OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Mod note for thread: if you post spoilers/speculation/rumors regarding recent TV shows or movies use the spoiler tag. This includes plot twists, mood references, alive/dead comments, or anything that might offer clues to what viewers can expect, excepting a personal thumbs up or down. Be careful when quoting text tagged as spoilers. If you really want to talk with someone about spoiler content in detail, use a PM. Basically, just be considerate of your fellow posters who may not be as current as you.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I saw it….easy 30 mins too long. Didn’t like it at first, but the two villains were good. Batman was passable. It grew on me as it went on.

I was entertained, but go in aiming low and hopefully be surprised.

When is Hollywood going to get a clue and realize people are fed to the teeth with the Batman franchise?

Zero interest in seeing this movie. The Chris Nolan series were the last Batman movies I'll ever see.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Anyone seen Batman yet? Going this week..
I did. Worth watching. A lot to enjoy, although definitely not perfect. It's simultaneously a very unique take compared to prior franchises with also being derivative of them in some other ways. The runtime is also longer than it should be. But still an enjoyable movie, and one that can stick with you a while afterwards and keep you thinking about it.

When is Hollywood going to get a clue and realize people are fed to the teeth with the Batman franchise?
Considering its estimated $128M opening weekend in the box office, I don't think this is true at all.

Reactions: max21

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
tv series "Our Flag Means Death" on hbo max

2 episodes in. Im liking it.

Taiki Waititi directed a few episodes and definitely has the 'What We Do In the Shadows" light hearted dead pan comedy approach

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
tv series "Our Flag Means Death" on hbo max

2 episodes in. Im liking it.

Taiki Waititi directed a few episodes and definitely has the 'What We Do In the Shadows" light hearted dead pan comedy approach

Been meaning to check that out thanks for the reminder.

Binged about 5 episodes of Season 5 of The Last Kingdom last night (netflix).

Thought my 2009'ish Pioneer Kuro Elite SC-05 had died but finally found some button push combo that does some kinda release thing and it works now. The new Dune in high def audio is so good.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
The Inquisitor looks kind of goofy

Thats a bad idea that should have died with Rebels.

Just have Vader (in violation of the rule of two) seceretly training some Sith assassin who specializes
in locating and hunting down Jedi (like Starkiller from the Force Unleashed).

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Thats a bad idea that should have died with Rebels.

Just have Vader (in violation of the rule of two) seceretly training some Sith assassin who specializes
in locating and hunting down Jedi (like Starkiller from the Force Unleashed).
Inquisitors have been in more than just Rebels, and while it's certainly a bit awkward, it's a heck of a lot better than the hot mess that was the TFU plot.

The Inquisitor looks kind of goofy
He does. Kind of a bummer that such high budget projects let things like that and Cad Bane's make-up slip thru the cracks. They shouldn't be so initially off-putting.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Kimi - was a solid Steven Soderbergh movie. Nicely packaged at 1 hr 30 mins.

If you spend 30 plus mins like I do looking but not committing to any movie .. its worth an hour and half of your time.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

I would have preferred Maul as the big bad as opposed to Vader. Obi Wan meeting Vader again between episodes 3 and 4 is something that screws with their dynamic, while it's already known that the Maul and Obi Wan rivalry continued for some time. Granted, Rebels already did a terrific job with the final duel between them.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Yeah I don't get the story excuse to 'go big' and go with Vader. I think Darth Maul for both the new SW bros and the Oldz bros really liked. Think they could have saved Vader on the Disney series side, imho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad