Player Discussion Carey Price: Longest Tenured Hab

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Im not sure whats more biased though, some one who denys any wrong doing of a goalie that gets lit up 5 times a night or some one who's objectively pointing out his flaws with some content.

I'll wait for your answer.

What are you talking about? I openly critique Price all the time. Your trying to lump me into the same spectrum your in except the opposite end. The Habs could trade Price tomorrow, and although I’d be upset we never were able to utilize him, I’d be happy because it’s best for our team. Your analyse on the position is awful and led by an agenda. You used still frames last night attacking Price for getting out to the top of the crease and the shots you used showed Gallagher completely out to lunch which is why he had to swim 15 feet to recover. No goaltender is anticipating a puck like that not only getting threw that many bodies, but to a player who absolutely should be covered standing there uncontested.

I have no problem with you giving your thoughts on plays like that, but you better be willing to throw just as much crow at the team around him when they’re making crippling mistakes like they have been. A lot of the “wide open nets” you keep referring too are blown assignments in the slot or weak side that amateurs could literally break up. He has his own job to focus on and if he has to worry about 3 or 4 different players messing up at anytime, he’s going to fail. He hasn’t been bad the last 4 games. He’s stolen 5 point for this team in that span and nothing was saving them last night.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
What are you talking about? I openly critique Price all the time. Your trying to lump me into the same spectrum your in except the opposite end. The Habs could trade Price tomorrow, and although I’d be upset we never were able to utilize him, I’d be happy because it’s best for our team. Your analyse on the position is awful and led by an agenda. You used still frames last night attacking Price for getting out to the top of the crease and the shots you used showed Gallagher completely out to lunch which is why he had to swim 15 feet to recover. No goaltender is anticipating a puck like that not only getting threw that many bodies, but to a player who absolutely should be covered standing there uncontested.

I have no problem with you giving your thoughts on plays like that, but you better be willing to throw just as much crow at the team around him when they’re making crippling mistakes like they have been. A lot of the “wide open nets” you keep referring too are blown assignments in the slot or weak side that amateurs could literally break up. He has his own job to focus on and if he has to worry about 3 or 4 different players messing up at anytime, he’s going to fail. He hasn’t been bad the last 4 games. He’s stolen 5 point for this team in that span and nothing was saving them last night.

So its either he’s stealing games or they don’t know how to defend.

Allow me to question your objectivness here, i hope you dont mind.

Hockey is complex, theres so many factors that can dictate how players will react to certain types of situations.

When you’re constanly playing with the pressure that you cant f*** up because the goalie in the back will not save you, it will affect the aay you play in a negative way.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
So its either he’s stealing games or they don’t know how to defend.

Allow me to question your objectivness here, i hope you dont mind.

Hockey is complex, theres so many factors that can dictate how players will react to certain types of situations.

When you’re constanly playing with the pressure that you cant **** up because the goalie in the back will not save you, it will affect the aay you play in a negative way.

He has had to steal games. He stole us points like I said in the last week or so. Here’s the thing. I was never in that garbage group that said Price could turn a lottery team into a first place team. That was always a ridiculous sentiment that went to far. Best goalie in the world? He was. But the title “best goalie in the world” sounds incredibly dramatized as it makes him sound like a superhero who could save the day anytime, anywhere.

Here’s the thing you can’t grasp, you’re making it out like this piss poor defensive group is playing on their feet because of him. I have no idea where you’re getting that other then bias. How is any reader suppose to interpret that? It’s the complete opposite. He’s getting shelled every single game regardless of his play because of them, not vise versa. Having a a very good game and looking at 4-5 goals behind you isn’t a fun experience. He’s looked good outside of less then a handful of games, not as good as he was mid/late 20’s, but still good. Everyone agrees the contract was a joke. It’s not really even a debate. But you never have or never will judge him with a clear head because you despise him for reasons we both know. Price is not the problem right now regardless of how many times you try to put this train wreck on his back.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
He has had to steal games. He stole us points like I said in the last week or so. Here’s the thing. I was never in that garbage group that said Price could turn a lottery team into a first place team. That was always a ridiculous sentiment that went to far. Best goalie in the world? He was. But the title “best goalie in the world” sounds incredibly dramatized as it makes him sound like a superhero who could save the day anytime, anywhere.

Here’s the thing you can’t grasp, you’re making it out like this piss poor defensive group is playing on their feet because of him. I have no idea where you’re getting that other then bias. How is any reader suppose to interpret that? It’s the complete opposite. He’s getting shelled every single game regardless of his play because of them, not vise versa. Having a a very good game and looking at 4-5 goals behind you isn’t a fun experience. He’s looked good outside of less then a handful of games, not as good as he was mid/late 20’s, but still good. Everyone agrees the contract was a joke. It’s not really even a debate. But you never have or never will judge him with a clear head because you despise him for reasons we both know. Price is not the problem right now regardless of how many times you try to put this train wreck on his back.

I have stated many times before the D is horrible.

Its definitly not just on him and I'v never implied it was.

but top 36 in gaa and top 34 in sv%

People had things to say againts Subban when he was at the top. You better expect people to trash a goalie who's doing horribly. And I have zero problems with Price, I think hes a cool dude to hang out with but he's not playing well, at all.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I have stated many times before the D is horrible.

Its definitly not just on him and I'v never implied it was.

but top 36 in gaa and top 34 in sv%

People had things to say againts Subban when he was at the top. You better expect people to trash a goalie who's doing horribly. And I have zero problems with Price, I think hes a cool dude to hang out with but he's not playing well, at all.

I can just imagine us sitting in a locker room and you bringing up where my stats were when I knew my team was feeding me to the wolves. :laugh: I’d probably cold cock you. And that’s a joke. (Kind of) Where he ranks statsically has to become irrelevant, if not to certain fans then himself. I’m not inside the mind of Carey Price, so I can’t tell you what he’s thinking. But if I looked at the putrid stats he’s had over 2 seasons from my standpoint and knew I had little chance of changing anything, my motivation to play would be gone. He’s a $10.5 meatshield for this team. Atleast he’s being compensated for it.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
A lot of it is the attention to detail that is lacking this season. For example, on the first goal, 14-15 Price would have read the deflection and center shifted from his stance into a butterfly block instead of dropping into this wide butterfly with a large gap on his blocker side. On the second one you would never have seen him not hug the post properly so he could cut the pass or if the pass got through he could make shift and make a butterfly save while being square to the shot.

Good post

Same here, on that first goal the shot was going on his blocker side and when the deflection happen he was still close to the post on the opposite side, like he was not able to track the puck

He did made some really good save during that game anyway, and he was very good in the prevous 2, let's hope he's on the right path

Oh.....and before anyone accuse me of being a Price hater......i'm a big fan of CP and only hope the best for him, and he was not the reason we lost yesterday......we just played like crap

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs in their own end, are awful, mostly because of an AHL D squad put togedder by MB, but the forwards don't seem to be helping the D much at all............the Habs give up way too many Grade A scoring chances, and no goalie is going to be able to cover this night after night.

CJ has to get the 5 guys on the ice, playing as a unit, better than they have.

The D must improve, and quickly. Weber will help big time...will it be enough?

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I like price the last 3-4 games compared to the first 7-8 of the season and he made some incredible saves just the Defense infront are playing like AHL D! Weber is coming back but just him alone can't do everything, so as a captain I hope he encourages or helps out the d, and stay dicsiplined!

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I would say Price is done in Montreal, or the Price of old is done. Goalies generally don't last long in MOntreal before the pressure gets to them. Patrick Roy at 30 was screaming to get out of here. And that was Patrick freaking Roy! Ken Dryden retired at 32. But his last season here wasn't the usual Dryden. His play reminded me of Dryden the season he came back after taking a year off to finish his law degree. Very average goalie. After that his play returned to more norm. Same with Plante, he was traded early to Rangers. Retired then came back a few years later with the Blues. Then played lights out, so it must be mental with them in a lot of cases.

Reactions: bluetib

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
His new stance of playing on the toes of his blades is a genuine catastrophy.
C"mon Mr. Best hockey player on earth according to M.B.; time to get back to basics and get shit done.

Reactions: GordonGraham

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
As a game, maybe. Sport? Hardly.

If it didn't already exist it wouldn't be a big sport.

That's true of almost all sports. If I wasn't already a hockey fan from childhood I certainly wouldn't be jumping in now if it was just invented and especially of the mismanaged Habs but alas, here we are. The history of the sport/passion passed down are a large part of the reason most of these "sports" exist.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
That's true of almost all sports. If I wasn't already a hockey fan from childhood I certainly wouldn't be jumping in now if it was just invented and especially of the mismanaged Habs but alas, here we are. The history of the sport/passion passed down are a large part of the reason most of these "sports" exist.
Skating as an activity would've always happened. Standing around injecting steroids and chewing tobacco wouldn't have necessarily happened in a diamond formation. Baseball is an archaic sport.

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
Skating as an activity would've always happened. Standing around injecting steroids and chewing tobacco wouldn't have necessarily happened in a diamond formation. Baseball is an archaic sport.

Yes skating would always exist, just like hitting balls with sticks would always exist. Fundamental part of the sports but not the minutiae of the sport its self. I don't get why sports fans (of all sports) are so randomly self righteous about other sports. There's plenty of sports I don't care for, the NFL for example, but I'm happy people like it. I don't feel compelled to shit talk it. Not trying to call you out, just an odd thing I notice about fans of all sports. An NBA forum I read constantly makes fun of hockey as a stupid sport and it's like... why?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Yes skating would always exist, just like hitting balls with sticks would always exist. Fundamental part of the sports but not the minutiae of the sport its self. I don't get why sports fans (of all sports) are so randomly self righteous about other sports. There's plenty of sports I don't care for, the NFL for example, but I'm happy people like it. I don't feel compelled to **** talk it. Not trying to call you out, just an odd thing I notice about fans of all sports. An NBA forum I read constantly makes fun of hockey as a stupid sport and it's like... why?
I don't hate on most sports, I think Baseball in particular shouldn't be considered a sport. Hitting balls with a stick could be so much more active. Most of the activity of most of the players in baseball is standing around - preposterous.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't hate on most sports, I think Baseball in particular shouldn't be considered a sport. Hitting balls with a stick could be so much more active. Most of the activity of most of the players in baseball is standing around - preposterous.
Isn't that cricket?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad