Confirmed with Link: Canucks claim F Tom Sestito from Philadelphia

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Uhh...Kassian will not see the press box I wouldn't think. If he is sitting out with any regularity he should just be on the farm. And there is no way Kassian is scratched for a 4th liner like Sestito anyway.

He's already been reduced to playing only six minutes a game. At this point, does the possibility of seeing him as a healthy scratch for a game or two really seem that far fetched?

Personally, I think you need to surround him with talented players in the top six and try and ride out these growing pains, particularly when you have so few other options for the second line right now. However, considering his defensive lapses recently, we all know AV is more likely to chew off his right arm than reward him with that opportunity.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C

Apparently Aaron Volpatti needed to add layers to his game to stay in the NHL? Practice on the PK?

Why is he being treated like he's some 20 year old... the guy is 27.

Well Mike looks like most GM didn't think that way. That was quite a baffling interview..
What more could you ask of Volpatti? He is a fighter, hitter and get 1 or 2 goals if lucky... nothing more nothing less..

Why are we trying to evolve everyone to something they're not?

RezChi

Feb 24, 2013
Vancouver
Gillis seems to have this weird vibe that whenever a player switches team, he kinda has to **** on them a little in a way

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Gillis seems to have this weird vibe that whenever a player switches team, he kinda has to **** on them a little in a way

In what way? :amazed: Seems to be saying they really liked him but needed him to be able to play more than 4 minutes a night. It's a valid criticism.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
In what way? :amazed: Seems to be saying they really liked him but needed him to be able to play more than 4 minutes a night. It's a valid criticism.

blame that on the coach. 4th liners are meant to play below 10mins unless they screw up like blow a defensive coverage and oppostion scores. then they get benched. i dont buy the volpatti needs to go down to chicago to get more ice-time

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
blame that on the coach. 4th liners are meant to play below 10mins unless they screw up like blow a defensive coverage and oppostion scores. then they get benched. i dont buy the volpatti needs to go down to chicago to get more ice-time

The point is that he needs to be able to contribute more than the average of 6-7 minutes that he did. When guys can only handle that much ice-time early in the season they usually become completely useless in the playoffs (see Tanner Glass).

Volpatti was a good hitter and fighter, that didn't make him a good hockey player or one that deserved a 4th line spot on this team.

arsmaster*

Apparently Aaron Volpatti needed to add layers to his game to stay in the NHL? Practice on the PK?

Well Mike looks like most GM didn't think that way. That was quite a baffling interview..
What more could you ask of Volpatti? He is a fighter, hitter and get 1 or 2 goals if lucky... nothing more nothing less..

Why do you think?

If you can only play 4 minutes and drop the mitts your easily replaced.

Pretty simple. No need to dramatize it.

arsmaster*

How did they **** on Volpatti.

If they wanted to **** on him he wouldn't have sugar coated it. They would have said what Tiranis, bleach and I are saying. He doesn't bring enough to the table and struggles with basic skills.

Gillis saying he needed more ice time means he needs to work on a few things (ones he can't work on in 4-6 mins in the NHL).

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

So it's frowned upon wanting a player that brings more to the team (other than fighting), and can handle more minutes? MG wanted Volpatti to get better so he could handle more minutes, he wanted him to improve, not evolve him into the best fourth line player ever to play the NHL game.

RezChi

Feb 24, 2013
Vancouver
The point is that he needs to be able to contribute more than the average of 6-7 minutes that he did. When guys can only handle that much ice-time early in the season they usually become completely useless in the playoffs (see Tanner Glass).

Volpatti was a good hitter and fighter, that didn't make him a good hockey player or one that deserved a 4th line spot on this team.

What do you expect out of a fourth liner? He's an even +/-, hard hitting, decent fighter tough player that backs up our stars. He doesn't give up the puck as much as Kassian (leads the team for forwards) and was 2nd in the team in hits. In the playoffs, look at the past few cup winners, they're all a tough, physical team.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
hehe some times this fan base makes me laugh...

Some one needs to be blamed for something, anything, quick :scared:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I don't get this still. Sesito doesn't pk.....

Apparently Pinizzotto is the Christ-like figure who is going to save our PK ... or something. I've never seen an organization so enamoured with a player who has basically zero NHL games at like 28 years old.

Steve Bennett*

I think Ebbett is ready for some pp time... :sarcasm:

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Apparently Pinizzotto is the Christ-like figure who is going to save our PK ... or something. I've never seen an organization so enamoured with a player who has basically zero NHL games at like 28 years old.

Or they just thought he was a bit better than Volpatti in that area????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad