Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
The score was already 3-2 (according to the screen) and Dalpe scored goal #4 last night.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Seeing Tex get the playing time and building the excitement around his future makes me sad that Elvis is hanging out in the press box for the CBJ with his thumb up his ass when he could be getting real experience with the Monsters.

I don't know if this was Elvis' demand or the CBJ's preference but it does seem like a bit of a head shaker to me. Can anyone else explain it.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
There are OTHER ones?!! :D
From the first few prospect voting threads :laugh:
Abramov, add Stenlund.
Foudy add Stenlund
Gavrikov add Stenlund.
Elvis, add Stenlund.
And this is where it starts to get hard. Texier add Stenlund.
I truly believe Stenlund is gonna grab a bottom 6 spot sometime this season. Between injuries and unproven depth a couple of these kids have a golden opportunity to prove the are NHL ready and I think Stenlunds game will be easiest to transition into the NHL. His size, shot and on ice IQ make him a perfect breakout candidate, if he can put in some work into his skating I don't think he'll have a problem sticking. He already understands what it takes to be a center (or on the roster at all) in Columbus under Torts(yes I know the video is a year old) Forces a turnover, gets the puck to the point, initiates contact in front of the net and then sneaks back door for an easy goal. I know it's just a clip, but video of him is rare. Excited that we'll actually get to see him in action this season. I think he might take some time to adjust in Cleveland but I see him coming in and filling a role similar to Johansen in his first season or two. Bottom 6 center who can (hopefully) take some harder matchups to relieve pressure off of the top 6.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Seeing Tex get the playing time and building the excitement around his future makes me sad that Elvis is hanging out in the press box for the CBJ with his thumb up his ass when he could be getting real experience with the Monsters.

I don't know if this was Elvis' demand or the CBJ's preference but it does seem like a bit of a head shaker to me. Can anyone else explain it.

It was Elvis' demand. He didn't want to play in Cleveland. He's just here to burn a contract.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
It was Elvis' demand. He didn't want to play in Cleveland. He's just here to burn a contract.
But he's unique, an special and one of a kind!

I think if I get to Columbus, of course ... they’re gonna meet me and I’m, uh, I’m … not like normal goalie. I think I’m crazy and a little bit different than other goalies, right?

That whole interview... :eyeroll:

Hedger twitter feed, if anyone interested.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Monsters are 3-0-1 since Tex arrived and I know its only four gams but he sure is making it look easy right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->