All-Time (Slovak) World Junior Championship Scoring:

Richard Panik: 15 goals 7 assists, 22 pts
Zigmund Palffy: 10 goals 7 assists, 17 pts
Tomas Tatar: 10 goals 6 assists, 16 pts
Marko Dano: 7 goals 8 assists, 15 pts
Marian Hossa: 9 goals 5 assists, 14 pts
Tomas Kopecky: 5 goals 9 assists, 14 pts

Main board logic (clearly not intended to make sense or be serious):

Dano will be better than Hossa, but clearly worse than Richard Panik, who is OBVIOUSLY the best Slovak player of all time.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Really wish we could get Dano out of Bratislava and onto Springfield or another team that would play him.

plong123

Litebrite Stinger
Mar 3, 2008

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I'm an Insider, and the answer is Nope. They even list an extra honorable mention 12, but we're not there. Item of note: Washington has 3 of the top 19

Surprising. Figured Erixon or Rychel would be in there. I know he doesn't rate goalies so he didn't put Dansk i nthere

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Surprising. Figured Erixon or Rychel would be in there. I know he doesn't rate goalies so he didn't put Dansk i nthere

Key phrase: not in the NHL. Erixon has plenty of NHL experience and is, technically, an NHL player.

I don't put too much merit in lists like this, other than bragging rights, I don't think it means a whole lot. Each and every single player on that list will grow and develop at a different pace ... one thing that I always find fun is going back 5 years from now and looking at the list. Sometimes, they are spot on ... other times, it's worthy of a good laugh.

bizzz*

What's going on with Dano? He hasn't played a game for Slovan after the WJC.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Jas can't get any info on why out of his sources over there on it...seems everyone is confused by Dano's sitting...

bizzz*

Well, at least Wennberg scored a game-winner with 2 seconds to play in regulation in his 1st game after the Worlds. Frolunda won 2:1. Nice read on the play, combination starts at 1:17 :

K19*

Thoughts on Rychel? Might trade for him in a dynasty league. A future 2nd liner or bottom 6er?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I think there's a stretch chance that he could be a top line forward, but the realistic expectation would be a middle-6 guy that can play on the powerplay.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Once again a swing and a miss at the draft. At least Wennberg is looking like a legit NHL player. I had high hopes for Rychel due to his scoring totals, which lessened the blow when we didn't draft Mantha :)help:). Dano I still have no idea about, however it looks like we missed on any elite guys once again. Hopefully the guys at least develop into NHL players.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Once again a swing and a miss at the draft. At least Wennberg is looking like a legit NHL player. I had high hopes for Rychel due to his scoring totals, which lessened the blow when we didn't draft Mantha :)help:). Dano I still have no idea about, however it looks like we missed on any elite guys once again. Hopefully the guys at least develop into NHL players.

:facepalm:

major major

Feb 18, 2013

This is facepalm because its premature. You don't know what will happen. Though I share the apprehension about Rychel. On my draft list I had Mantha in the top 10 and Rychel somewhere in the 20's, and Rychel hasn't done anything this year to justify being taken ahead of Mantha. But it's barely half a year from the draft.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Far too early to panic over Kerby Rychel. Very well known prior to the draft that he's a project type of pick, and I think he's following his development path just about where the Jackets hoped/figured.

Whereas Wennberg may be able to play in the NHL next year, Rychel is at least another year or two from being an impact player for us. He'll play in the AHL next year, and will probably put a lot of worries to rest because he can score goals. But, be aware that it will take time with this player ... we may reap benefits at some point, but it won't be next year.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
What the hell did he do to cause all this outbreak of concern? His stats look fine and I highly doubt we have a ton of experts here who watch Guelph play night in and night out.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
his play against the "elite" of his age group is my cause for concern...he was put on every line and fell flat in each...not ready to label a bust, but I think having some concern is fair...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad