Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
No they do. A two year contract gets him here in 3 years..

Am I missing something
Your last post was not clear, I read it as 3-4 more years after this contract ends. Whatever. I doubt he’s ready for the NHL after this year so waiting one year vs two doesn’t bother me too much.

Can you link to a single legit article or interview where Marchenko says he isn’t interested in playing in the NHL or more specifically for the Blue Jackets?

I’m just tired of people assuming because a player is Russian we won’t be able to sign them. That’s a false stereotype. Bobs had a long run here. Tyutin too. Gavrikov came. There’s no reason to assume or expect he won’t come or even worse use pre-conceived ideas about what he’s thinking that have no basis in fact. He’s a 19 year old kid just developing his game. Stop bemoaning what might or might not happen.

Last edited:

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I know I'd be fine if he came over slightly older, stepped in, and started producing after a short adjustment period. I don't think Tarasenko or Kuznetsov came over until thre years after being drafted, I'm probably remembering wrong though.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
I know I'd be fine if he came over slightly older, stepped in, and started producing after a short adjustment period. I don't think Tarasenko or Kuznetsov came over until thre years after being drafted, I'm probably remembering wrong though.
You're close. Tarasenko played two full seasons and part of the lockout season in the KHL after being drafted. Kuznetsov played there three seasons and part of the lockout season after being drafted.

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Thursday, Nov 21
Foudy with 2 Gs and 4 Pts
Tyler Angle with a Goal
Eric Hjorth with 2 As (last night)

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Weekend prospect roundup anyone?
  • Foudy with 2 Gs and 4 Pts in three games this past weekend. He now has 13 Gs and 25 Pts in 17 Games this season. That's 1,47 PPG vs last year's 1.10 PPG (33% jump). His GPG has also gone from .58 GPG to .76 GPG (31% jump).
  • Hjorth has offensively gone real cold since his solid start. He is pointless in his last five games dating back to Nov 22nd.
  • Tyler Angle had just one assist in two games this weekend. He still has 14 Gs and 29 Pts in 24 Games this season His PPG is up from .76 to 1.26 and his GPG is up from .34 to .61. Doing what an over-ager should do.
  • Tarasov seems to be keeping himself in the conversation for playing time in Assat. After a fairly disastrous September he steadied the ship in October and had a decent November. Looks like he'd fit right in Columbus playing for a team that can score for crap. .910 Save Percentage and 2.34 GAA since the start of October. Those numbers would be right about middle of the pack for the league for qualifying goalies. Not bad for a 20 year old rookie.
  • Marchenko: I know he has been talked about a lot. 3 Gs and 6 Pts in last seven games with the big boys (and he plays a little later today).
On a side note, I know Liam's brother Jean-Luc is not a CBJ prospect but he is a 2020 draft prospect we should be interested in. As a 17 year old center he now has 9 Gs and 22 Pts in 23 Games. This is his second season in the OHL so he still has plenty of time to grow his game. Kinda cheering for a Foudy Brother's connection :) Two Jean-Luc's and two Foudy's on the same top line :)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Well, any hope of Marchenko making an impact soon is gone. Hopefully he'll come over after this extension runs its course and be ready to go.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Thanks for the update...interested to see how he continues developing there.

Gavrikov said it a couple of days ago in his interview with BobbyMac and Jody. Jody asked him why he came over to the NHL when he did. He said the NHL is where the best players play and you want to prove yourself against the best.

It is the rare player who can thrive in the NHL who doesn't eventually give it a shot. No guarantees but if he is good enough I am confident he will eventually be here.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I know Marchenko and Voronkov are going to be on the U20 team for Russia. Do we have any other prospects playing in the tourney?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Marchenko with hatty after 2 periods in a pre-WJC game vs Kazakhstan. The kid is so good. People usually say "he's a good skater for his size (6'2)", but Marchenko is a good skater for any size, kinda reminds me Kuznetsov.

Reactions: Doggy

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Marchenko with hatty after 2 periods in a pre-WJC game vs Kazakhstan. The kid is so good. People usually say "he's a good skater for his size (6'2)", but Marchenko is a good skater for any size, kinda reminds me Kuznetsov.
Thanks, still have never seen him play so any comments from someone who has seen him play (even on TV) is good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad