Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Pronman ranks us as 21st in the NHL with our prospect pool. He also ranked Chinakhov as our 8th best prospect
Again, this is not a real "prospects" rankings. Guys like PLD, Tex, Bemmer and Foudy have graduated and are no longer "in the pipeline" (Foudy is borderline). But all are expected in Columbus whenever next season begins.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Again, this is not a real "prospects" rankings. Guys like PLD, Tex, Bemmer and Foudy have graduated and are no longer "in the pipeline" (Foudy is borderline). But all are expected in Columbus whenever next season begins.

All the players you listed are in the Organizational Rankings. Read the damn article or don't comment on it.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
All the players you listed are in the Organizational Rankings. Read the damn article or don't comment on it.
No need to get hostile. I read the "damn" article...I read the original "damn" one too. VID called it a ranking of prospect pools and I am simply saying these players (PLD, Bemmer, Tex and Foudy) are no longer "prospects".

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Some stuff on Chinakhov:

Hartley said the Blue Jackets were not among the teams that contacted him about Chinakhov, but Chinakhov was smart enough to figure out their interest.
“All of my thoughts were positive, and I was glad to be picked in the first,” Chinakhov said. “All that’s left to do is work hard and prove it was a pick made for a good reason.
“I can’t say that I was greatly surprised by Columbus’ choice, as they did show an interest in me. They were getting in touch with me before the draft, and we talked a lot. I follow many NHL teams and watch the highlights. Columbus has good forwards, especially (Pierre-Luc) Dubois and (Cam) Atkinson.”

and

“Yegor has a Joe Sakic wrist shot,” Hartley said, “and I haven’t said that too many times in my coaching career. He has a really, really good wrist shot.
“There are things he needs to work on, and we’re working on them. He’s a good skater. For a big kid (5-11, 179), he has deceptive speed, and I think he’s going to get faster. In terms of his strength … he’s a strong kid, but he can get stronger. He hasn’t reached his full physical strength yet. He has the frame of a kid that’s going to be a solid professional player."

“His dad was a player, so hockey is in his blood. He’s a really positive kid, too, very upbeat and very energetic. Guys like being around him.”

and

There were reports last week in Russia that Chinakhov had been offered a three-year contract extension in the KHL that would delay his arrival in North America until the 2024-25 season at the earliest.
But the Blue Jackets have not been able to confirm that report. Chinakhov’s agent, Shumi Babaev, said no offer has been made and that Chinakhov is “50/50” about where to play next season. Babaev suggested a decision will be made in April when the current KHL season ends.
By then, of course, the NHL’s pandemic-delayed 2020-21 season should still be ongoing.
“I think that he’s ready for the NHL,” Babaev said. “I’m 100 percent sure that he is the best young Russian player who can start to play in the NHL in April.”
Said Chinakhov: “First of all, I need to prove that I am able to play at a high level. I want to compete in the KHL for the Gagarin Cup with the Avangard team, and then I will think of further steps.”

Yegor Chinakhov is the ultimate sleeper: How winger landed with the Blue Jackets

Reactions: rotsbu and thebus88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad