Player Discussion Carey Price: Longest Tenured Hab

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not defending Pricer because I think he’s played below average this season but it’s simply impossible for a goalie to stop all these pucks with this horrible defense that’s in front of him.
The plus side is that we've weathered through a quarter of the season with a really bad D. Weber should improve that somewhat when he comes back. So we might actually have a shot at the playoffs.

We won't go anywhere... but it would be nice to see some postseason hockey.

Reactions: the

VoodooWizardry

Nov 11, 2018
He will never be the old Price if he keeps this new 'technique'. It's just not him. He needs to stay less wide on his skates, stay square, no need to move like a lunatic from side to side. That hasn't happened since his injury

A lot of it is the attention to detail that is lacking this season. For example, on the first goal, 14-15 Price would have read the deflection and center shifted from his stance into a butterfly block instead of dropping into this wide butterfly with a large gap on his blocker side. On the second one you would never have seen him not hug the post properly so he could cut the pass or if the pass got through he could make shift and make a butterfly save while being square to the shot.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Our D........................what is MB waiting for, Weber I guess, but hopefully there is another deal there soon, if our GM has been watching the games, and not just looking at the standings...

Yeah, even with Weber (who should be able to steady one of Mete or Reilly) this defense is shit. It's inexcusable that for two seasons in arow, Weber and Petry have no optimal partners. Maybe Bergevin thought Alzner (lol) could be a great fit for Alzner last season but what's his excuse this year?

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Playing at home for a goalie is probably much more stressful

Historically Price has better stats at home than road. With only a few games this season, sample is still too small.

Code:
Split    Value    GP    W    L    T/O    GA    SA    SV    SV%    GAA    SO    PIM    TOI    EV GA    PP GA    SH GA
Home    309    165    93    49    715    9070    8355    .921    2.33    28    18    18383:45    524    167    24
Road    264    128    112    17    682    7935    7253    .914    2.65    13    25    15430:53    479    187    15

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
He came back with his red pads. Could it be part of the solution ?

Closer look at Carey Price's new red pads

181002113456-01-golden-gate-bridge-restricted.jpg

Last edited:

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
he wont finish his career in mtl
sooner than later he is gone
he seems unhappy and tired of the surroundings
there is no light at end of tunnel so far

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't know if anyone has posted this but the other day, someone was asking about that brilliant breakout pass that Price had made to Tatar in the NJ game.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lmao. I thought the Carey Price of old was back because he didn't let in a billion goals against Calgary and Vancouver?
Price will never look elite with this defense, he needs Weber back asap. He hasn't been great, but we are doing him no favors with Benn and Schlemko in the top 4.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Weber skating with a gimpy leg, one arm tied around his back and one eye covered with a pirate eye patch will still be better than Schlemko and Benn...

I agree. But will he be Weber enough for Carey Price's performance to be pinned on himself for once? Remember, last year didn't count because Weber hurt his foot.

dude,
3.17 .895
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
top 36 / top 34

''You pay for consistency.''

gigRkm4.jpg

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Price, Roy & Dryden occupying the net together would have a GAA of at least 2.00 with the Fab 5 we are rolling over the boards on the back end

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Honestly, who cares...you cannot possibly be watching this and excuse of a team and think "Price....that's our problem”, and I've been critical of him this year but come on...

He wasn't ''our problem'' last year either. But that's only because the team was a flaming pile of shit on the whole, including Price's play.

Reactions: Genesis76

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Honestly, who cares...you cannot possibly be watching this and excuse of a team and think "Price....that's our problem”, and I've been critical of him this year but come on...

He makes his defense look worst than what it is.

He’s goaling like some one who doesnt belong in the NHL

Reactions: GordonGraham

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He makes his defense look worst than what it is.

He’s goaling like some one who doesnt belong in the NHL
Do you really think it's the Vezina Hart winner is making his defense look worse?...OR...is it the fact we have Petry-Benn as a top pairing, which indicates just how pathethic that defensive core is, that's making Price's life hard???...

Price hasn't been as good as he can be, but come on now. This group is beyond pathetic. Jordie freaking Benn? Schlemko?? Lolll...Those guys aren't even NHLers.

For the record, I'm not making excuses for Price. He hasn't been particularly great and I want his ass traded, but come on. What's infront of him is a flaming pile of shit.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He wasn't ''our problem'' last year either. But that's only because the team was a flaming pile of **** on the whole, including Price's play.
The team is very identical to last year..
Outside of their 4-0-1 stretch, and most players starting the year hot, team has been quite mediocre.
They've been a .500 team for more than 75% of the season and while we can rightfully claim Price has cost the team some points, the team also had no business getting some on certain nights too.
Overall, this team sucks.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Yeah, even with Weber (who should be able to steady one of Mete or Reilly) this defense is ****. It's inexcusable that for two seasons in arow, Weber and Petry have no optimal partners. Maybe Bergevin thought Alzner (lol) could be a great fit for Alzner last season but what's his excuse this year?
MB was hoping Alzner would make a Chara style comeback!! lol

MB is a guy, who has no plan, and just holds his breath, hoping for some luck. We finally have a forward group who can score, but our D is beyond awful...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad