Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Curtis Lazar to 3-Year, $3M Deal ($1M AAV)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So it's Lammikko and Highmore out, and Lazar, Michayev and possibly Joshua in for fourth line duty. Hard to argue that's not a significant upgrade.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
So it's Lammikko and Highmore out, and Lazar, Michayev and possibly Joshua in for fourth line duty. Hard to argue that's not a significant upgrade.

I've defended this signing and I like that Lazar adds some more speed/size/physicality to a roster that sorely needs it but I'd still say that this is roughly a lateral move from Lammikko.

Even if it was carried partly by Motte, Lammikko's 35-game stretch between Boudreau's arrival and the deadline was probably better than anything Lazar has done in his career. And I think that Lammikko does have a bit higher overall skill level.

Reactions: geebaan

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I don't mind this. BC boy who now knows his role. Is he an upgrade over Lammikko? I'm not so sure. He brings more physicality. As long as he plays a 4th line Pk role. I think we'll be happy with Lazar.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Great signing and a great price! Hopefully the Canucks can finally build a bottom 6 - or even just a 4th line - that sticks, rather than a fresh jumble of players every single year.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Lazar brings good speed, and character to the lineup. Can't argue with the money and term. Would be awesome if Lazar found his offensive game that he had in juniors. Ottawa fans are saying we will love him.

Overall good signing

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Mikheyev is not a 4th liner. He pushes Pearson down, or Kuzmenko if he doesn't work out. Either way, huge day for Allvin.
I don’t think he meant that. I think he was adding Joshua is even a possibility for the 4th line, but it ran on from the sentence before so reads a bit funny. He was basically doing players dropped vs players added.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Better than Lammikko for sure.

I like cap hits you can bury. Term is whatever - you can only get guys to bring down their salary this way.
Cap hits you can bury? You shouldn’t have to bury cap hits, if you do this correctly.

Do we really need a veteran 4C?
No. Ideally you draft well enough that you can fill out the bottom of your roster with players you’ve drafted yourself.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Cap hits you can bury? You shouldn’t have to bury cap hits, if you do this correctly.

No. Ideally you draft well enough that you can fill out the bottom of your roster with players you’ve drafted yourself.
Shouldn't we using our 4C position to audition for our future Bo Horvat?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Benning is watching this and confused as to why we didn't go and spend 3 mill plus on a 4th line guy with lots of "character"
Meh. He spent 5M on a 3rd line guy that’s never scored more than 32 points …. For 4 years.

Same same ….. actually maybe worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad