Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Golf is antithesis of hockey. Both games are played with sticks, everyhing other is just opposite. Hockey is ice, drive and speed. Golf is grass, slowness and... I don't know, what is the antonym to drive? Calmness?

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
He’s got to go. By tdl his value should
Be highest considering the cap hit. Contenders will gladly offer their best prospect and then some for adding a top 6 winger at one mil.

We gotta keep Horvat or I feel we will struggle come playoffs and injuries.

or do you guys think if we trade Kuzmenko, there’s no one to play with Pettersson ?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He’s got to go. By tdl his value should
Be highest considering the cap hit. Contenders will gladly offer their best prospect and then some for adding a top 6 winger at one mil.

We gotta keep Horvat or I feel we will struggle come playoffs and injuries.

or do you guys think if we trade Kuzmenko, there’s no one to play with Pettersson ?

Playoffs is the whole other game. I doubt anybody will pay a lot for a rookie...

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Kuzmenko is closer to x10 his contract than x3 his contract. Having him at his current hit is once in a blue moon.
Thats why there was a + in there.

The sample size is tiny. I refuse to call him a 9,5 millon dollar player based on ~20 games.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Will be interesting if management tried to immediately extend him on January 1st. If they can’t by the deadline, do they trade him like they’ve been posturing the Bo?

As is evident, I’m a huge Kuzmenko fan and want him signed long-term. No idea what an extension would even look like. I could see 5.5m being reasonable but I can see something as high as 7.5m too. Will be very interesting.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
It’s kinda hilarious the situation we’re in… Kuzmenko and Horvat are pending UFAs having a great season yet we’re set to lose both of them because we have so much dead cap space that’s being wasted on players like Myers, OEL and Boeser. Even if we offloaded Myers and Boeser re-signing both Kuzmenko and Horvat will leave us with no room to fix the D. It’s messed up how badly Benning f***ed things up and it’s equally messed up how Rutherfords group just continued to add to Bennings mess and making it even worse.

Reactions: Nucker101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It’s kinda hilarious the situation we’re in… Kuzmenko and Horvat are pending UFAs having a great season yet we’re set to lose both of them because we have so much dead cap space that’s being wasted on players like Myers, OEL and Boeser. Even if we offloaded Myers and Boeser re-signing both Kuzmenko and Horvat will leave us with no room to fix the D. It’s messed up how badly Benning f***ed things up and it’s equally messed up how Rutherfords group just continued to add to Bennings mess and making it even worse.
Not to mention Pettersson being up for a new deal the year after. 3 of the team’s most effective players this year all expiring within the next 2 years and all 3 are due for significant raises. They also have PPG Miller still at his last cap hit this year which is a steal too.

Usually teams in these positions are actually good because of the great value that they’re squeezing out of these 4 players.

It really speaks to how terribly this team is built and how badly the rest of he cap dollars have been spent.

It’s kind of mind blowing when you think of it like this.

Reactions: iFan

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
Petterrson needs to ask for a trade. I'd rather see him play somewhere where he has a chance to win instead of wasting his talent here.

• Wow
Reactions: CherryToke

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i can't see any way the canucks sign kuzmenko for less than kaprizov. at least not before free agency. kaprizov is a better player but kuzmenko is a ufa while kaprizov was an rfa under team control. this is also kuzmenko's best (and maybe only) chance at a mega contract. he may not get one but he's not going to sign a 3-4 year deal with the canucks for market money as long as there is a chance the mega contract is out there. what can the canucks offer to give up that chance?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Panarin got a 2 x 6m contract at the same age. He had a 2 year ELC though with 2 30 goal/70 point+ seasons though.

If he keeps it up and lands in the 70-80 point area he'll get 7m+ I think.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Im on the trade camp.
Because we would get a kings ransom for what he'll fetch for us.
1 mil cap hit for 1st line production.
Best deal in the league and by a LARGE margin.

Reactions: mathonwy

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
My guess is they mutually go short term like $7m x 2 years to let him settle in but also gives him time to see where this team goes. It does feel like he'd really want to stay here but not if we go rebuild. Keeps the cap hit lower for the team and leaves him tradable if we end up doing scorched earth rebuild too.

Or I'm completely wrong and they trade Garland and hand him a $8m x 8

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
My guess is they mutually go short term like $7m x 2 years to let him settle in but also gives him time to see where this team goes. It does feel like he'd really want to stay here but not if we go rebuild. Keeps the cap hit lower for the team and leaves him tradable if we end up doing scorched earth rebuild too.

Or I'm completely wrong and they trade Garland and hand him a $8m x 8

At this point, he's eaten Boeser's lunch and he's the one to be traded. Heck, it'll probably be both.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: