Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzz*

Ryan Johansen - 10 goals in 27 NHL games.
Alexander Wennberg - 10 goals in 27 SEL games.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Game Summary: http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/65699

Oliver Bjorkstrand netted his second hat trick of the season tonight (first since September 28th) in the Spokane Arena and now has 21 goals, 27 assists in just 27 games played, good enough for third in the WHL in scoring.

Bjorkstrand's first goal was a back door play that saw him fire a laser, sniping just inside of the corner where the post and crossbar meet, glove side. A beauty, as they say around the rink.

His second was on the powerplay, and for some reason I thought Taylor Leier scored it, but indeed it was Oliver. I think I had turned away from the play briefly (corralling two kids); which is why I was confused on it. Perhaps the game recap will jog my memory - but it's been a long day and I truly don't remember :laugh:. His third goal was on the empty net, kept the puck in at the blueline and fired it into the net.

Really, other than his goals, he wasn't a standout player for the Hawks tonight and I wouldn't have considered him in my top 3-or-4 forwards for the game. He was very opportunistic, especially on his first goal ... that shot was really something to behold. My thoughts on him are still the same - I want to see him be more assertive and consistent in his play; especially when it comes to backchecking and playing two-way hockey. There was one occasion where he took a cross-check to the side of the head from Chiefs defender Cole Wedman - who checks in at 6'3" - and he fired back at him after the whistle ... so, he can mix it up when need be.

With his hands, vision, and shot, there is a lot to be excited about with this kid.

Thanks

Misfire Puck

May 6, 2010
Finland
Mark Edwards ‏@MarkEdwardsHP 3m
Hearing Rychel and Koekoek to Guelph but can't confirm. #TweetsFromDisney #RideLineup

Tony Saxon ‏@SaxonOnTheStorm 2m
Partially confirmed: Brody Milne and boat load of draft picks to Windsor for Rychel and Koekkoek.

Rychel traded to Guelph apparently. Can not be bad experience to take good run for Memorial Cup.

Last edited:

Misfire Puck

May 6, 2010
Finland
And some people still think he's better than Murray...

People just love his playing style and hope him to become Pronger 2.0. Sadly in most cases these players end up having all the tools but no toolbox. Like Bogosian and Gudbranson (granted they are still very young and can develop).

Funny thing is that IMO right handed version of Nurse would be perfect partner for Murray.

Just my 2 cents.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Bjorkstrand had another 3pts yesterday. 2g 1a in Portlands comeback win over Saskatoon (6-5)

Bjorkstrand now has 51 pts in 28 games, enough for a shared 3rd in the W.

bizzz*

Bjorkstrand had another 3pts yesterday. 2g 1a in Portlands comeback win over Saskatoon (6-5)

Bjorkstrand now has 51 pts in 28 games, enough for a shared 3rd in the W.

He also leads the WHL in shorthanded points with 5 and shorthanded goals (3).

Murray is overrated hot garbage. Nurse is built for the NHL. Maybe not so much for international competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He also leads the WHL in shorthanded points with 5 and shorthanded goals (3).

Murray is overrated hot garbage. Nurse is built for the NHL. Maybe not so much for international competition.
Yeah but if he can't think the game consistently on a NHL level then it's a moot point. Not saying he can't or won't. But that's why Murray was taken 2nd overall. From day one he could have come in and most likely have made the squad opening night and played at the level he's playing now. And I wouldn't call Murray overrated, I hope you're missing the :sarcasm: cause he's not even on most NHL fans radar. And hopefully as the team grows so does he.

bizzz*

Yeah but if he can't think the game consistently on a NHL level then it's a moot point. Not saying he can't or won't. But that's why Murray was taken 2nd overall. From day one he could have come in and most likely have made the squad opening night and played at the level he's playing now. And I wouldn't call Murray overrated, I hope you're missing the :sarcasm: cause he's not even on most NHL fans radar. And hopefully as the team grows so does he.

I was not serious speaking of Murray and Nurse. Every single word is missing the :sarcasm:.
I would have never called Murray a "hot garbage" - that's what they're saying in Edmonton and I just found it laughable.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

People just love his playing style and hope him to become Pronger 2.0. Sadly in most cases these players end up having all the tools but no toolbox.

Bingo.

It's the reason the Islanders offered 7 draft picks to move up 2 spots. Griffin Reinhart is bigger, stronger, shoots harder, hits harder, and has more intangibles. But, will he be as good as Ryan Murray in the NHL? Not likely.

bizzz*

Anyone remembers that guy the Jackets drafted a couple years ago in a late round?

He had a great week-end.
4 goals in 2 games against Wisconsin Badgers, 2 of them were game-winners and he currently leads the Gophers in goal scoring with 7 in 14 games. Mike Reilly is tied for 2nd with 6 goals.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Anyone remembers that guy the Jackets drafted a couple years ago in a late round?

He had a great week-end.
4 goals in 2 games against Wisconsin Badgers, 2 of them were game-winners and he currently leads the Gophers in goal scoring with 7 in 14 games. Mike Reilly is tied for 2nd with 6 goals.

Good to hear ... thanks for sharing, though, I could do without the antics after the goal. :help: I realize it's a big goal, but act like you've been there before!

The important thing for Seth is to remain humble and keep true to hard work and wanting to develop as a hockey player. He's clearly a passionate guy that wants to be a goal scorer in the NHL; but he will have to prove that he can play the all around game and is willing to do whatever it takes to compete and win, if he's going to be successful and make it this far. Great to see that he's headed in a strong direction; hopefully he keeps it up and proves the scouts that passed him over wrong.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Good to hear ... thanks for sharing, though, I could do without the antics after the goal. :help: I realize it's a big goal, but act like you've been there before!

The important thing for Seth is to remain humble and keep true to hard work and wanting to develop as a hockey player. He's clearly a passionate guy that wants to be a goal scorer in the NHL; but he will have to prove that he can play the all around game and is willing to do whatever it takes to compete and win, if he's going to be successful and make it this far. Great to see that he's headed in a strong direction; hopefully he keeps it up and proves the scouts that passed him over wrong.

Aw c'mon! I don't get this. That could be the biggest goal he ever scores, act like it.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Seth Ambroz, as one blogger posted, our next Rick Nash...lol...the goal was against probably their biggest rival in one of the first ever big ten games...a lot of emotion in that one...i'm ok with it

bizzz*

Seth Ambroz, as one blogger posted, our next Rick Nash...lol...the goal was against probably their biggest rival in one of the first ever big ten games...a lot of emotion in that one...i'm ok with it

Well, he can score those tricky goals between his legs too, just like Nash :) :

And I'm also OK with that celebration since that was a big goal for the 20 year old guy and his team. In 93 career games, he scored 21 goals, but in this season's first 14 games, he has totaled seven. He wasn't there before too often, if ever.

What his coach Don Lucia says: "He's not pretty coming down the rink, but he is heavy on pucks and he scored like you would expect him to score this weekend.
Ambroz improved his skating ability over the summer and has been playing a lot of minutes with the power-play and penalty-kill units.
He is just an honest, hardworking guy and he is going to score some goals by getting around the net and blue paint of the crease".

The Jackets might get something out of him, even though most people (myself as well) wrote him out.

BTW all the Gophers highlights including Reilly and Ambroz plays are on this channel:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrpnm0yaM7gb54NC8Hck0XxMStG_q_OYD

Last edited by a moderator:

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010

Rivalry games don't matter. That kind of emotional outburst is embarrassing. He should be suspended for at least one game. :sarcasm:

EDIT: I also love the ref's "real karate chop action" on the goal signal!

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Windsor Spitfires ‏@SpitsHockey 6m

The Spitfires have traded winger @krychs & @nebert22 to @Storm_City in exchange for Brody Milne and 8 draft picks. Full story to follow.

Trade now official

natephil

Feb 13, 2010
Hey guys, I am a leaf fan coming in peace just to give you the news that the Rychel trade from Windsor to Guelph is official. Heres a tweet.

SpitsHockey: The Spitfires have traded winger @krychs & @nebert22 to @Storm_City in exchange for Brody Milne and 8 draft picks. Full story to follow.

natephil

Feb 13, 2010
Windsor Spitfires ‏@SpitsHockey 6m

The Spitfires have traded winger @krychs & @nebert22 to @Storm_City in exchange for Brody Milne and 8 draft picks. Full story to follow.

Trade now official

you're quick haha. As a leaf fan, I follow Guelph pretty close with Matt Finn playing there and I really like the addition this will give an already solid Guelph lineup. Should be one of the top teams contending to make the memorial cup from the OHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad