Confirmed with Link: Canucks claim F Tom Sestito from Philadelphia

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
I have a couple friends that live in Philly. This is what one of them said about Sestito:

"He's good at taking the body and doesn't usually take bad penalties. Decent fighter. He spent most of his time in the AHL and we'd use him when people got hurt."

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I have a couple friends that live in Philly. This is what one of them said about Sestito:

"He's good at taking the body and doesn't usually take bad penalties. Decent fighter. He spent most of his time in the AHL and we'd use him when people got hurt."

Most of the posts from PHI fans are generally disappointed to see him go, especially off of waivers. He was valued by their fan base for the most part.

Alflives*

The Flyers top forwards play with edge, and can take care of themselves; their need for an enforcer was not so great as in Vancouver.

Victory5

Apr 12, 2011
Philly fan here

He only played a few games for us, a fourth line fighter type guy. He scored 2 goals in a 2-1 win over Tampa, but that was really all he did offensively. He wont take dumb penalties, so thats a plus, but other than that, hes mainly a 13th forward

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
So a bigger and slower Volpatti.. I'd say that's a decent recovery from the loss.

Take this guy and put him in front of the net.

Hopefully Kassian can take this role on the PP since Kesler is out. Our PP is nothing without Kesler for this reason. I don't think Burrows has the size to do it.

CalderSchmalder

Jul 26, 2009
Vancouver
im-ok-with-this.jpg

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
:laugh: Whatever, I appreciate his malice.

Agreed. It's a part of the game that still goes on. We need it. Plus he brings a physicality that we don't have enough of. Kassian is sort of our designated "big guy" right now and I think that could hurt his development. Kassian needs to work on his overall game and not have too worry about being the teams big guy. Now some pressure can be off Kassian and Sestito can now become the teams brute.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Gillis likes to put players through MMA style fight training. I wonder if sestito will stick around long enough on the Canucks to receive that training. He could end up to be a pretty decent fighter/enforcer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad