Player Discussion Carey Price: Longest Tenured Hab

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With his solid performances the last two games, his GAA is now below 3 and his SV% is over .900. Moving in the right direction. Big week coming up. Caps, Devils, Sabres, and Bruins. Sabres and Bruins is a back-to-back so I expect Niemi to start in Buffalo on Friday and Price gets Boston at home on Saturday.

Monday: Price vs. Caps
Wednesday: Price vs. Devils
Friday: Niemi vs. Sabres
Saturday: Price vs. Bruins

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
With his solid performances the last two games, his GAA is now below 3 and his SV% is over .900. Moving in the right direction. Big week coming up. Caps, Devils, Sabres, and Bruins. Sabres and Bruins is a back-to-back so I expect Niemi to start in Buffalo on Friday and Price gets Boston at home on Saturday.

Monday: Price vs. Caps
Wednesday: Price vs. Devils
Friday: Niemi vs. Sabres
Saturday: Price vs. Bruins
Caps are going to be scary.

It's great that Price has had a couple of good games but our D is so atrocious right now... it's still going to be a bumpy year.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
??????????
It makes sense to move him.

I love Price but he's in the 2nd half of his career and should be looking to win now. We can't win now, not with this D. So if we could trade him for futures I think we should do it.

We should not just give him away however. I'd rather roll the dice on hoping that we can accumulate some help on the blueline and take a run with him rather than just donating him elsewhere. He's too good to give up for free. If nobody wants to pay something for him then f*** them.

Jul 6, 2016
Caps are going to be scary.

It's great that Price has had a couple of good games but our D is so atrocious right now... it's still going to be a bumpy year.

I am expecting Habs to come out strong vs Wash and Boston. But I am always underwhelmed by their effort level vs NJ and Buff.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Was at the game last night and had Price in our end for the 1st and 3rd. He looked great, was in position all night. Not sure how it played on TV but he made an agressive play on a shooter after the nucks second goal, came way out of the crease and made a kick save that changed the momentum of the game. Team and game went into turbo mode.

The Pettersson goal was nuts, that shot was ridiculous. Price was flat out pissed but no one was stopping that shot, was a laser beam.

I know and appreciate that his contract is not popular around here but he was worth every penny last night. You have to see our D in person to appreciate how bad they are - out section was in awe at how bad Benn is. Literally we have one or two nhl d men. Price is playing d and goal, controling the play, talking to his guys. I think he has earned his deal so far this year.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Was at the game last night and had Price in our end for the 1st and 3rd. He looked great, was in position all night. Not sure how it played on TV but he made an agressive play on a shooter after the nucks second goal, came way out of the crease and made a kick save that changed the momentum of the game. Team and game went into turbo mode.

The Pettersson goal was nuts, that shot was ridiculous. Price was flat out pissed but no one was stopping that shot, was a laser beam.

I know and appreciate that his contract is not popular around here but he was worth every penny last night. You have to see our D in person to appreciate how bad they are - out section was in awe at how bad Benn is. Literally we have one or two nhl d men. Price is playing d and goal, controling the play, talking to his guys. I think he has earned his deal so far this year.
Since he started in Calgary been Price of old. Shows the skill is still there. Made those short post to post slides, bounces up quick. Last game in Montreal he was over sliding. Making those long pad slides.

Don't know what it was here. Trying to hard in Montreal? But it must be between the ears. His play fell off the charts when Weber was injured last year. Sounds like both are connected. More relaxed with Weber?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Since he started in Calgary been Price of old. Shows the skill is still there. Made those short post to post slides, bounces up quick. Last game in Montreal he was over sliding. Making those long pad slides.

Don't know what it was here. Trying to hard in Montreal? But it must be between the ears. His play fell off the charts when Weber was injured last year. Sounds like both are connected. More relaxed with Weber?

Having Weber for 25-26 minutes a game is huge for any goaltenders. Less plays developping in unexpected ways.
Less players left untouched in front of him and less turnovers in the D-zone.

Weird stats, Price is now .926 /2.42 and 4-1-2 on the road.
Versus .878 / 3.42 and 3-3-2 at home.....

I don't know if he's trying to0 hard in Montreal, the team didn't score more than 1 goal in the 3 lost games at home.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Gotta say, I don't notice a great deal of difference between how he played last night vs most of this year.

Last season's a different story. He went through some bad stretches, followed them up with good ones. But his play this year has been fairly consistent in my opinion.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Gotta say, I don't notice a great deal of difference between how he played last night vs most of this year.

Last season's a different story. He went through some bad stretches, followed them up with good ones. But his play this year has been fairly consistent in my opinion.

He was awful for about 4 games but people kept talking about those 4 starts like it dictated how he started the season. He wasn’t stealing games because he didn’t have too. In the grand scheme, those 4 games won’t mean much. Goaltenders are going to have rough stretches. Even Vezina winners have small strethes where they simply weren’t good or terrible throughout their trophy year. It happens. It’s a long season. I think last year is playing with the minds of most rational fans, and as far as the haters, their always going to be there running their mouths every chance they get.

Routs

Dec 17, 2011
He was awful for about 4 games but people kept talking about those 4 starts like it dictated how he started the season. He wasn’t stealing games because he didn’t have too. In the grand scheme, those 4 games won’t mean much. Goaltenders are going to have rough stretches. Even Vezina winners have small strethes where they simply weren’t good or terrible throughout their trophy year. It happens. It’s a long season. I think last year is playing with the minds of most rational fans, and as far as the haters, their always going to be there running their mouths every chance they get.

This is a good point. I was actually surprised to hear Roy talk about how "badly" he was playing going into the Playoffs in 1993. I was barely a teenager when they won that cup so I always had stars in my eyes when it came to Roy (my favourite player as a kid). Interesting to hear him admitting to his bad play and how the team around him played a big part in getting him going again. It's so easy to think great players don't have bad stretches and so easy to immortalize some of our past heroes as perfect.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Was at the game. That game saver with 2 seconds left made the crowd get LOUD. Great atmosphere despite the loss.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Played like a superstar 10,5M goalie the last three games, let's see it he can keep it up longterm. I hope he does. He won't fix the D tho and wow is that D core terrible or what.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Played like a superstar 10,5M goalie the last three games, let's see it he can keep it up longterm. I hope he does. He won't fix the D tho and wow is that D core terrible or what.
Building off the last three games is very important...but it looks like he is trending in the right direction.

Our D........................what is MB waiting for, Weber I guess, but hopefully there is another deal there soon, if our GM has been watching the games, and not just looking at the standings...

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Oh yeah, been an uptick in Carey Price's play since the Calgary game. Shows the skills are still there and he is injury free

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Came here to say sorry habs fans for posting about Price like a week ago. (that he's done) I was just trying to give my honest assessment of Price but it came across like I was being a total a*hole. I like Montreal, my 2nd favorite team actually. I just severely question the judgement of your gm. but never mind, I'll attend to my own Buffalo concerns, carry on. Good luck this season. Domi looks elite....Your 3rd OA (that I can never f*ing spell) is looking like he'll be a star too

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Having Weber for 25-26 minutes a game is huge for any goaltenders. Less plays developping in unexpected ways.
Less players left untouched in front of him and less turnovers in the D-zone.

Weird stats, Price is now .926 /2.42 and 4-1-2 on the road.
Versus .878 / 3.42 and 3-3-2 at home.....

I don't know if he's trying to0 hard in Montreal, the team didn't score more than 1 goal in the 3 lost games at home.

Playing at home for a goalie is probably much more stressful

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Not defending Pricer because I think he’s played below average this season but it’s simply impossible for a goalie to stop all these pucks with this horrible defense that’s in front of him.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Not defending Pricer because I think he’s played below average this season but it’s simply impossible for a goalie to stop all these pucks with this horrible defense that’s in front of him.

Tonight was a game that felt like a kick in the groin to anyone who is a goalie. Carey was alone.

I felt this one in my plums.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
He will never be the old Price if he keeps this new 'technique'. It's just not him. He needs to stay less wide on his skates, stay square, no need to move like a lunatic from side to side. That hasn't happened since his injury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad