Carlyle Fired

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Unfortunate for Carlyle because he isn't the root cause, but man that is a bonehead move by Murray. All he has to do is sign one of many stopgap coaches for the year. Unless ownership told him "you go down there and fix it yourself or you're fired" then I see no reason for him to pretend he can run the bench. As much as WD pisses everyone in LA off, having him behind the bench is far better than Blake up and saying "I'll run this shit!" and tanking things.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Randy is a heck of a lot better coach than that roster deserves. The Murry should have been the one let go, but alas he will be the intrem coach so he can be fired sooner rather than later.
I keep seeing claims like this and I really hate the cliche but I can really only assume anyone saying this hasn't been watching the team play at all.

Yes the roster is poor relative to past years but not so poor to be putting up historically bad stats.

Yeah guys make sure you use grammar correctly or some random Schlub on the internet will shame you.
Is it weird that I read this in Idubbbz' voice?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I don't think he's a bad coach, but this move basically had to be made.
Murray as coach should be interesting.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I keep seeing claims like this and I really hate the cliche but I can really only assume anyone saying this hasn't been watching the team play at all.

Yes the roster is poor relative to past years but not so poor to be putting up historically bad stats.

Is it weird that I read this in Idubbbz' voice?

I take that as a compliment haha

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Unfortunate for Carlyle because he isn't the root cause, but man that is a bonehead move by Murray. All he has to do is sign one of many stopgap coaches for the year. Unless ownership told him "you go down there and fix it yourself or you're fired" then I see no reason for him to pretend he can run the bench. As much as WD pisses everyone in LA off, having him behind the bench is far better than Blake up and saying "I'll run this ****!" and tanking things.

I think that's probably what happened. He probably is hoping just being a different communicator will spark a change instead of riding out Carlyle for the end of the season. He picked a great time to step in though, literally can only go up. They're in the mix still, I actually think they can turn it around.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
He's going to coach because he is fully aware this season is lost and wants to keep it that way, not hire some interim coach desperate to prove he has what it takes to remain a coach at this level.

He makes sure the tank for Hughes and Kappo is still on while getting a close look at who are the biggest problems he needs to deal with and not throwing Eakins to the wolves and letting him continue to work with their Anaheim's young players before hiring him in the offseason to a better situation for success.

Deegee

Oct 29, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I wish nothing, but terrible things on that franchise with the type of players they have targeted over the years. Kesler, Bieksa, Perry, etc...

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oilers suck the last couple months probably makes McLellan's resume look very attractive.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Really they have lost 19 games out of the past 21. When your top paid players are 30+ years old I think its time to think about rebuilding. Get something for your players while they have value rather then getting stuck chasing for the 8th seed.
The problem is you can’t get rid of the “aging” players.
Getz, Perry, Kesler, and Eaves all have contracts that can’t be moved or nobody wants. Our ownership will not want to buy out anyone most likely, so our moveable assets are the same ones you build around.

Silfv should be trade bait unless he gives Anaheim a sweetheart deal.
Fowler could be moved. We have puck movers, and some decent prospects, but nobody has shown to do what Cam can do YET.
Henriques deal is going to be interesting. He’s not producing right now in a bad situation, but I wouldn’t question his effort when I watch. He’s high IQ and responsible while having a semi questionable contract. If someone wanted him for a competitive team I’d have no problem moving him, but he will be useful should he stay.
Manson is valuable, and if we retool he’ll be older, but we can’t replace him from within, and obviously the interest in him shows it’s not easy to find guys like him.

While I don’t think ANYONE is above being shopped, our big money guys are an albatross unless Getz can stay healthy and perrys surgery and recovery allows him to at least be solid veteran 2nd liners if we can find good center prospects to go with our pretty solid young depth guys

SlickShot

Feb 8, 2019
Too little too late. It was bound to happen. Is Carlyle done coaching in the NHL? Time will tell. I think a team will eventually hire him. Murray will finish off the season behind the bench and than if they follow through with their plans Eakins should be coaching them next season.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Saw them live vs the Senators and they are horrific. He's a dinosaur but what was he supposed to do with that lineup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad