May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
41ab275084ed00dc330f5208422555b63974780eeb2ffc0d57347ff20fae6df1.jpg

Please make 90s Nick Fury look like this

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Looks like Marvel will start shooting this soon. It's reported that they've chosen to do production back in Cali instead of Atlanta.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Unless they CGI him, I don't think they cast Samuel L. Jackson as his younger self. So instead of hoping for this, hope for an actor that at least bears a slight resemblance to him.

They've already CGI'd several guys, so they will if they want to.

But does SLJ really look that much different than he did 25 years ago? I don't think so.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Some rumors coming out about the movie, her backstory and appearance of Captain Marvell but take it with a grain of sand.

A wild new report from MCU Exchange claims that, despite comments to the contrary from Marvel Studios, much of Carol Danvers’ original origin story will make it into the new movie.

The site alleges that not only will Carol start out as Ms. Marvel, complete with a version of her original comic book costume, she will also still get her powers from the explosion of a Kree device called the Psyche-Magnetron. Perhaps most perplexing of all, the site also states that Mar-Vell—the Kree warrior who was both the original Captain Marvel and Carol’s love interest—will indeed appear in the film. For now, take all this with a heavy pinch of salt.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So she's been Captain Marvel since the 90's where's she been hiding during all the Avengers flicks!? Where are the Kree hiding!?!?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So looks like a few familiar faces will be in the movie. Disney confirmed production has started and that Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, and Clark Gregg are in the movie, aka Korath, Ronan and Coulson of course.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Marvel movies are losing their flavour with this over saturation of the market.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Ticket sales don't seen to agree with you.

They will all get seen. It's just too much with Black Lightning, Luke Cage, and the Flash all being on television/Netflix. It reminds me of how Zombies were the "it" thing for a while until it was over saturated.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
They will all get seen. It's just too much with Black Lightning, Luke Cage, and the Flash all being on television/Netflix. It reminds me of how Zombies were the "it" thing for a while until it was over saturated.

Ummm Black Lightning and Flash are DC properties.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
locked in a room with her son.

Ah the infamous rape of Carol Danvers story arc. Though I doubt the will go that far, especially since she gives birth to an alternate version of the person he impregnated her. If I were to wager she may have gone to space or her Kree psychology makes it so she doesn't age as fast. Or she ends up in a coma similar to when Rouge stole her powers.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Essentially, there are only four must sees in my book with the Marvel Universe:

1) Iron Man - if Tony has a prominent role, I'm in (see Civil War).
2) The Hulk - if Bruce has a prominent role, I'm in (see Ragnarok).
3) Holland's Spider-Man - if this version of Peter has a prominent role, I'm in (home run by him in both movies so far).
4) The Avengers - I'm just flat out in for the whole shebang (again, see Civil War, which was really Avengers 2.5).

Everything else is ancillary and I pick and choose, so if Captain Marvel gets decent word of mouth I'll give it a try. Didn't care about Captain America prior to Civil War, didn't care about Thor prior to Ragnarok, still don't care about Ant-Man, and didn't care about Black Panther until the insane word of mouth. Same will be the case for Captain Marvel. I'll certainly keep an open mind and go see it if it ends up looking good, as I did with Dr. Strange, but like that I'm not going to really amp myself up over it.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
They are still superheros though.
Zombies were everywhere and it was mostly low budget crap. Anything with a budget is still popular as well as stuff away from the norm (Santa Clarita Diet, iZombie, Z Nation, etc).

All the superhero stuff has good budgets and are based off characters with years and years of media power. And there's different genres among them. They aren't slowing down anytime soon. They're popular among older folks who grew up with the comics, they are popular with kids, and they're even popular among casual parents because a lot of them would rather watch superheroes than another mediocre animated film.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad