Player Discussion Carey Price - Covid Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
i have zero compassion for Price right now. I'm sorry. I don't blame him for his contract or for not taking a discount, i blame him for extraordinarily poor play and coming off as a basket case. No team survives that save % and he's not playing like an elite talent. it's so f***ing frustrating. he's playing a kid's sport and making millions and he needs perspective by taking time off? Give some of that money back or retire - or work to get yourself to another team if you hate the pressure
Bergevins has struggled longer at his job the team than any player on the roster. Including Carey.

The fish rots from head down.

I see and get why Price is feeling the heat from fans. But just dont forget , when Carey was Hasek like and the MVP of the league giving the team the goaltending you need to win. The team in front of him still sucked.

In 9 years under Bergevin this roster has won 3 play off rounds. None in the last 5 seasons. Carey at fault for all that losing?

(last years 5 game covid qualifier aint a play off round)

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
The Carey's curse. We will never win anything with him on the team.
Non-sense. Carey would have multiple cups if he played on a real team his career. If we had traded him instead of Halak to the Flyers, who desired him greatly, they never would have imploded.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Wtf did Price do during the break that he got so much worse relative to his playoff appearance or even last year?

His Save% is an abysmal .888, it's impossible for the Habs to compete with that.
Price has been bad this year but the Habs aren't competing regardless. I can't remember the last time we outplayed the other team. It's pretty ugly, esp after such a good start.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Non-sense. Carey would have multiple cups if he played on a real team his career. If we had traded him instead of Halak to the Flyers, who desired him greatly, they never would have imploded.

That can be say about every goalies in the NHL. The Price curse is real. Youll see once hes gone how the fun of playing hockey will be back within the team

Reactions: dnl4ever

HeussLenfoire

Jan 21, 2021

Aren’t we done with that myth ?

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Aren’t we done with that myth ?

apparently not.

Price show catastrophic stats. Imagine one second if he was playing for Ottawa. He wouldnt even have peeweeA respectable stats

Now hes exausted from playing so many games. Princess Price need a rest. Most overated player in the whole league. And with so many bad contracts given around the league, he has to take the palm for the worst one out there. He is the biggest boat anchor in the NHL right now

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
FWIW...McGuire was talking about changes to goalie equipment, in particular teams complaining about Price’s oversized pants, which was part of the equipment downsizing. Those changes went into effect 3-years ago, ironically that aligns with the timeline of Price needing to reset his game. Also over than span Price has given up far more goals down low / between the legs than he ever did prior in his career...similar to the ones NT & BT scored this week which are unacceptable anyway you cut it.

Reactions: Canadienna

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Price has been bad this year but the Habs aren't competing regardless. I can't remember the last time we outplayed the other team. It's pretty ugly, esp after such a good start.

Always ready to apologize for Price. Hes the one making this team bad with his mood swing and bad vibes. The team is competing big times with Allen in the net

BTW LG I admire your loyalty and your determination to defend Price no matters how bad he suck. Its truly amazing. Anyone would love to have a personal cheerleader pumping his tire even on bad days

Last edited:

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I don’t know.. Price behind those Ken Hitchcock coached St. Louis teams is a pretty scary thought. I doubt they’d be waiting until 2019 to win a cup had they aquired Price.

They had Allen whos better than Price. Stats prove it

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Bergevins has struggled longer at his job the team than any player on the roster. Including Carey.

The fish rots from head down.

I see and get why Price is feeling the heat from fans. But just dont forget , when Carey was Hasek like and the MVP of the league giving the team the goaltending you need to win. The team in front of him still sucked.

In 9 years under Bergevin this roster has won 3 play off rounds. None in the last 5 seasons. Carey at fault for all that losing?

(last years 5 game covid qualifier aint a play off round)
Price was never near Hasek, never... At best, he was like Brodeur... Or Theodore for that matter.

Reactions: cphabs

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Price is our most important player, he was and still is the heart and soul of this team. The team will go wherever Price leads them. Right now he is sinking the team with the way he is playing. Everyone is playing nervous because any shots can result to a goal. Price brings no confidence to his teammates so for this season. We are not this bad of a team but I honestly believe that Price playing like crap has a negative effect on them.

Reactions: dnl4ever and Habano

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The taxes is a myth, many players and agents said so. Why is it still talked like its a thing?
Why do you think Mtl goes after so many American players? Non taxable bonus structure clause IRS has in place - the Austin Mathews contract structure

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Ask Toronto fans how much spending to the cap meant for them before the Matthews era began. It means nothing if you don’t spread your budget accordingly. $15 million in goaltending, almost $8 million for a rapidly declining defenseman, $8 million for two bottom 6/fringe NHL defenseman, $3.5 million for a fourth liner, etc. It all adds up pretty quick. Adding two 30 point wingers was never going to drastically change the team. Bergevin did a good job selling to the fans and media that this was a much improved product but it’s not.
It is though, the team is struggling because of subpar goaltending.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It is though, the team is struggling because of subpar goaltending.

Sketchy goaltending certainly isn’t helping. But we’ve been shutout twice with Allen in net since the skid began and he looked like a street hockey goalie with some of the saves he was making in his last start against Ottawa with all the breakaways they were getting, which in the end resulted in another loss. Price is fair game to criticize for his play but you can’t pretend the product on the ice for weeks hasn’t been horrible and that’s not all on him.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Price was never near Hasek, never... At best, he was like Brodeur... Or Theodore for that matter.
015 he was

The Canadiens started 016 top team in the NHL with Price on fire.

He went down for season and they played 400 hockey the rest of the way. Literally first to worst because one player went out injured.

Hasek like.

Anyways , my point was that Price playing great or Price playing poor. Team still sucked and won sweet f$%^ all.

Reactions: Mrb1p

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Not that I'm defending Price but hasn't he been terribad during the beginning of the season for a few years now? This just seems his norm now?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I still say price should stop the puck though - even though bergevin has not surrounded him with entirely adequate support stat. why is allen doing better with the same people?
Agree - No excuse whatsoever for Price’s subpar performance for the 3-consecutive season starts

The built in restrictions impacting Habs team building vs Leafs or big market US orgs don’t face, well....it is what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad