Player Discussion Carey Price - Covid Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
What's the latest news on Price? I haven't been following much but not so long ago he wasn't too thrilled with the playoffs. Is he holding out?

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
He's going to steal game 1, the narrative will be "Vintage Price!" then the Habs will lose the next 3.
I'm a bit concerned. In training camp, he's usually not very good. Still, It's a golden chance to be in the top 16 teams. Everyone is going to be a bit rusty. With Sid (maybe) out and if Malkin is asleep, it might be more even than we think. Crosby won't miss any chance to play if his body allows it. Come on Pricer, stop Da puck!

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Carey said they will have to play over their heads to beat Pittsburgh. That the way to stop Crosby and Malkin is to ask them to stay at the hotel.

That's the right attitude Pricer.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I saw a picture of Lindgren and McNiven in practice used to screen Price, and he looks like their daddy lol. So much bigger, it's no wonder the other two can't cut it.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Carey said they will have to play over their heads to beat Pittsburgh. That the way to stop Crosby and Malkin is to ask them to stay at the hotel.

That's the right attitude Pricer.
A sense of humor is needed at times!! lol

His comment about asking them to stay at the hotel is hilarious, for those of us who know what he was actually doing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm a bit concerned. In training camp, he's usually not very good. Still, It's a golden chance to be in the top 16 teams. Everyone is going to be a bit rusty. With Sid (maybe) out and if Malkin is asleep, it might be more even than we think. Crosby won't miss any chance to play if his body allows it. Come on Pricer, stop Da puck!

To the Habs players, we have nothing to loose. Fans/Management are thinking Lafreniere, not the players. So yeah, I am a bit nervous we play up to the Pens level and play with no pressure or expectations. That could create confidence and it's going to make us nervous.

If the Habs score on our PP and Price is on his game... it's going to be a close series.

Reactions: Fixxer

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
To the Habs players, we have nothing to loose. Fans/Management are thinking Lafreniere, not the players. So yeah, I am a bit nervous we play up to the Pens level and play with no pressure or expectations. That could create confidence and it's going to make us nervous.

If the Habs score on our PP and Price is on his game... it's going to be a close series.
There's a thread about Habs - Pens '98 series and we never know, it might turn out like this. lol
We got to be aware that the Habs moved NHL players for picks, prospects and AHL caliber guys. Anyway, we weren't heading for the playoffs like, at all. lol

No Draft in MTL but we might have a shot for Laffy after all. Crazy how things could work out.. maybe.. hopefully... but whatever, I want a good series to watch and maybe more.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
There's a thread about Habs - Pens '98 series and we never know, it might turn out like this. lol
We got to be aware that the Habs moved NHL players for picks, prospects and AHL caliber guys. Anyway, we weren't heading for the playoffs like, at all. lol

No Draft in MTL but we might have a shot for Laffy after all. Crazy how things could work out.. maybe.. hopefully... but whatever, I want a good series to watch and maybe more.

It's hockey games ! I'm a little worried that we end up winning the best of 5 play-in but we've watched them lose all year, so why not a little more? + we'll get to see healthy Crosby, Malkin and Price go at it with all they've got so that's always cool.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I can see the Habs loosing 3 games straight or 5 games emotional wreck for us :laugh:. But yes, a chance to play the Pens to see what Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Domi, Drouin, and others can do and a chance at Lafreniere. Win/Win if we loose.

What we do know is if there were no Covid-19 and modified playoffs, we would be picking 9th and no Lafreniere.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Price-PressConference(20/07/20)

“I’m just trying to be as efficient as possible out there. To be honest, it doesn’t seem like we stopped playing that long ago. So I feel like everybody showed up and was ready to go right off the get-go. Everybody seemed pretty well prepared for the possibility of coming back. Everybody seemed like they’re in pretty good shape. To be honest, it doesn't feel like we stopped playing that long ago. I feel like everybody showed up and was ready to go right from the start. Everyone seemed pretty well-prepared for the possibility of coming back. So we’re just trying to prepare just as if we had just finished the season.”

“We can work as a group and take their time and space away. That’s kind of a common recipe for shutting any power play down is applying pressure at the right times, making quality saves and gutting out timely kills. I can sway the odds obviously with outstanding play but at the end of the day we’re all going to need to play over our heads to win.”

“The bachelor life’s been an adjustment. It’s been tough being away from the girls. Obviously, at this time in their lives they’re growing quickly. Liv is at an age where she definitely understands what’s going on and is missing me at home. So that makes things a little bit more difficult, but we’re dealing with it and moving on. I go to the rink and I go home and sit on the couch. I think, obviously, without me having my family here it’s a different lifestyle at this particular time, so I’m watching a lot of movies and FaceTiming a lot.”

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
#Price-PressConference(20/07/20)

“I’m just trying to be as efficient as possible out there. To be honest, it doesn’t seem like we stopped playing that long ago. So I feel like everybody showed up and was ready to go right off the get-go. Everybody seemed pretty well prepared for the possibility of coming back. Everybody seemed like they’re in pretty good shape. To be honest, it doesn't feel like we stopped playing that long ago. I feel like everybody showed up and was ready to go right from the start. Everyone seemed pretty well-prepared for the possibility of coming back. So we’re just trying to prepare just as if we had just finished the season.”

“We can work as a group and take their time and space away. That’s kind of a common recipe for shutting any power play down is applying pressure at the right times, making quality saves and gutting out timely kills. I can sway the odds obviously with outstanding play but at the end of the day we’re all going to need to play over our heads to win.”

“The bachelor life’s been an adjustment. It’s been tough being away from the girls. Obviously, at this time in their lives they’re growing quickly. Liv is at an age where she definitely understands what’s going on and is missing me at home. So that makes things a little bit more difficult, but we’re dealing with it and moving on. I go to the rink and I go home and sit on the couch. I think, obviously, without me having my family here it’s a different lifestyle at this particular time, so I’m watching a lot of movies and FaceTiming a lot.”
Being away from young kids like that, it's gotta suck.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

This season has become really blurry in my mind, but I do recall that the habs were sitting pretty in the playoffs for significant portion of the season. Then they lost 8 in a row or something at one point, and it was downhill after that.

Yeah, this team has shown that they can hold it together for while, so while I consider them a clear underdog here, I do think the habs have a shot here.

There's alot of things that went south as the season went along. Weber probably benefits from the break as least from a physical standpoint. Drouin was a disaster post surgery but decent pre surgery. Which version do we get now? Armia has that x factor where he can pick it up for stretches and be a difference maker. He was doing more of that early on. Domi gets to hit the reset button as well.

Then there are all of the unknown variables related to this whole pandemic, and whether that levels the playing field even more (with all teams being rusty).

It was hard to get a read on this club this year. They were a crap home team, but didn't do too badly on the road. I think that also held true with their PP. They had extreme troubles with some of the worse teams in the league like new Jersey and Detroit as well.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Nominated for the King Clancy Memorial Cup.

Critera: “Clear and measurable positive impact on the community + Investment of time and resources + Commitment to a particular cause or community + Commitment to the League’s community initiatives +Creativity of programming +Use of influence; engagement of others.”

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

Lmfao! What the f*** do you have to do to keep a goaltender on his game? Oh, pay him 10 million dollars per year...that working?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes? I’m confused.

Your confused cause you think Price sucks and you likely believe in the "Habs are nothing without Price" propaganda a few years ago. Price is like $1M-$2M overpaid and playing on a bad team D.

Get over it. If you are truly a die hard Habs fan... Do you think throwing him under the bus over and over again is good for our team? Team Canada not even going to have Price on their next team eh? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad