Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
dano with 2g 1a in his warm up...proving how slovan is misusing him only playing him like 4 min a game...hopefully he comes to Springy after their season is over...

and I agree Palinka...Forsberg should be the backup to Jeremy Smith next year in Springfield...so we can see what the pipeline is gonna look like...b/c in a couple years, Dansk will be pushing him for a spot...

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Bjorkstrand had another goal in Denmarks 4-2 win over Slovenia.

Denmark wins division 1a with maximum points. See you in 2015 Montreal/Toronto.

Bjorkstrand ends up with 4g and 2a for 6p in 5 games.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Im glad Dano is putting up the points early, my faith in him never changed but I know some stat watchers have been worried. I still truly believe he has a legitmate chance to make more of an impact in the NHL then Rychel and thats not taking anything away from Rychel. I feel the same as others and hope to see him in the AHL after where he will get top 6 minutes in all situations.
Also is anyone watching Springfield this year? Is Weber looking like a potential NHLer at all or is he just not developing the way he was expected to?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
and I agree Palinka...Forsberg should be the backup to Jeremy Smith next year in Springfield...so we can see what the pipeline is gonna look like...b/c in a couple years, Dansk will be pushing him for a spot...

I hate to put this thought into everyone's head; but Dansk will (likely) be playing pro hockey next year as well, unless the Jackets decide it's better for him to spend his 20 year old season in Erie. So, there's a likelihood that we don't have Jeremy Smith next year, and roll with a tandem of Forsberg and Dansk in Springfield. It will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

Im glad Dano is putting up the points early, my faith in him never changed but I know some stat watchers have been worried. I still truly believe he has a legitmate chance to make more of an impact in the NHL then Rychel and thats not taking anything away from Rychel. I feel the same as others and hope to see him in the AHL after where he will get top 6 minutes in all situations.

I definitely think Dano is better than his numbers may state; which is part of the reason I'd love to see him in North America. That being said, I think Rychel is better built and plays a more NHL suited style; at least for a scorer. This is a great luxury to have, with the kind of players we picked at last year's draft.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I hate to put this thought into everyone's head; but Dansk will (likely) be playing pro hockey next year as well, unless the Jackets decide it's better for him to spend his 20 year old season in Erie. So, there's a likelihood that we don't have Jeremy Smith next year, and roll with a tandem of Forsberg and Dansk in Springfield. It will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

I definitely think Dano is better than his numbers may state; which is part of the reason I'd love to see him in North America. That being said, I think Rychel is better built and plays a more NHL suited style; at least for a scorer. This is a great luxury to have, with the kind of players we picked at last year's draft.

I agree with you on both.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

I think one of Dansk/Forsberg plays in Evansville next year.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I think one of Dansk/Forsberg plays in Evansville next year.

Forsberg isn't going to leave a starting role for Modo to play in the ECHL.

For Dansk, would playing in the ECHL be better than the OHL? I'm not sure.

There should be a veteran in Springfield and a rookie, but demoting one to the ECHL is unlikely. Unless it's Ouellette, if he's signed.

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Forsberg isn't going to leave a starting role for Modo to play in the ECHL.

For Dansk, would playing in the ECHL be better than the OHL? I'm not sure.

There should be a veteran in Springfield and a rookie, but demoting one to the ECHL is unlikely. Unless it's Ouellette, if he's signed.

Undoubtedly it would be. The ECHL is a much better league than the OHL

major major

Feb 18, 2013
There should be a veteran in Springfield and a rookie.

This seems to be the Conventional Wisdom. What's the reasoning, and is it applicable to Forsberg and Dansk? I think they'd make a fine pair in Springfield but haven't given it much thought.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm going to call this now, Forsberg will be Bobrovsky's backup next season.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Undoubtedly it would be. The ECHL is a much better league than the OHL

Maybe if you're going on the grounds that the players are older ... but I guarantee you'll find more OHL guys who are not only potential NHL players, but are also closer to the NHL, than you will ECHL players.

I agree that there's no way Forsberg makes the journey over if it's to play in Evansville. And, I have a hard time seeing one of the top prospects we've ever had in net (Dansk) sent to the ECHL. Certainly, playing for a potential Memorial Cup contender would be better for his development, in my opinion ... it's sorta similar to how Matt Calvert went and spent his 20 year old season in Brandon, rather than with our AHL affiliate. Didn't seem to hurt his development at all.

Lastly, another wildcard in this scenario is, what if Forsberg is ready for backup duty in the NHL? He will be 22 years old next year, and has been playing professional hockey against men (albeit in Sweden). Or, the team could go with a McElhinney type again.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I'm going to call this now, Forsberg will be Bobrovsky's backup next season.

To adjust to NA hockey, Forsberg needs to be playing on a regular basis and that's not going to happen as Bob's backup. It might not even happen if he's in Springfield with someone like Smith or McKenna, since the young players seem to be put in limited roles.

If he struggles, will he even see any ice time? Sedlak started the season with 4 goals, then some veterans returned from injuries and Sedlak struggled a little, and now has been a healthy scratch since 11/25. How is that for developing players?

I know Springfield is winning and that's Brad Larsen's forcus. Forwards are different than goalies and it worked with Johansen to bench him a few games. I worry what is going to happen when players like Forsberg, Zaar, Wennberg or Dano come over and have a couple bad games.

Forsberg hasn't done very well his last two starts, but neither has Modo's other goalie, Linus Ullmark. Defensively, Modo is very good (Samuel PÃ¥hlsson is the captain), so having two 20/21 year old goalies was working until December when they started having issues and both goalies were lit up. Forsberg has a lot of potential, but he's still a young goalie who needs to be developed properly. He's going to have bad games and he needs to make mistakes and learn from them.

Last edited:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
To adjust to NA hockey, Forsberg needs to be playing on a regular basis and that's not going to happen as Bob's backup. It might not even happen if he's in Springfield with someone like Smith or McKenna, since the young players seem to be put in limited roles.

If he struggles, will he even see any ice time? Sedlak started the season with 4 goals, then some veterans returned from injuries and Sedlak struggled a little, and now has been a healthy scratch since 11/25. How is that for developing players?

I know Springfield is winning and that's Brad Larsen's forcus. Forwards are different than goalies and it worked with Johansen to bench him a few games. I worry what is going to happen when players like Forsberg, Zaar, Wennberg or Dano come over and have a couple bad games.

Forsberg hasn't done very well his last two starts, but neither has Modo's other goalie, Linus Ullmark. Defensively, Modo is very good (Samuel PÃ¥hlsson is the captain), so having two 20/21 year old goalies was working until December when they started having issues and both goalies were lit up. Forsberg has a lot of potential, but he's still a young goalie who needs to be developed properly. He's going to have bad games and he needs to make mistakes and learn from them.

Everyone was concerned when Todd Richards was making Ryan Johansen a healthy scratch, and that seems to have worked out pretty well.

Really, every player develops differently; I think Sedlak will be fine in the long-term.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i thought they still had one more forward to cut...but either way, congrats to Josh and Kerby...especially since Kerby got put up on one of the PP units yesterday...

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/canada-makes-final-world-junior-roster-cuts-1.2473820

Team Canada lost to Sweden today in a WJC tuneup, by a 3-0 score. Alexander Wennberg had one assist for Sweden, a pass from behind the net to set up their second goal.

Tournament play begins on Thursday.

On a funnier note, Wennberg's Twitter address is wenniss ... I hope that's pronounced the way I see it.

Awesome game by Wennberg. Best player on the ice, the last shift in the first period and the shift where he got an assist were awesome. http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/Default.aspx?collection=181&show=211613&section=Sports

Dansk was also solid against the US.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Awesome game by Wennberg. Best player on the ice, the last shift in the first period and the shift where he got an assist were awesome. http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/Default.aspx?collection=181&show=211613&section=Sports

Dansk was also solid against the US.

Wennberg was everywhere, also the 1st to back check and a lot of the offense ran through him. Wennberg, Collberg and Karlsson were the most noticeable all night.
As for Columbus' players on Canada... Anderson played a decent game on a terrible team performance. Rychel was just terrible in every aspect. Didn't skate, didn't hit, never really back checked at all and fanned on the couple chances he had

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
CBJ Prospects ‏@CBJProspects 1m
Joonas Korpisalo begins his loan with Ilves today serving as the backup in today’s game #CBJ

Alexander Wennberg had a assist in a 5-3 win. Oscar Dansk made 30 saves in the win #CBJ #2014WJC

Josh Anderson scored a goal in a 7-2 Canada win #CBJ #2014WJC

SwedenCanada

Sep 22, 2011
Sweden
Dansk with another meh performance.

Wennberg with 2 goals and 1 assist (2+2 in 2 games).
Here's his first goal of the game vs Finland
830258491.gif

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Oliver Bjorkstrand had another goal in yesterdays Portland 4-1 win over Tri Cities.

Oliver now has 27G and 31A for 58pts and a +21 rating in 34gp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad