Movies: Captain Marvel

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
She should start by joining the Crows.

Ya. I tried.

She just told me to ignore the agenda driven radical feminist. ;)

Go figure. Women do and say what they want. :confused:

Perhaps you could take out an Ad in the Edmonton Journal. I know she reads that. You might be able to change her mind.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
One thing I don't quite understand: Why were the Scrull/Kree so interested in lightspeed technology? They can already travel between galaxies in hours, so their propulsion tech is already far superior to lightspeed...

Reactions: x Tame Impala

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
One thing I don't quite understand: Why were the Scrull/Kree so interested in lightspeed technology? They can already travel between galaxies in hours, so their propulsion tech is already far superior to lightspeed...

Just dumb movie science. People hear light speed and think it’s the fastest form of travel. When galaxies are as far away as they are, it’d still take a loooooooong time with a light speed engine.

FWIW if we could travel at light speed, it still take us something like 4 years and 3 months just to get to our nearest star. Wormholes are much faster, theoretically.

Reactions: Hint1k and Kurtz

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think Guardians established that interstellar travel is achieved by going through "jumps" at relatively fixed points in space. Presumably there may be areas to explore that don't have jump points, or by not using jump drives it allows them significant tactical flexibility?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Watched my first ever 4K film last week, since the torrents appeared for this movie. I didn't like the HDR, so I watched it in plain 4K. Might try to do the same with Infinity War (25 gigs though...). The last hour really stands out visually in 4K. The deleted scenes or some of them can be found on Youtube. That homage to Terminator 2 sort of depict Carol a bit too villainy maybe so I can understand why it was cut. The scene on Hala with the kids sort of spoils or hints too much at the Kree's true intentions and the Yon-Rogg scene with the Supreme Intelligence also spoils a bit but they weren't bad and I think Anna Boden wanted the latter scene in the final cut. Brie nerdgasming over meeting Stan The Man:

tumblr_psa9rbOg4O1w47t9ro1_540.gif

tumblr_psa9rbOg4O1w47t9ro3_540.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad