Confirmed with Link: Canucks claim F Tom Sestito from Philadelphia

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
wouldt surprise me if steve pinozotto comes back and is on the roster. seisto gets sent back to waivers.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I hope he doesn't cost us in the playoffs with some really dirty hits. He's definitely delivered his share of dangerous hits. Hopefully he can stay relatively disciplined.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
wouldt surprise me if steve pinozotto comes back and is on the roster. seisto gets sent back to waivers.

i don't think so. Guys of his size who can actually play at the NHL level are hard to find. Plus he's only 25. Most people are surprised the PHI put him on waivers. We know that the Habs put a claim in on him so it's not like we were the only team interested. He's exactly the type of player this team has needed for a few seasons now. He'll instantly become fav of AV as well. I don't see him going anywhere this season.

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012
Gillis, if you're reading this, thank you. I sure appreciate it. I can handle losing Volpatti if we get someone else who can fill his role. It's nice to have some really tough grit on the roster. And sorry about the sarcastic comments about Ebbett.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Does anyone know how many concussions he's had? He took a hard shot from Kassian in his fight and didn't look good after that, his head hit the ice after his fight with tootoo and was pretty much ko'd from it, he took a fairly decent shot from lucic in a fight.

Any ideas?

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
if the current kesler was in that video, he'd be tapping his stick non-stop and missing the net with every shot :laugh:

I think it must be the crazy couple of days we have had, but I LOLd to long at that.

Also I watched that goon movie last week and the videos of this guy keep reminding me of that. On the PP stand in front of the net and don't F'in move. On the PK clear the front of the net and don't F'in move.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
I doubt him and Kassian are in the line up together on most nights, at least until Zack rediscovers his game from earlier in the season.

AV seems to want Weise playing on a nightly basis for his PK, and we all know Ebbett is his precious.

So it will likely be Kassian and Sestito rotating for the forseeable future.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Uhh...Kassian will not see the press box I wouldn't think. If he is sitting out with any regularity he should just be on the farm. And there is no way Kassian is scratched for a 4th liner like Sestito anyway.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Nice video of Sestito's first goal... and Alberts, of course, in the penalty box

Probably a better player and fighter than Volpatti, but seems to play with less tempo.

arsmaster*

I doubt him and Kassian are in the line up together on most nights, at least until Zack rediscovers his game from earlier in the season.

AV seems to want Weise playing on a nightly basis for his PK, and we all know Ebbett is his precious.

So it will likely be Kassian and Sestito rotating for the forseeable future.

1.Ebbett got sent down.
2.Kassian's game has nothing to rediscover, he's not playing with the Twins anymore....why do we expect him to perform like he is, when he's not?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad