Confirmed with Link: Canucks claim F Tom Sestito from Philadelphia

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
So we got a bigger Volpatti back? They clearly thought Peppermint was going to clear if that's the case.

Wow, he clearly must have been playing with Neal, in Plymouth, to get 42 goals.

YouCantYandleThis*

If it's Tom....thats kinda cool.

Excited to see what he can do on our fourth line.

Maccas

Aug 26, 2010
England
Meh, can't say I'm all that thrilled.
I watched him a couple of times while he was playing over in the UK and he looked great at this level but its a long way from NHL. He can hit and can fight alright but will never be a point scorer, Don't see him as that much of an upgrade of Peppermint to be honest.

FireBenningNow

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
So we got a bigger Volpatti back? They clearly thought Peppermint was going to clear if that's the case.

Wow, he clearly must have been playing with Neal in Plymouth to get 42 goals.

Esentially traded Volpatti for Sestito...not sure I see the point, Sestito sucks and didn't the Canucks brass mention that they wanted to send Volpatti down to start working on the PK etc, Sestito doesn't do any of that, waste of space...I've been a huge Gillis supporter but starting to shake my head...

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
He's a behemoth, not a bad pickup. Someone who can play the 4th line enforcer role and be a 13th forward in the playoffs.

YouCantYandleThis*

Meh, can't say I'm all that thrilled.
I watched him a couple of times while he was playing over in the UK and he looked great at this level but its a long way from NHL. He can hit and can fight alright but will never be a point scorer, Don't see him as that much of an upgrade of Peppermint to be honest.

He won't be.

I think Volpatti had some raw skill there to be tapped into.

Tom will be a good banger though. And hopefully he can provide a little bit of offense.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
Esentially traded Volpatti for Sestito...not sure I see the point, Sestito sucks and didn't the Canucks brass mention that they wanted to send Volpatti down to start working on the PK etc, Sestito doesn't do any of that, waste of space...I've been a huge Gillis supporter but starting to shake my head...

I'm sure they didn't waive Volpatti thinking they'd be exchanging him for someone else's waiver wire fodder.

That being said given Sestito is bigger and better at the one thing Volpatti can do at the NHL level I think it's worth seeing how this pans out.

My guess is that when healthy Sestito is our 13th or 14th best forward, just like Peppermint was.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Can he play center? If so I like it. If not, ehh.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
He's a behemoth, not a bad pickup. Someone who can play the 4th line enforcer role and be a 13th forward in the playoffs.

Maybe a big man throwing his weight around on the 4th will get Lappy and Kassian into playing mean. Kassian did one punch Tom last year hahah

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
Tom won't be a deer lost in the headlights like Volpatti in the defensive zone though.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Per twitter.

I kind of called this. They wanted to swap Volpatti for someone that plays a more clearly defined role. Volpatti would challenge heavies an not fare to well, this guy is a heavy. His skating ain't bad either.

Gonna be an awkward moment between Kassian and Sestito I'd imagine.

Now the goon lovers can rejoice.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
meh, slight upgrade on Aaron in the fourth liner territory is seems, just really though something was brewing.

dissapointed. Anyone know what #he'll wear?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad