Movies: Captain Marvel

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I’m not sure what people expect with this movie. It’s an origin movie going back in Marvel time. Of course it’s not going to be some huge piece. The important thing is that it reasonably answers some questions and ties things together, while putting together an entertaining movie.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I gotta say, the trailers aren't really doing much for me

Sure, I'll watch the movie, but I'm not really looking forward to it

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
My favorite thing about this movie announcement is all of the ridiculous people who are clamoring that they're making Captain Marvel a woman because of some politically correct SJW agenda and not realizing that the title Captain Marvel has been used multiple times for both male and female characters.

You must go to different places on the Web. I haven't seen anyone clamoring about this at all.

Reactions: Huggy43

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
You must go to different places on the Web. I haven't seen anyone clamoring about this at all.
I saw it throughout a few different posts on facebook and a couple on twitter. Haven't seen anything around here, which is good.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
I saw it throughout a few different posts on facebook and a couple on twitter. Haven't seen anything around here, which is good.
I really wish people would stop thinking an opinion is wide spread due to what sounds like a limited number of posts online.
How many people are on Facebook/Twitter? So then what’s the percentage of those “ridiculous people” compared to the number of members that those websites have?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The cat scene at the end just seemed out of place. "Aww a cat." "Come on let's go." :laugh:

Like why

The cat is going to play a big role in the film. Its ass is even in one of the main posters that only features Cap Marvel as a character, probably ends up saving the day or Fury somehow.

Last edited:
Reactions: HFBCommenter

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Main character is a woman and this is going to be Marvel's push for attracting female viewers. Of course a cute little kitty cat is going to be front and center, classic exec move :laugh:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Main character is a woman and this is going to be Marvel's push for attracting female viewers. Of course a cute little kitty cat is going to be front and center, classic exec move :laugh:
How so? It's not like something they made up for the movies, in the comics her alien cat is front and center.

Reactions: donghabs98

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Didn’t feel like something nick fury would say. Definitely felt out of place to me

Probably because Nick Fury, director of SHIELD, and assembler of the Avengers is being told to hurry up like he’s some quirky side character.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
How so? It's not like something they made up for the movies, in the comics her alien cat is front and center.

Good point. I am not familiar with this comic arc (I just know about the climax with Secret Wars), but having execs put girly stuff in movies that try to appeal to feminine viewers is a classic.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You bumped the thread up by posting in it and I checked for new posts. It's called forum software. :laugh:

I was not aware you consider yourself software. You do know you chose to engage right? I made a swipe at out of touch execs (which was an honest mistake I admitted to) and here you are. The guy who got emotional at Civil War :laugh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I was not aware you consider yourself software. You do know you chose to engage right? I made a swipe at out of touch execs (which was an honest mistake I admitted to) and here you are. The guy who got emotional at Civil War :laugh:

God damn it, did you not get the joke???? Do you not know the nickname for cats and also vaginas? Did you actually think a joke was meant as criticism or defending Marvel or something outrageously stupid???

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
God damn it, did you not get the joke???? Do you not know the nickname for cats and also vaginas? Did you actually think a joke was meant as criticism or defending Marvel or something outrageously stupid???

Fair enough. Hard to tell these days. My bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad