Movies: Captain Marvel

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Looks okay. I don't know who Captain Marvel is or her origin (she gets infused with alien blood?) so i'm not exactly waiting on pins and needles.

I never saw Dr. Strange or GOTG2 (or basically every MCU movie prior to Civil War) in theatres so I will wait and see.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Did spot the word Pegasus on the Quinanyonejet wing?
Project Pegasus?
Yes that's been know for a while.

Looks okay. I don't know who Captain Marvel is or her origin (she gets infused with alien blood?) so i'm not exactly waiting on pins and needles.

I never saw Dr. Strange or GOTG2 (or basically every MCU movie prior to Civil War) in theatres so I will wait and see.

The are changing for origin a little in the comics both of her parents are human unlike in the movie where one will be Kree.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ehhhh, I have no problem people liking the trailer, but seriously these two trailers have spoiled like half of the movie already. I watched the thirty seconds and decided that I didn't want to spoil myself any further and will go into blinder mode from now until March for this movie.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
It kind of reminds me of the new Lara Croft movie. Same kind of leading star. I suppose LC was more buff though.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I hope they don't make the real Captain Marvel Mar-vell a woman (Annette Benning), because he's a man. Hopefully he's Jude Law.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Ehhhh, I have no problem people liking the trailer, but seriously these two trailers have spoiled like half of the movie already. I watched the thirty seconds and decided that I didn't want to spoil myself any further and will go into blinder mode from now until March for this movie.
3 minutes of footage has spoiled half of the movie?!

:help:

This looks ridiculously awesome imo.

Reactions: Jussi

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
My favorite thing about this movie announcement is all of the ridiculous people who are clamoring that they're making Captain Marvel a woman because of some politically correct SJW agenda and not realizing that the title Captain Marvel has been used multiple times for both male and female characters.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
My first real intro into Cap Marvel was when Rogue stole her powers in the X-Men 90s cartoon so it was interesting when I saw people mad about it being Carol.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Apparently the Avengers 4 trailer was supposed to come out today but's been delayed for tomorrow

There's rumors that it is being delayed due to George H. W. Bush's funeral tomorrow. Don't know if they are true, but it would make sense that Good Morning America wouldn't feel it's appropriate to cut away from the service of a deceased former president for a few minutes to show a movie trailer.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
looks ok. Pretty much saw most of the backstory in the trailer, could probably get away with skipping this one.

You two obviously haven't seen the latest MCU movies, otherwise you'd know that if you think the trailer showed us how it goes in the movie, you'd be very wrong. They edit the trailers to give an impression of the plot/proceedings that ends up being very different in the movie. In addition, they might change several of the shots from the trailers in the actual movie. Admit it, you're getting played again!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
There's rumors that it is being delayed due to George H. W. Bush's funeral tomorrow. Don't know if they are true, but it would make sense that Good Morning America wouldn't feel it's appropriate to cut away from the service of a deceased former president for a few minutes to show a movie trailer.

Does the funeral even start that early?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
My favorite thing about this movie announcement is all of the ridiculous people who are clamoring that they're making Captain Marvel a woman because of some politically correct SJW agenda and not realizing that the title Captain Marvel has been used multiple times for both male and female characters.

I can't wait for them to debut the current Ms Marvel. So many butts hurt...

In case people missed it, it's going to happen (from Wikipedia):

In May 2018, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said that there are plans to introduce Kamala Khan in the Marvel Cinematic Universe after the 2019 film Captain Marvel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad