Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronz

Oct 21, 2013
While historically Novokuznetsk is a steelers and miners' town, it isn't considered a small one - 550k in the town itself and 1.3M in the metro area - at least by Russian standards it isn't exactly small.

But about Tarasov, he will play in Canada in just 5 days, when the CAN/RUS Series starts. Obviously those games should be televized, so you can get your own insight (not to mention that stream recordings of VHL games are always available on youtube for those, who wanna go deeper).

Thanks for the info! I will be definitely watching the series. Hopefully he starts.

Reactions: Caser

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

The athletic interviewing Elvis Merzlikins.. interesting. It’s as if they know something we don’t ;) lol

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

The athletic interviewing Elvis Merzlikins.. interesting. It’s as if they know something we don’t ;) lol

this dude is.....really colorful :)

“I know the police and they know my car,” he said. “Sometimes, when I park where I’m not supposed to they write me tickets and write on them, ‘Elvis, you can’t park here.’ ”

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
So, some news:

Marchenko won't be there at the CAN/RUS Series, he will likely play in the U20 4 Nations Tournament in Czech Republic (9th-11th of November) instead.

Tarasov is confirmed for the Series though and, judging by the final roster, you can expect him to be a full-time starter there.

Meanwhile Gavrikov is going to play for Russia NT at the Karjala Cup in Helsinki (8th-11th of November).

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
SHL is on eleven sports

games stream on their twitch channel (SHL currently on as of 2:30 and possible re-air at 7*)

*there is a reair tonight on their tv channel, not sure about twitch

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Unfortunately, every press release referring to the twitch channel uses the channel's old name of eleven sports prime, so I can't link to one referring to their current twitch channel by name as proof that it's legit.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Fix-Wolansky racks up primary assists like no other. Kid's unreal at the juniors level.. really hope it was just his height that turned teams off from him in the draft, because he seems like he's got a tremendous amount of skill.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017

No jinx no jinx...

David Ciss‏ @David_Ciss 7h7 hours ago
Russia's defence is allowing too many breakaways. Daniil Tarasov is doing a great job stopping the breakaways

Chris Peters‏Verified account @chrismpeters 7h7 hours ago
Still 1-1 after two between WHL and Russia. Daniil Tarasov (CBJ) continues to impress. He has 14 saves but it seems like almost all of them have come off of quality scoring chances. Fills the net so well and has some serious quickness between the pipes.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
My continued thanks to all all of you who continue to provide updates on our prospects. I'm not one who digs into this a lot, so your comments, videos and links give me a consolidated resource reservoir. :thumbu:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
For the life of me I can't understand why seemingly nobody outside of CBJ folk is talking about what Vehvilainen is doing in Liiga.
I understand that folks were talking about his work a lot when he was younger (there was that undercurrent of "finally!" when we drafted him), so perhaps by now it's just kind of become routine or something. :dunno:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
For the life of me I can't understand why seemingly nobody outside of CBJ folk is talking about what Vehvilainen is doing in Liiga.

I'm not trying to downplay his stats or how he's playing, because I really don't know, but he is 21 on the best team in his league, and his backups stats are similar to his. How much of it is him, and how much of it is his team? I don't know, because I haven't watched, but I am excited for his future.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Right now it seems a lot of the Finnish posters are focused on Kakko and the Helsinki NHL games. Wait until spring - that's usually when the Liiga and SHL fans pick up on the main boards (due to the draft coming up I think).

Personally I love it because I learn a lot.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Marchenko won't be there at the CAN/RUS Series, he will likely play in the U20 4 Nations Tournament in Czech Republic (9th-11th of November) instead.
Caser, where is Marchenko? He's not on Carial cup roster, not in Canada nor he's playing for Ska neva, Wth is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad