Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Curtis Lazar to 3-Year, $3M Deal ($1M AAV)

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yup, fine with that. This is a lower AAV than I expected, and the sort of signing that Benning would have given $2 million to.

This makes the Lammikko non-QO make more sense.

Solid 4th line C, but doesn't have any upward mobility in the lineup. Deal ends when he's 30, which is good.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I don't mind it. AAV is fine and the term actually matches with his age. May be able to even fill in as the 3rd line C if they can't figure that out before the season starts.

Reactions: calnuck

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Thats a good deal from this Boston fan. Was the Bruins best 4th liner and if they could have shot all the other veteran 4th liners into the moon I would have given him this deal. But, they needed some roster spots of youth.

I don't mind it. AAV is fine and the term actually matches with his age. May be able to even fill in as the 3rd line C if they can't figure that out before the season starts.

Pushing it

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Yup, fine with that. This is a lower AAV than I expected, and the sort of signing that Benning would have given $2 million to.

This makes the Lammikko non-QO make more sense.

Solid 4th line C, but doesn't have any upward mobility in the lineup. Deal ends when he's 30, which is good.
Agreed, makes sense why Lammiko wasn't brought back if Lazar was the guy, but it wouldn't have hurt to keep Lammiko for depth for inevitable injuries given his low QO. But I'd say I'm happy we are not treated to the Benning premium to a FA signing for once. Good deal.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
$1M AAV is solid. Only $250K over what Highmore and Lammikko made last year, and I think he brings a better element than both of them.

I think it's a symptom of the past few years that I'm practically giddy that we paid 4th line money for a 4th line player. :laugh:

All of a sudden normal management feels like Jim Gregory level management, does it not?

P.S.: None of the deep sea exploration submarines sent to the middle of the Pacific Ocean ever found trace of the bar that JEB tossed.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't like giving term to 4th liners when they are making big $, but when it's a contract like this that can just be buried it's totally fine.

Seems like a reasonable contract and should be a capable 4th line center.

Reactions: MarkMM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad