Player Discussion Chris Kreider

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
Only Patrick Kane and Joe Pavelski (both locks for the Hall of Fame) have more playoff goals by an American.

As far as the Rangers go, his record is probably going to last a while. Only current player or on-the-horizon player I can see catching that eventually is Lafreniere.
Among active players*

Among all players, he's tied for 7th with none other than Chris Drury. Roenick, Kane, Modano, Mullen, Pavelski and Brett Hull are the 6 ahead of him.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
As a Leaf fan it bothers me that the best American postseason goalscorer is not named Matthews, and no it's not even close

Happy for you guys though
It should make you happy how much Montreal fans hate him.

They still cry about Kreider hitting Price (because they are unable to recognize the reality that Emelin tripped him), but I think the real reason they hate Kreider so much is jealousy. They could have taken Kreider with the 18th pick in 2009, but the draft was in Montreal, so they took Quebec native Louis Leblanc, who played all of 50 games in the NHL. The Rangers selected Kreider with the 19th pick.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I said it on the main forum, brought tears to my eyes with that performance. Kreider has been my favorite Ranger since Callahan. He put the team on his back with that 3rd period peformance.
Bruins fan from Boston who has followed Kreider since his Fr year at BC and performance at 2010 WJC.

Any Ranger fan who has doubted him at Olympics Rangers level (PB), needs their fan cards revoked.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
It should make you happy how much Montreal fans hate him.

They still cry about Kreider hitting Price (because they are unable to recognize the reality that Emelin tripped him), but I think the real reason they hate Kreider so much is jealousy. They could have taken Kreider with the 18th pick in 2009, but the draft was in Montreal, so they took Quebec native Louis Leblanc, who played all of 50 games in the NHL. The Rangers selected Kreider with the 19th pick.
Yup. If CK was on their team they would be doing cartwheels

What impresses me most about CK is besides being a proven clutch playoff player he has gotten better with age. He probably still has 5 real good years in him because he keeps himself in great shape and he is the best in front of the net

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Torts told him he should play more like Carl Hagelin when he first got here.

One of the things that impresses me about Kreider is that he seems to be a self-taught player. He keeps making adjustments to his game to maximize his effectiveness.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
He could have had 5 or 6 goals. The tip was superb. But there was a rush where he cut in from the left side and blew past the defender but missed the shot high. He scores on that and it would have been highlight reel.

When Kreider is possessed he is unstoppable. He gets the most hate for being a sleeping giant because when you see his game when he's locked in he's a top player in the game.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
My brother had a game stick signed by a NY Islander. He was a fishsticks fan. I cut off the blade to use it for street hockey without asking him. I shouldn't have done that. Understandablely he wasn't happy. ☹️
If I did that to my brother (also an Isles fan) I wouldn't be typing here today.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
My brother had a game stick signed by a NY Islander. He was a fishsticks fan. I cut off the blade to use it for street hockey without asking him. I shouldn't have done that. Understandablely he wasn't happy. ☹️

Unrelated to hockey but similar story. My father grew up next to the radio announcer of the Brooklyn Dodgers. He gave my grandfather a ball signed by the 1955 Dodgers, so what did my dad and uncle do? They played baseball on the beach with it because they couldnt find another ball in the house. Brutal but that story always gives me a chuckle.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Yup. If CK was on their team they would be doing cartwheels

What impresses me most about CK is besides being a proven clutch playoff player he has gotten better with age. He probably still has 5 real good years in him because he keeps himself in great shape and he is the best in front of the net

He practices his deflections every day. He recognized it wasn't enough to just be a fast guy who floats around. He needed to do something different from most players since he isn't one of these amazing puck handlers or visionary passers.

He learned how to play HIS game at 30 years old. And we are very fortunate to see it. He does a very specific combination of things very well. And leans into that now rather than trying to be the typical top 6 winger who feasts by sniping goals or making no-look passes.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Unrelated to hockey but similar story. My father grew up next to the radio announcer of the Brooklyn Dodgers. He gave my grandfather a ball signed by the 1955 Dodgers, so what did my dad and uncle do? They played baseball on the beach with it because they couldnt find another ball in the house. Brutal but that story always gives me a chuckle.

Did a nerdy kid hit an unlikely home run into the scary neighbors yard with a murderous guard dog, and then they spent their summer trying to get it back?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Back in the day we made do with what we had around. I totally understand 😊

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
I remember fans were pissed we didnt trade CK. I mean since signing the contract he has about 150 regular season goals and we know he is at the top with playoff goals and his AAV is a bargain
But think of how much better the Rangers would be today if they had just traded Kreider for a 1st and Lawson Crouse or Trent Frederick instead of resigning him.

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Kredier letting the fans know they hear them!

CK.JPG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad