Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's taken him 10-15 games or so to figure it out, but this guy is becoming a holy terror along the wall. Almost impossible to dislodge from the puck, and his shot is bordering on lethal.

The thing is he's a ppg player I still don't think we've seen his best hockey. The only concern is that he might be rapidly playing his way out of Vancouver. I don't see where they're going to find the cap space to re-sign him.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Im on the trade camp.
Because we would get a kings ransom for what he'll fetch for us.
1 mil cap hit for 1st line production.
Best deal in the league and by a LARGE margin
Rental value are usually capped. Like at most 1st + B prospect or 2nd?
Most contenders probably don’t have cap to reup him.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
What youre implying is right but
typically speaking rentals dont offer 1st line production with 1 mil cap hit.
I'd expect teams lining up to offer us something substantial.
Cup contenders are usually pretty tight cap wise, hence why the cap hit will add even more value to the trade than usual.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
What youre implying is right but
typically speaking rentals dont offer 1st line production with 1 mil cap hit.
I'd expect teams lining up to offer us something substantial.
Cup contenders are usually pretty tight cap wise, hence why the cap hit will add even more value to the trade than usual.
Sure but contenders also have limited amount of assets too. I guess the only contenders with a ton of assets are the Rangers and Canes. Maybe they would give up more but they tend to be stingy.

Reactions: LordBacon

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Sure but contenders also have limited amount of assets too. I guess the only contenders with a ton of assets are the Rangers and Canes. Maybe they would give up more but they tend to be stingy.

While not contenders, the Devils, Red Wings, and Kings are massively asset rich and all have the potential to outbid everyone else if there's a move they want to make.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
No way he signs for this cheap

A few days ago I figured they could get him long term at around 5.5m. He’s had 3g 2a since that time and in two games already priced himself out of that.

I do think management is committed to this player and will do whatever they can to sign him. It was one of the deciding factors when he was choosing a team.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
A few days ago I figured they could get him long term at around 5.5m. He’s had 3g 2a since that time and in two games already priced himself out of that.

I do think management is committed to this player and will do whatever they can to sign him. It was one of the deciding factors when he was choosing a team.
I know about the verbal agreement(dont know if its true or not tho), but It's still imho that we're better off with him traded for more assets like high picks/good d prospects. Because that area is wanting.
Either way Im curious to see how this develops.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It’s kinda hilarious the situation we’re in… Kuzmenko and Horvat are pending UFAs having a great season yet we’re set to lose both of them because we have so much dead cap space that’s being wasted on players like Myers, OEL and Boeser. Even if we offloaded Myers and Boeser re-signing both Kuzmenko and Horvat will leave us with no room to fix the D. It’s messed up how badly Benning f***ed things up and it’s equally messed up how Rutherfords group just continued to add to Bennings mess and making it even worse.
Add Miller to that list.

That sounds great to me.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Yay Kuz
7E3B468F-9893-44DB-8842-12E6AC1ED16F.jpeg

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Canucks will sign him and its pretty clear who the core is on this team. Canucks established top six is now Horvat, Miller, Boeser, Pettersson, Kuzmenko, and MIkheyev.

You can shed Garland/Myers/Pearson and its more than enough room to accommodate Horvat and Kuzmenko. Canucks will shed 2.4 million in dead cap this off-season, and Poolman will be LTIR for the rest of his contract.

You can shed the fat in other areas but you don't mess with the core players that is even more offensively deep than Toronto.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Whatever happens it should be restated that signing Kuzmenko was a major coup for this management group. They are either going to keep an NHL ready top 6 winger, possibly top tier, for free or they're going to get significant assets that they wouldn't otherwise have acquired.

This falls into the "a little luck along the way" category that you need to build a contender.

Reactions: bh53 and Kevinsane

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
You keep him and sell other players for picks instead. He's a guy who not only produces but it's how he plays as well. Like others have said, he's fantastic along the boards and in tight. He's not a perimeter skill guy and his favourite spot on the PP is in front of the net. That's projectable, dependable and conducive to winning.

Not saying guys like Miller and Horvat aren't good but I think those are the guys you try to sell. Boeser too. Build the offense around Pettersson and Kuzmenko.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
We need to pay picks get rid of shit contracts so we can pay Kuzmenko and Pettersson.

Emergency situation require painful moves.

Or you guys not ready to give him the nod yet
Not in position to give him the extension he will command.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: