Player Discussion Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) #37 - Part III

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Its encouraging to see that his production has finally picked up. I'm very curious if it continues or if this is simply a short term thing.
Agreed. But it’s even more encouraging that he looks great (ignoring the production). It’s not like he is invisible but have a point stretch, which would give me more hesitancy.

hope he keeps it up. Mitts turning into a 50 point involved top 6 player would be really nice.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Its encouraging to see that his production has finally picked up. I'm very curious if it continues or if this is simply a short term thing.
I’m happy to see he’s playing this well as a center. A top 6 one at that. Whether that’s where he fits long term is hard to say. Need to see roster going into next year. But he’s giving hope he can be a key piece wherever they put him.

Last edited:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

He’s engaging in puck battles and winning them sometimes. Not playing hot potato with the puck because he knows he has a chance of hanging on to it when challenged. Those things alone are making a huge difference.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Ehhhh... I'm not sold on anything with him yet. He still looks small and slow to me. Watching him change directions is painful.
I don't know if we're watching the same player. Last year I said he looked completely out of shape. He doesn't look like that at all anymore. Good on him for putting the hard work in.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
He’s engaging in puck battles and winning them sometimes. Not playing hot potato with the puck because he knows he has a chance of hanging on to it when challenged. Those things alone are making a huge difference.

This is my sentiment, he still has a long way to go to be a productive every day player for me personally, but if he continues to push like this, we might have a player in there.

Reactions: Dex

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Great post. I think the same. At his WJC best, Mittelstadt was engaged, won some battles, and ragged the puck all over the ice. That's what we are seeing now.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Great post. I think the same. At his WJC best, Mittelstadt was engaged, won some battles, and ragged the puck all over the ice. That's what we are seeing now.

I think that's what Granato meant when he said guys "want the puck" now. Sounds pretty simplistic and meaningless, but guys were simply afraid to lose the puck more than they wanted to have it. The whole team kind of had a bad case of that, probably a result of the way they were being coached.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
This “new” young core looks like it has no interest in the losing environment and actually turning this ship around. I’m looking at Dahlin, Mitts, Cozens, Bryson. Others as well can be added like Asplund, Joker and Tage if you really want to add him.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Good. The crow has been taken out of the refrigerator and is starting to be prepared but has a long ways to go before the final product hits my plate and I dig in.

It does look promising though.

Reactions: JLewyB

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I think between his AHL time and the opportunity to impress a new coach who is giving him a shot, Casey is playing with some desperation, something most players on this team in the last 10 years haven't been able to tap into. He's aggressive on the forecheck and using his creativity offensively, which is now encouraged.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
This “new” young core looks like it has no interest in the losing environment and actually turning this ship around. I’m looking at Dahlin, Mitts, Cozens, Bryson. Others as well can be added like Asplund, Joker and Tage if you really want to add him.
Yes I really want to add Asplund,Tage and Joker because they have been terrific

Hashbrown77

Apr 25, 2017
Agreed.....the important part IMO is to dump the old guard, Risto, Girgs, Okposo, McCabe ASAP. I know some people think there is still value to some of those guys but if their presence negatively affects the younger guys ( I.E. losing culture ) they gotta go. :)

Reactions: Dirty Dog

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Islanders fan here. Nice to see Buffalo doing well as of late. Always been a fan of Casey's and happy to see him on a nice little tear the last five or six games. Cheers.

Oh yeah, could you trade us Hall for a 2nd and Bellows? Kthxbai.
No because I'd like you to succeed in the playoffs. Hall is trash, he held the team back along with Staal and Krueger.

Mittelstadt and co evolving is thanks to Hall's favourite coach leaving along with some dead weight (Hall, Staal) on the roster.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
No because I'd like you to succeed in the playoffs. Hall is trash, he held the team back along with Staal and Krueger.

Mittelstadt and co evolving is thanks to Hall's favourite coach leaving along with some dead weight (Hall, Staal) on the roster.

hall doesn’t suck. He was clearly disengaged and had given up on the team

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Islanders fan here. Nice to see Buffalo doing well as of late. Always been a fan of Casey's and happy to see him on a nice little tear the last five or six games. Cheers.

Oh yeah, could you trade us Hall for a 2nd and Bellows? Kthxbai.
Sure, just send over the paperwork asap.
Don't think about it or talk to people. Just do it. Now.

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
Great to see Mitts and Tage on the 2nd line and doing well. When Eichel comes back I expect Olaffson to get bumped to the bottom 6, where he belongs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad