Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
New poster looks really good:

captain_marvel_poster_1688.jpg

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
You two obviously haven't seen the latest MCU movies, otherwise you'd know that if you think the trailer showed us how it goes in the movie, you'd be very wrong. They edit the trailers to give an impression of the plot/proceedings that ends up being very different in the movie. In addition, they might change several of the shots from the trailers in the actual movie. Admit it, you're getting played again!

I have seen them all actually. I don't think I am getting played but my interest level is low. I am more interested in Avengers Endgame. I do realize she will likely play a huge role in it but I am just personally tired of background story movies lol. im almost superheroed out but I gotta plow through to the end of Avengers lol

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Dunno if I already posted it on here but I will anyways......Brie Larson.....meh.

She's a solid actress and all but she doesn't strike me as superhero material the way Gal Gadot does as Wonder Woman. Brie Larson's voice and presence is more teenage or young adult-ish than strong woman-ish....if that makes any sense.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Dunno if I already posted it on here but I will anyways......Brie Larson.....meh.

She's a solid actress and all but she doesn't strike me as superhero material the way Gal Gadot does as Wonder Woman. Brie Larson's voice and presence is more teenage or young adult-ish than strong woman-ish....if that makes any sense.

Don’t really know Brie Larson other than from the trailer, but Charlize Theron seems like she would have been perfect.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

There were a lot of people who doubted Gal Gadot's casting too tbf. A lot of questions as to why you'd cast a rail thin supermodel to be this super strong Amazonian princess. Turns out she was great in the role.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
No idea how the movie will be but I f***ing love Brie Larson. Room is still one of my favourite movies.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Don’t really know Brie Larson other than from the trailer, but Charlize Theron seems like she would have been perfect.
Age thing, they went with a talented actress who could play the role for the next decade. In ten years Theron will be 54?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Dunno how I'm going to feel about this one. I love Brie Larson as an actor(Short Term 12 is one of my favorite movies ever) but I'm not sure if she fits the Super Hero role honestly.

I've also felt like almost all of the jokes in the trailer have fallen flat for me. Not sure if it's the delivery or the writing though.

I'm still going to see it day one no question about it but I dont have all that high of expectations.

Sep 19, 2008
I don't understand the criticism towards Brie Larson. She seems well suited for the role.

Shield logo hats :laugh:

Nick Fury retort :laugh:

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I don't understand the criticism towards Brie Larson. She seems well suited for the role.

Shield logo hats :laugh:

Nick Fury retort :laugh:

I don't get it either. Some people are going crazy over her not smiling; that's so ridiculous. It's hard to gauge a sense of the character when they've showed maybe 2 minutes of footage fromt he character; the trailers have been pretty much showing the same clips. I've never been much of a Captain Marvel fan, so I'm seeing this more because it's a MCU film. As far as female characters go, majority of Marvel's best are in the X-Men (Scarlet Witch exclude) but luckily they've gotten that property back.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Looks interesting, thanks.

It's better than interesting, it is a very good movie.

The need for nerds to comment on how much of a fit someone is for a role based on nothing but trailers and looks is really pathetic. Let's see the movie, then pass judgment. I don't remember this whole "this actor doesn't do X enough/other actor Y would have been better" happening for any of the male stars.

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Still looks fine.

If this weren't the lead in to The Avengers I probably wouldn't see it in theatres since I don't know/care about the main character (I skipped Dr. Strange and the Guardians movies for the same reason) but with Avengers right around the corner I will definitely see it. Probably opening night.

Hoping its good. The trailers don't do a ton for me, but hopefully that just means they are making an effort to keep the story under wraps.

And I still hate that shield hat. That isn't a 90's style baseball cap at all. It looks like they went down to the New Era store yesterday and had them stitch the logo onto a hat off the shelf. Nobody except for MLB players wore fitted hats back then.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
It's better than interesting, it is a very good movie.

The need for nerds to comment on how much of a fit someone is for a role based on nothing but trailers and looks is really pathetic. Let's see the movie, then pass judgment. I don't remember this whole "this actor doesn't do X enough/other actor Y would have been better" happening for any of the male stars.
You should check out the Solo: A Star Wars Story thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad