Carlyle Fired

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Despite the cup, Carlyle's legacy will be one of the worst head coaches in league history. What a relic.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Carlyle being fired was an obvious decision what is more interesting is seeing Murray coach.

The only possible reason I can imagine Murray would do this is that he wants to be hands on in the dressing room to assess which pieces to keep and which to ship off this off season as they rebuild /retool

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Everyone saw this coming a mile away. Be interesting how the team responds, not like they can play any worse right now.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Seems to be a theme with these things.. Hawks, Oilers, Sabres.. All blamed coaching and found out they just weren't as good as the fans thought they were. I suspect the same for the Ducks. Lots of flaws on that aging roster
There was no reason for the team to be as bad as it was. Aged and flawed roster as it was.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Shoulda kept him around until the end of the season. With how bad the west is this year, there's the chance there will be more teams fighting for last place than a wild card spot.

BiggBird

Dec 30, 2018
Lazy narrative. The D and goalie are young. There are plenty of good young wingers. Too much talent for a full rebuild.
Really they have lost 19 games out of the past 21. When your top paid players are 30+ years old I think its time to think about rebuilding. Get something for your players while they have value rather then getting stuck chasing for the 8th seed.

BiggBird

Dec 30, 2018
Re-tool, absolutely. I would like to see what some of these players can do under a different coach before going into full rebuild. Montour, Kase, and Ritchie for example have spent their entire NHL careers playing under Carlyle.
I guess with the contracts some of those vets have it would be hard to complete a full on rebuild. Re-tool would be the beat case imo.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I can’t think of a more fitting punishment than a GM having to coach the lottery team they constructed.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Whom ever hires JQ is going to have to do two fold, pay him up to or more than Chicago is, and at least a similar remaining term. Otherwise he is leaving money on the table still being paid by Chicago.
Doesn't he get paid by Chicago regardless?

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
tenor.gif

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
I can’t help but picture Murray standing behind the bench with a Bluetooth in his ear mid game responding to a call and asking the GM on the line to hold while he yells at a referee for a bad call.

If I was a GM then I'd be watching the Ducks' games just so I could call BM at that point in time & screw with him...

/probably near the top of the long list as to why I'll never be a NHL GM

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Really bad move.

They were on their way to win the tank

Now just another team missing the playoff

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Really they have lost 19 games out of the past 21. When your top paid players are 30+ years old I think its time to think about rebuilding. Get something for your players while they have value rather then getting stuck chasing for the 8th seed.
Top paid players are not tradable. And Murray gave them all NMC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad