Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I was checking in on Marchenko on the VHL website and SKA-Neva was currently playing. So I clicked through to the play by play of the game but it was in Russian. So I had Google translate the page. Check out the reason one of the guys got a two minute penalty :laugh:

75362258_1220969574758396_5469160270385381376_n.png

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I was checking in on Marchenko on the VHL website and SKA-Neva was currently playing. So I clicked through to the play by play of the game but it was in Russian. So I had Google translate the page. Check out the reason one of the guys got a two minute penalty :laugh:

I've always wondered how something like "unsportsmanlike conduct" would translate. Now I think I know. ;)

"footboard"? WTF

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012

"Hey wrong sport, footboard guy! Get in the box!"

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Ässien maalilla seisoo ujo jättiläinen, joka suututti seuransa KHL:ssä ja viestii käännösohjelman avulla

Lengthy interview of Tarasov. In Finnish, so if you use Google Translate, expect a ****show.
Thanks. Translation is tough but it gets the point across. He's learning English, gaining confidence and driven to come to the NHL. Sounds like he is expecting to be In Cleveland (AHL) next year. Columbus certainly seems to be building a nice goaltending pipeline. I suspect we'll see some movement with one or two of the young guys. They appear to be 5 deep in options on the development scale.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Tim Berni could be one heck of a 6th round pick for you guys. His Lions are leading the league by 8 points already and he's their Defender nr.3, playing almost 18mins per game. A lot in the NLA where teams ice 20 players including 7 or even 8 defenders.

Berni also scored 4 goals and 4 assists in 19 games this season. A lot for a guy known for his strong game against and not necessarily with the puck.

Reactions: thebus88

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Does anyone know what Marchenko's contract status is for next year? He needs to be in NA asap.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Don’t get your hopes up. From what I’ve read/heard, IF he comes over it won’t be for a few more years
I think the "if" "Russian Factor" is a myth. I suspect very few Russians who are good enough to be impact NHLers become KHL lifers. They want to prove they can play in the most competitive league in the world where they will play in front of the biggest crowds and likely make the most money they can.

People were concerned about Gavrikov...yet here he is.

I know the Isles are waiting on a goalie prospect and I know we had Mozyakin (though reading the AP article in TA specifically about him and his NHL situation it sounded like we never made a huge push to convince him to come over). I would love to see a list...anyone got a list of Russians between say 2005-2015 who are superstars in the KHL that simply had zero interest in making the jump.

IOW, I have almost zero concern about whether Marchenko makes the jump at some point. If he is not ready when his current KHL deal expires and he signs another two year deal...that's fine...means he likely isn't ready yet and I am willing to be patient and let him continue developing there. When he gets here...he gets here...I am pretty sure if we want him he will be coming at some point.

FWIW, the "college factor" may be a bigger deal than the "Russian factor" these days. Seems like there is one every couple of years. Heck..it was Adam Fox two years in a row!

Last edited:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I think the "if" "Russian Factor" is a myth. I suspect very few Russians who are good enough to be impact NHLers become KHL lifers. They want to prove they can play in the most competitive league in the world where they will play in front of the biggest crowds and likely make the most money they can.

People were concerned about Gavrikov...yet here he is.

I know the Isles are waiting on a goalie prospect and I know we had Mozyakin (though reading the AP article in TA specifically about him and his NHL situation it sounded like we never made a huge push to convince him to come over). I would love to see a list...anyone got a list of Russians between say 2005-2015 who are superstars in the KHL that simply had zero interest in making the jump.

IOW, I have almost zero concern about whether Marchenko makes the jump at some point. If he is not ready when his current KHL deal expires and he signs another two year deal...that's fine...means he likely isn't ready yet and I am willing to be patient and let him continue developing there. When he gets here...he gets here...I am pretty sure if we want him he will be coming at some point.

FWIW, the "college factor" may be a bigger deal than the "Russian factor" these days. Seems like there is one every couple of years. Heck..it was Adam Fox two years in a row!
Yes. A few more years means 3-4.. after his next KHL contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad