Player Discussion Carey Price: Longest Tenured Hab

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
The team is very identical to last year..
Outside of their 4-0-1 stretch, and most players starting the year hot, team has been quite mediocre.
They've been a .500 team for more than 75% of the season and while we can rightfully claim Price has cost the team some points, the team also had no business getting some on certain nights too.
Overall, this team sucks.
"If you remove the games that make this team an above .500 team, they're just a .500 team."

C'mon now, imagine if someone was using that argument the other way to argue that Montreal was a good team, you'd be having none of it.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
The team is very identical to last year..
Outside of their 4-0-1 stretch, and most players starting the year hot, team has been quite mediocre.
They've been a .500 team for more than 75% of the season and while we can rightfully claim Price has cost the team some points, the team also had no business getting some on certain nights too.
Overall, this team sucks.

I agree. The difference between this year and last year is that things broke our way to begin the season. We have a (slim) margin for error.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
"If you remove the games that make this team an above .500 team, they're just a .500 team."

C'mon now, imagine if someone was using that argument the other way to argue that Montreal was a good team, you'd be having none of it.

I think he's noting the trend, more than cherry picking. We started hot. For the last long while, though, this team has barely kept its nose above water.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Of course I would be having none of it, because you don't remove the part that represents 80% of their year. I focus on the bulk.
Outside of this 4-0-1, the Habs have been a .500 team. I don't know why you can't mention this. Are we not allowed to point out stretches?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

Habs won 2 in a row once in the last 30 days...

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Of course I would be having none of it, because you don't remove the part that represents 80% of their year. I focus on the bulk.
Outside of this 4-0-1, the Habs have been a .500 team. I don't know why you can't mention this. Are we not allowed to point out stretches?
It's a very small size which is really affected by a game or 2 at this point. You said yourself that price cost this team 2 or 3 points, that changes the 7-7-4 record to 8-6-4 or 8-5-5, or 8-5-4/8-4-5 before last nights loss.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's a very small size which is really affected by a game or 2 at this point. You said yourself that price cost this team 2 or 3 points, that changes the 7-7-4 record to 8-6-4 or 8-5-5, or 8-5-4/8-4-5 before last nights loss.
I also said this team had no business getting some points in games too. Cancels each other out.

What was even smaller in size was our record in mid October, yet that didn't stop everyone from discussing how the Habs were much better, that they're well on their way of becoming contenders and that Bergey deserves GM of the year nomination.

I've been arguing how people are falling for this mirage.
Little by little Habs are dropping towards where they're expected to be. It's only a matter of time.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He makes his defense look worst than what it is.

He’s goaling like some one who doesnt belong in the NHL

Weber- 1 (hurt for a full calendar year now)
Petry-3
Benn- 6-7/AHL
Schlemko- 6-7/AHL
Reilly- 6-7/AHL
Oulette- 7/AHL
Mete- AHL
Alzner- AHL

Im well aware you don’t like Price. Well established. But how the **** can you look at those names up above and say with a straight face that the goaltender is the one making them look bad?

Reactions: DXStriker

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Weber- 1 (hurt for a full calendar year now)
Petry-3
Benn- 6-7/AHL
Schlemko- 6-7/AHL
Reilly- 6-7/AHL
Oulette- 7/AHL
Mete- AHL
Alzner- AHL

Im well aware you don’t like Price. Well established. But how the **** can you look at those names up above and say with a straight face that the goaltender is the one making them look bad?

The problem is you are taking what he says as if it has any merit.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The problem is you are taking what he says as if it has any merit.

I never claimed what he says has any merit. He is however allowed to have an opinion and this site is setup for debate. I’ve never once seen him give a breakdown on areas of our game outside of Price unless it includes propping Subban, Halak or Eller or trashing on Price and Weber. I’m generally curious to hear his opinion on the group of defenceman I just listed and what things they’re doing to warrant his support. He gets mad when I call him biased but he never gives a reason as to why he’s not.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I do ....come on man
Sorry man, but with the comments you have been making, I don't know what to think.

Guess we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Price continues to find his game, but the D that Bergevin has put on this team, for the past two seasons, is abysmal. Bernie Parent and Ken Dryden couldn't save us...

Reactions: Milhouse40

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Sorry man, but with the comments you have been making, I don't know what to think.

Guess we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Price continues to find his game, but the D that Bergevin has put on this team, for the past two seasons, is abysmal. Bernie Parent and Ken Dryden couldn't save us...

Prob you dint catch all my comments but I always said The D is bad...

Bad as in 3 goals per night? maybe.
5 goals per night? i dont think so.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
I never claimed what he says has any merit. He is however allowed to have an opinion and this site is setup for debate. I’ve never once seen him give a breakdown on areas of our game outside of Price unless it includes propping Subban, Halak or Eller or trashing on Price and Weber. I’m generally curious to hear his opinion on the group of defenceman I just listed and what things they’re doing to warrant his support. He gets mad when I call him biased but he never gives a reason as to why he’s not.

Because he is biased, I mean I like Subban but his posts make me shake my head. Then you take that fanaticism and turn it into hate for Price and you get what is going on now. You have nothing left to get from Genesis76, your post above sums it up pretty well. It's a shtick at this point.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Because he is biased, I mean I like Subban but his posts make me shake my head. Then you take that fanaticism and turn it into hate for Price and you get what is going on now. You have nothing left to get from Genesis76, your post above sums it up pretty well. It's a shtick at this point.

Im not sure whats more biased though, some one who denys any wrong doing of a goalie that gets lit up 5 times a night or some one who's objectively pointing out his flaws with some content.

I'll wait for your answer.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Im not sure whats more biased though, some one who denys any wrong doing of a goalie that gets lit up 5 times a night or some one who's objectively pointing out his flaws with some content.

I'll wait for your answer.

You are anything but objective.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I think Price's problem is he's trying to do too much. He knows his defence sucks and the team's success rests on his shoulders, and it's too much for him. He manages to make game saving stops every game, but also lets in at least one bad goal a game. Things aren't going to get better until we allow less scoring chances and play like we did at the start of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad