Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Max Domi signs extension (2 years, $5.3M AAV)

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Yeah but why was he shipped out for the return he was? Couldn't the habs pay him that much money to be a 3rd line center/winger?
Because in 2 yrs we lose him for nothing. Now if we get a longer deal at a fair price for Anderson this may end up being very good for the Habs. Now to see what Anderson gets and for how long

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
2 years is the weird part 1 3 4 I get but 2 into free agency?

Domi betting on himself. Good for him.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Really?
If that happens it means you gave away Anderson for a 3rd.

The only reason Anderson was traded is because Jarmo wouldn't meet Anderson's contract requirements, especially with the injury risk. So a 3rd and 2 years of Domi in exchange is good asset management, yes.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
The only reason Anderson was traded is because Jarmo wouldn't meet Anderson's contract requirements, especially with the injury risk. So a 3rd and 2 years of Domi in exchange is good asset management, yes.
Depending on what Anderson signs for in Montreal it could end up being great asset management by M.B.
Now It seems the reason we traded Domi was his contract requirements.

Also what were Anderson's contract requirements?
I've never heard of any.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Really?
If that happens it means you gave away Anderson for a 3rd.

Hey bro, you must've missed the 19-20 season where CBJ traded a player who had 4 points, 1 goal and 3 assists for a 3rd round pick.

That alone isn't a bad deal.

Thanks bro

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Good deal for CBJ.

If Domi succeeds and score 70 points they can try sign him or trade him.

If he fails and score 40 points they avoided bad contract and still can trade him for some value at the deadline.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

koivu2k1

Oct 1, 2017
Ouch, so that means in 2 years Domi leaves to Toronto, loved the trade yesterday and I love it even more now! Hope habs can lock up Anderson longterm.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

So is he just blowing smoke Bergevin's way? Cause he's about to get anywhere from 3 to 6 years, Chiarot to Petry range on our cap structure. He told our media he's ready to play his style again.

As for TSN;

"My shoulder is 100 per cent stable. I've spoken to a lot of guys who had torn labrums in the past, and they've said that shoulder feels stronger than the other one."

Anderson added he thinks he would have been ready to play in the second round of the playoffs had the Blue Jackets advanced.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Hey bro, you must've missed the 19-20 season where CBJ traded a player who had 4 points, 1 goal and 3 assists for a 3rd round pick.

That alone isn't a bad deal.

Thanks bro

You mean this guy.
No problem bro.;)

Last edited:

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
So you guys would rather have him for 4-8 years for 6-7 mil and see him potentially score only ~50 points per year?
I think this is a good deal and one I would have done as a GM as well.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003

Yep, for better or worse, Jarmo and team Anderson are clearly at odds and have been for a year or two now. I highly doubt Anderson would have made it two more years in Columbus given that.

So minimum 2 years of Domi feels perfectly fine to me.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Yeah but why was he shipped out for the return he was? Couldn't the habs pay him that much money to be a 3rd line center/winger?
Because max was only staying two years.. at 6-7 million he wanted..

Columbus knows that Asks for a third which they were probably asking for a second and trades Anderson For him hoping they find a long term deal after two years or if he walks at least they got a third out of it..

It’s actually a good trade if Anderson stays healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad