Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
What kind of future do you guys thinks Vehvilainen will have? Will he overtake both Elvis and Korpi sooner than later?

Analysts, pundits, fans, etc. are all kind of split. He maybe doesn't have the highlight reel save ability, but he's top 5 in GAA in the AHL right now. Hard to say, though. A lot of people thought Elvis would have overtaken Korpi by now. Other people think Tarasov is the best goalie in the pipeline.

I do think we will see Vehvilainen sooner rather than later - if the team fades out of playoff contention he could get some games in the spring. If Korpi keeps winning, he's going to need a break and they may give VV a spot start instead of Elvis.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Swiss-Berni 1D

Expecting this as well. This years Swiss team is very thin on defense. Rangers prospect Gross is doing very well for OHL Oshawa and Moser, just like Berni, does have a lot of NLA experience. I fully expect those three to dominate at this level and out of the three, Berni is probably the most solid so I'd definitely expect him to log big minutes in all situations...especially given the fact that the rest of the defense, barring any positive surprises, probably won't play much.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
These comments seem most aligned with Corey Pronman’s take on Foudy during the podcast with Porty and Alison.

Please tell me that he could be a playmaking forward. If we drfted another 3c with a 1st I'll scream.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Please tell me that he could be a playmaking forward. If we drfted another 3c with a 1st I'll scream.
I think he'll be a make offense for himself type goal scorer like Anderson but with better playmaking ability. He might be one of those players where he excels at higher levels where the game and players think faster however.

Reactions: thebus88 and EspenK

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Im in the camp I was with Pld when everyone said LW Foudy is.more then capable to play c just needs to be given chance.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I’m just going to use this thread for our WJC thread.

I think this is our list of confirmed prospects in the tournament:

Canada:

C. Liam Foudy

Russia:
W. Kirill Marchenko
C. Dmitri Voronkov

Switzerland:
D. Tim Berni

Marchenko has an assist so far in Russia’s first game and has played decent.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Berni indeed wearing the C. Led Switzerland in icetime (22:47) and shifts (43) against Kazakhstan. Solid game overall. Dominant both with and against the puck but didn't do too much offensively. He isn't an offensive defenseman of course but he did score 8 points already in the NLA and the competition in this tournament should be significantly weaker overall. I guess we can expect some offense coming from Berni in the next games.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Foudy has looked very meh today against USA. Maybe a better third period ahead.

He seems to be playing a checking line role with heavy PK time. I think this is probably his future with us as well.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Lafreniere looks like a future stud, by far the most impressive player on the ice.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Foudy played the role he was put into very well. His line is the energy/checking line and saw lots of icetime when the game was close. Even on big ice he gets on defensemen likes they are on small ice and causes chaos

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
What I forgot...Berni is probably gonna Captain Switzerland...didn't find official confirmation but from what I saw, he was wearing the C in all exhibition games.

Once again, Jarmo drafting for "intangibles" and "CBJ type players" and NOT skill!!!

Ok, :sarcasm:.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Foudy played the role he was put into very well. His line is the energy/checking line and saw lots of icetime when the game was close. Even on big ice he gets on defensemen likes they are on small ice and causes chaos

I really like his speed. I think I read that if his hands could ever catch up to his feet he'd be a star, but I'm not sure if he's got that offensive game.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Foudy and berni didn't play any major stand out role I guess but both russian got assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad