Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Max Domi signs extension (2 years, $5.3M AAV)

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
A prove it bridge deal could work out very well for Domi & CBJ depending on their future contract situation

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
That was such a nice deal for Columbus
Grigorenko in the back pocket to take the vacant wonger spot

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
good deal for him, he's gonna be given lost of offensive opportunity he wasn't going to get in montreal. and it takes him straight to ufa.

i like domi, but he has his warts and everyone knows what they are. he was shipped out of montreal because habs don't want to pay that much money for a 3/4 line center/winger that's not strong defensively.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
If Domi was angling for this kind of deal all along, the trade makes so much more sense from a Montreal POV. Not so much the AAV, but the term.

I think he finds a home long term in Columbus though, seems like a good fit there.

I think CLB are happy with this deal as well. They want to know what type of player Domi is before committing long term.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
HAHAHAHA
I knew something in this trade was fishy.
Montreal could come out on top in this trade depending on what Anderson signs for and if Domi ends up leaving in 2 years to UFA.
Really funny to see everyone jump down Bergevin's throat for a terrible trade. Clearly Max was adamant on 2 years.
Good for him, he deserves it.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
good deal for him, he's gonna be given lost of offensive opportunity he wasn't going to get in montreal. and it takes him straight to ufa.

i like domi, but he has his warts and everyone knows what they are. he was shipped out of montreal because habs don't want to pay that much money for a 3/4 line center/winger that's not strong defensively.

anyway i loved max, good luck buddy
that's why he was shipped out for the return he was. habs can't pay him that much money to be 3/4 line center/winger

that's why he was shipped out for the return he was. habs can't pay him that much money to be 3/4 line center/winger

Yeah but why was he shipped out for the return he was? Couldn't the habs pay him that much money to be a 3rd line center/winger?

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Doesn't seem too bad to me. Maybe the AAV could be a hair lower but yeah. Buys CBJ some time for some of their overpaid/deadweight contracts to come off the books, and imo a long term deal to Max would be an unnecessary risk when you don't really know what you have (or how he fits in Torts system, a very real concern)

Reactions: Toe Pick

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Makes sense for both sides: essentially a two year rental at 2C for Anderson. Columbus doesn’t worry about center depth for a couple seasons and develops players; Domi bets on himself.

Puts Anderson’s value as a late first I think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad