Confirmed with Link: Canucks claim F Tom Sestito from Philadelphia

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
I admit that I've become a fan of the 4th line now for the first time in years. Never expect much.. and I realize we're just talking about the 4th line.

But with Weise and Sestito screaming down the wings on fore-checks it will make opposing d-men hate playing us.

Add a yappy Lappy... and it could make for some interesting times.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
And can chip in about 8-10 goals a season. This guy is the ideal 4th line enforcer, our own Shawn Thornton.

Yeah I'm totally thrilled we picked him up. I think he's going to become a fan favorite pretty quick. I have always been and will always be a sucker for big brutes who can fight. I still believe it's an important part of the game. The Canucks have some issues to work out but this, imo, was one of them. They were able to solve it using the waiver wire and managed to do quite well. I'm pretty stocked about this.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Saying this guy is an improvement over Volpatti is a huge stretch. The fights I saw in youtube is he seem to lose... he did get destroyed by Kassian I recalled?

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I admit that I've become a fan of the 4th line now for the first time in years. Never expect much.. and I realize we're just talking about the 4th line.

But with Weise and Sestito screaming down the wings on fore-checks it will make opposing d-men hate playing us.

Add a yappy Lappy... and it could make for some interesting times.

What the hell, you didn't like Desbien-Bolduc-Schaeffer? :sarcasm:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I read this.."Tom Sestito
Left Wing
Born Sep 28 1987 -- Utica, NY
[25 yrs. ago]
Height 6.05 -- Weight 228 -- Shoots L"

That means 6 feet 5 inches. If it were 6.005 then that would be 6 feet plus half an inch. (Although likely would be rounded up to 6.01).

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
Saying this guy is an improvement over Volpatti is a huge stretch. The fights I saw in youtube is he seem to lose... he did get destroyed by Kassian I recalled?

I'm not worried about ability to fight as much as willingness to go.

What is more important to me is energy and ability to hit. Weise has that... and word is Sestito does. Volpatti had the gumption but between the whistles he looked lost and his hits were usually more board than body.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I read this.."Tom Sestito
Left Wing
Born Sep 28 1987 -- Utica, NY
[25 yrs. ago]
Height 6.05 -- Weight 228 -- Shoots L"

That's just how hockeydb lists their heights.

They have Jordan Schroeder listed as 5.09. He is not 5 feet tall, he is 5'9".

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'm not worried about ability to fight as much as willingness to go.

What is more important to me is energy and ability to hit. Weise has that... and word is Sestito does. Volpatti had the gumption but between the whistles he looked lost and his hits were usually more board than body.

Sestito is also a lot bigger and more intimidating. He's our Shawn Thornton.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth

Kassian is a big boy, you know? He's not some creampuff. I would say Kassian could destroy 85% on the men in the NHL. Nobody wins every fight unless they are coked out of their mind. Sestito can hold his own with any heavyweight in the game. Enough said.

ZenMaster*

He fought three times in one game, regardless of winning or losing, thats a huge camaraderie to your teammates.

He also had 18 fights in 46 games while putting up 32 points in the AHL. He possesses that fighting spirit, plain and simple, he enjoys to fight and not many people have that attribute.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
The guy was willing to fight Lucic and stood in there the entire time. I don't care what anybody says about the Canucks before Sestito was a member. We had nobody willing to do that and could stand in there and not be used as a dummy.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
The bio says he is 6'05 not 6'5.. I dont know how many posts I seen saying he is 6'5, here

Are you implying that some think that Sestito is 6 feet and 50 inches?

6"5' is the same as 6"05' just need basic reasoning skills to figure that out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad