Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Yes they are brothers.

I've had season tickets with the Spits for almost a decade now, and Jean-Luc is one of the more exciting guys I've had the pleasure of watching. Very much like Liam; speed for days.
I extended my comment above. 4 Gs and 9 Pts in 11 Games this season. Perhaps he is shooting more and expanding his game. A kid to follow (following Angle anyway so not a heavy fit to watch him too).

Mike Morreale of NHL.com has Jean-Luc ranked #19 for next years draft.

Reactions: spitsfan24

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
I extended my comment above. 4 Gs and 9 Pts in 11 Games this season. Perhaps he is shooting more and expanding his game. A kid to follow (following Angle anyway so not a heavy fit to watch him too).

Mike Morreale of NHL.com has Jean-Luc ranked #19 for next years draft.
He's definitely shot more this year. Imo, there's no way he's not a 1st rounder this year.

Reactions: Doggy

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
About freaking time! Actually it looks like he played Oct 11 & 13 as well...so 1 Goal and 3 Pts in 3 Games since his return.
They called him back again. So he missed his VHL game last night watching SKA losing from the bench with zero minutes.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
They called him back again. So he missed his VHL game last night watching SKA losing from the bench with zero minutes.
Forget a "dislike" button, I need a "hate" button :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Serious question. According to the KHL site Marchenko played 1 shift and :49 seconds on Tuesday night.

Is there just a mistake on the KHL site and they are not recording his TOI correctly or do you think the team would really insert a player into the lineup...actually use a "playing" roster spot for a game and then not actually skate that player night after night after night?

Torts inserts Milano for 5-10 minutes a game (the last few years) and fans scream bloody murder. Could you imagine if he (or any other NHL coach) actually inserted a player into the lineup night after night and not actually played them. Who does that?

Does the KHL allow teams to pencil so many players into the lineup they could never possibly play all of them?

Help me understand.

Reactions: thebus88

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Serious question. According to the KHL site Marchenko played 1 shift and :49 seconds on Tuesday night.

Does the KHL allow teams to pencil so many players into the lineup they could never possibly play all of them?

Help me understand.
Unlike NHL, KHL allows you to dress 2 extra skaters. 1 extraD. 1 extra F. So Game lineup is 13 forwards 7 d and 2 goalies. You can dress them and not play at all. Usually it's 13F who doesn't get any minutes, 7D usually plays 5-6 minutes a night.

Reactions: thebus88

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
BTW i asked him on insta how does he feel sitting in the bench all night - so much for player develeopment and etc, He answered - "They know better."
Sounds like a very diplomatic answer.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Does anyone know when the signing window is for undrafted players? Could Jarmo sign Sokolov now? (I'm guessing not).

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Another Monday wrap up of the weekend Canadian Juniors CBJ prospects.

Angle had a goal and four assists in two games (Thursday and Sunday). That gives him 10 Gs and 19 Pts in 13 Games this season. His PPG is on pace to be almost doubled from last season going from .76 to 1.46! That's eye popping.

Hjorth had a goal and an assist in three games this weekend. He now has 4 Gs and 12 Pts in 13 Games this season. Good offensive #s for a d-man.

Foudy had a goal and four assists in three games this weekend. That's 3 Gs and 7 Pts in 5 Games since his return from injury. No warm up for this guy, he has been gangbusters coming off the injury.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Hjorth's numbers are great and his highlight reel just as impressive. I'm kicking myself for not going to see him and Sarnia play the 67s yesterday. I'll have to make up for it when London's in town. It's a shame all our OHL guys only visit here once a year.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Than Angle between the legs was very Foligno/Sonny-esque. Doing that in practice is one thing...takes a lot of cojones to do it in a game!

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
He's been...not great in Finland so far.

Have you watched all of his games or are you just saying that going by his stats?

I've seen all his games. He's not the problem. He does let in a softie far more often than I'd like. The game in the video, was tied at 59.58.

At 59.59, well...

Ässät have way, way bigger problems than Tarasov. He came to Finland to learn. Well he's f***ing learning, one way or another.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Have you watched all of his games or are you just saying that going by his stats?

I've seen all his games. He's not the problem. He does let in a softie far more often than I'd like. The game in the video, was tied at 59.58.

At 59.59, well...

Ässät have way, way bigger problems than Tarasov. He came to Finland to learn. Well he's ****ing learning, one way or another.

His stats aren't even that bad. Sure September was not good (games two and three were a statistical disaster) and this last game was not statistically great but October he is improved to be average. Excited to see how he improves in November and beyond!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

At 59.59, well...

Ässät have way, way bigger problems than Tarasov. He came to Finland to learn. Well he's ****ing learning, one way or another.

With 4 seconds left, #82 should eat the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad