OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
New Trailer for Star Wars: Acolyte is up. Welcome back Carrie Ann Moss! If this series has the quality of Andor WITH actual force wielders in it, I'm so there. Fingers crossed.

Some of the early press snippets implied that this show would be more of a mystery/suspense/political maneuverings slow burn, but this trailer makes it seem like full on action. Honestly lowers my expectations, seems more like Ahsoka and less like Andor.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
The director Yorgos Lanthimos is crushing it lately. Like the best version of an A24 movie .. indie quirky WTF without the in your face dripping feminist symbolism art fart sniffing slant

really good quirky plots, directing and acting. If you liked Lobster, youll like this guys work.

Killing of a sacred deer is really good
Favourites is really good
Poor Things is next on my list

Ive been looking for Dogtooth, cant find it on steaming or in my public library

Also been looking for "Zone of Interest" on streaming, not a Yorgos movie but seems similar feel

---------------------

Wonka new one - pretty good, my 3rd favorite of the 3, im a big wonka fan .. the wilder and depp ones hit
I'll definitely check out some of these other ones.

The Lobster is just so odd. I haven't finished it yet (I don't always watch entire movies in one sitting), but I'm sure there is some kind of deeper meaning to all of this. Like the loners represent one thing and the people looking for love represent another etc. I'm just not smart enough to figure it out lol.

Woman: "Where have you been? I was looking for you?"
Colin Farrell: "I was over there behind that tree, masturbating"

What the actual?? :laugh::laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Neil Racki

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Have to say I do have limited tolerance for watching Jedi's always getting their but kicked and barely scraping out some wins.
Been really disappointed with the more recent SW fare. The ObiWan show was meh. Asohka... so boring we gave up. Mandalorian became too formulaic. Bleh. Maybe just spoiled by Andor.

Fingers crossed for the Acolyte.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
How about the Apple TV sci-fi offerings?
I’ve enjoyed several. Absolutely love Foundation. It’s special TV. For All Mankind was great. Silo was solid. Monarch was really fun and the effects were terrific. Just started Invasion and haven’t started Constellation—not a horror fan so wading into these two carefully. What am I forgetting??

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I’ve enjoyed several. Absolutely love Foundation. It’s special TV. For All Mankind was great. Silo was solid. Monarch was really fun and the effects were terrific. Just started Invasion and haven’t started Constellation—not a horror fan so wading into these two carefully. What am I forgetting??
Oh I just wanted to make sure you weren't missing out on some decent sci-fi that wasn't from SyFy days that we tolerated just because its all we had, heh.

• Haha
Reactions: Calicaps

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Finished True Detective season 4 .. brutal writing and acting.

Gentlemen - through ep 2 and I like so far. 8/10 ish range for me

3 Body - next for us. Tried starting it last night but my wife insists that if we start a show, we finish it before we start another

---------------------

Didnt realize the Caps play tonight and am supposed to watch The Notebook tonight w wife and daughter.

either way .. im crying hard tonight fellas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad