OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
Dune Part Two isn't as good as Part One. It's incredibly slow and I fell asleep towards the end. Both mates I watched it with, felt the same way. It's 3 hours long and it felt like it. It needed a tighter edit could have moved the story along and a lot of material could have been cut out all together. Hail I gave it another go today, coming in half way through it and I still fell asleep, again. At least I came to in time for the fight at the end but overall it is a big let down following the preceding chapter.

Reactions: usiel

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Waiting for more episodes to come out so I don’t have to watch a week to week
Same…..I just finish For all mankind season 1…..damn good.

Dune Part Two isn't as good as Part One. It's incredibly slow and I fell asleep towards the end. Both mates I watched it with, felt the same way. It's 3 hours long and it felt like it. It needed a tighter edit could have moved the story along and a lot of material could have been cut out all together. Hail I gave it another go today, coming in half way through it and I still fell asleep, again. At least I came to in time for the fight at the end but overall it is a big let down following the preceding chapter.
I don’t believe you, I will like it!

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Will catch it in the work week will compare notes.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Me and my buddy both really enjoyed it, but yes, a little slow (at parts) and long, if any complaints for me….

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Barbie - it was a decent movie, I liked the Lego Movie better .. but I dont see how that could sniff Best Picture.

Dune 2 - havent seen it yet, I thought the first one pacing was a bit slow, left something to be desired ... would like to see 2 on the big screen regardless

Shogun - I like it, a bit of cheese in there though

Last edited:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Barbie - it was a decent movie, I liked the Lego Movie better .. but I dont see how that could sniff Best Picture.

Dune 2 - havent seen it yet, I thought the first one pacing was a bit slow, left something to be desired ... would like to see 2 on the big screen regardless

Shogun - I like it, a bit of cheese in there though
I definitely do. That's one where I thought I knew what it would be plot-wise, saw it take off, thought I was 100% right, and then got to watch it and realized I only had like 1/3rd of the concept down at best. It's a really clever, well-built film that would have thrived in all the same ways even if it had zero branding, if they couldn't get the rights to Barbie and this was just an independent film based around, like... "Nancy" or whatever it still would have been an absolute killer. The film and message are solid, it didn't overindulge, it just... nailed it.

That film 100% wasn't for me as a target audience but as someone who likes to watch media I recognized point blank that it's really well crafted, clever, and worthy of being in the conversation.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Crybaby - baltimore John Waters classic

True Detective alaska - watched the first episode .. i like it, going more supernatural it seems .. the acting in some scenes is a bit bad though

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Crybaby - baltimore John Waters classic

True Detective alaska - watched the first episode .. i like it, going more supernatural it seems .. the acting in some scenes is a bit bad though
No that TD is finished I'll have to go back and pick it up. Just don't want to deal with the once a week release stuff.

Damsel movie on Netflix for some reason I found entertaining.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I am watching The Lobster. It is very quirky but plenty of chuckles to be had. It's a strange one for sure!
The director Yorgos Lanthimos is crushing it lately. Like the best version of an A24 movie .. indie quirky WTF without the in your face dripping feminist symbolism art fart sniffing slant

really good quirky plots, directing and acting. If you liked Lobster, youll like this guys work.

Killing of a sacred deer is really good
Favourites is really good
Poor Things is next on my list

Ive been looking for Dogtooth, cant find it on steaming or in my public library

Also been looking for "Zone of Interest" on streaming, not a Yorgos movie but seems similar feel

---------------------

Wonka new one - pretty good, my 3rd favorite of the 3, im a big wonka fan .. the wilder and depp ones hit

Reactions: PlushMinus

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
New Trailer for Star Wars: Acolyte is up. Welcome back Carrie Ann Moss! If this series has the quality of Andor WITH actual force wielders in it, I'm so there. Fingers crossed.

Have to say I do have limited tolerance for watching Jedi's always getting their but kicked and barely scraping out some wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad