someone has had an unfortunate run of events. But there isn't anything he is doing that makes them more likely to occur to him than anyone else. And it isn't like those things shouldn't cause injury but did.

Reactions: thebus88

Johnny Jacket

Jun 17, 2014
It isn't his back, it is his groin muscle.

If he had absorbed some hit or something that wouldn't have injured most other players and been injured as a result, sure. But continuously getting hurt out of sheer bad luck doesn't make one injury prone. As Portzline said, it is like when he took a slapshot to the hand and broke it. Or when Johansen fell on him and caused a high ankle sprain. Or when he got his skate caught in the boards and popped his knee. It just means someone has had an unfortunate run of events. But there isn't anything he is doing that makes them more likely to occur to him than anyone else. And it isn't like those things shouldn't cause injury but did.

Maybe it should be renamed "Murray's Law". :dunno:
"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong".

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

I think Portzline is getting into ‘Brooksie’ territory with Torts. This is cringe worthy.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Was that your A lineup tonight?

We don't have an "A" lineup. That was the C lineup. The D lineup is the other one.

Okay, it was the A lineup, or at least closer to A than B. The team hasn't started practicing systems yet so don't judge.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Torts got nervous there.

Is it that hard to explain why you switched the assistant coaches' jobs for a game?

I don't think he's obligated if he doesn't want to, but there's also no reason to not want to answer that.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

pled

Sep 7, 2009
is harrington not lock ? and Austin doesn't need waiver he doesnt have a contract lol

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
So Torts has now decided that Shaw is coaching the forwards, and Larsen , the defenseman. Feels they will benefit from a different voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->