Confirmed with Link: Canucks claim F Tom Sestito from Philadelphia

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
I could care less if he looses every fight to a legit heavy weight in a nucks uniform. As long as he hits guys hard on the forecheck and continues to hit guys in the open ice. He'll create more space for everyone else on his line and keep the other team honest while moving the puck through the neutral zone.

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
Let Kassian take on Lucic while Sestito takes on Thornton. Chara is too big tough for anybody to take on....
Too big? Yes.
Too tough? No chance.

Chara doesn't fight legit heavies, and when he does, he throws a minimum of punches, and relies on his size to ragdoll them around and throw them down. Not a convincing fighter at all.

He can "handle" just about anyone, but will never trade punches with anyone legitimately tough.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I watched all of his fights on youtube, I couldn't find any where he doesn't end up on the ice either by falling or being punched or wrestled down. Worst balance I have ever seen from a fighter but he's done well in both his fights with us so far.

Fortunately, you are probably too young to have witnessed former Canuck, Shawn Antoski, who had all the balance of an upside-down Coke bottle. We took him with our 2nd 1st round pick in 1990, one pick before Keith Tkachuk and two picks before Martin Brodeur.:rant:

As for Sesito's fighting, he seems okay, I guess. Like his hitting, though.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Randomly ran across this from last year; looks like Sestito got his wish :laugh::

TOMMfsfdsdfMY.jpg

May 31, 2006
Eh, if he was coming to Canada at least it wasn't Edmonton or Calgary. :laugh:

Pretty sure taxes in Alberta are now lower than in most US states.

Anyways, those are some great tweets from Sestito. Seems like an awesome guy.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Criticizing obama from the right? Is there a local fascist party in vancouver he can join? :sarcasm:

Considering he's of Italian background... well, I see what you did there.

Pretty sure taxes in Alberta are now lower than in most US states.

Anyways, those are some great tweets from Sestito. Seems like an awesome guy.

The quip about Edmonton and Calgary was a reference to his comments when he was asked about getting claimed by VAN. Even if taxes there are even lower than here... yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad